Home

Ask me ANYTHING about MyLeague in 2k20

This is a discussion on Ask me ANYTHING about MyLeague in 2k20 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-12-2020, 10:58 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Ask me ANYTHING about MyLeague in 2k20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo80
What is your overall impression of myleague? What does it do well? What does it do poorly?

How would you improve upon it going forward?
Not as flawed as 2019 but not as beautiful as 2018 was either. Honestly, it's a good mode, not great but good. Once I mastered their algorithm, the game became easy but 2020 might be the most realistic 2k sim wise I've ever played if you change the settings for chemistry and morale. It does a great job understanding of what works and doesn't work with personnel grouping. The best I've seen from a team sports game that wasn't a complete sim like Football Manager.

I would make the G-League more realistic and more playable. I do agree with 2k, the G-League is worth 6-8 points in terms of progress depending on your training attributes, coaching, and sliders. Honestly, it's jacked up. I've seen a couple of guys who are G-league FAs, do not get signed as everyone has two already and they go into FA next year, get signed and jump to 85-88 before their first game. It's crazy to sign Will Baker at a 71 and now he's a 88 and playing on my G-league team. In 2k16 or 17, I remember the G-league was playable, I liked that.

This mode is NOT out of the box good at all outside of the sim. It's terrible. You must use sliders for contracts, training development, creating a baseline, etc. You must accept that if you use classes from the community that it will ruin their mode instantly. You must edit the mode based on that alone.

I found a lot of bugs initially which I was shocked the QA testers didn't catch. It made the mode nearly unplayable. Still much better than 2k19. That was the most buggiest(m/s) mode I've played from 2k. I would like a clearer mode this year. No invisible expansion teams, qualifying offers bugs, etc from the start.

I would like to see more interactive mode like NFL 2k5 was. I doubt we will ever see that again but it made things fun. I would like to see them really boost the draft and the coverage around it. I do like the ring presentation at the beginning of the year and the celebration at the end. To me, 2k topped all championship celebrations this year. I been waiting for that for along time. I love the simcast. There is a lot of good and some great within the mode and been so for years.

To make it great, they gotta go outside of the box while not breaking the game mode. It's a difficult task. I always felt College Hoops 2k8 did an amazing job of this. They made their mode so robust. NBA 2k mode has always fell short to CH2k in that area. The new 2k games have done little to make up that ground.

I am glad we have no MT in this mode but I feel that's part of the reason 2k just doesn't go above and beyond for that mode. To them, it's a 60 dollar mode, while MyCareer and MyTeam is a 200-300 dollar mode. Since most of their gamers are kids, that's who they cater too. Us legacy been playing 2k since the OG 2k are kinda left in the woods.

I do think if they want to introduce MT to MyLeague, it's going to be for an Online one only but that would be extremely difficult for a mode mainly older gamers play. I do think they should continue MT for MyGM but without screwing it up.

For me, the five additions I'll make is:

1. Playable G-League

2. Dynamic Draft coverage

3. Player movement awareness - While I've seen some players take less when the cast is dried up, no one is going to not play if someone offers them a spot even for the min. I've seen too many guys on Day 12 of FA turning down offers with limited spots around the league.

4. Bring back saving teams for use in play now mode. Import your super team into the regular mode. This was an old 2k feature that was removed like #1.

5. Fix all of your features - Badge training. Using someone like Luka to train a teammate for a badge. Things like this matter.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:03 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kully
How do you make players happy? Do you know what the usage rate has to be in order for them to not be all pissy?
It's broken. Basically, players have tendencies and if those tendencies are not being met considering the said players rating, that player will become disgusted and disgruntled. The best way to avoid this is to make that player a feature part of what you are doing. Maybe make them the #1 option but a lot of times, when a player is in this mode, it's difficult to change or fix.

My recommendation is to lower the chemistry and morale effectiveness. This was meant for MyGM more than MyLeague and that's why it is causing issues for MyLeague.

It's usually based on their tendencies and their impact. They like to be scoring and getting a lot of touches. I noticed bigs complaints the most. A lot of times, their touches is too low for their said rating and it creates issues.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:10 PM   #19
Rookie

2k out of the box wanted to make their players more modern considering previous 2k player gens were unusable in the modern NBA. The problem is, everyone is J.J. Reddick which doesn't really help the game as their tendencies tend to be low and they are just highly rated role players on average. Not to mention, their 2nd rounders tend to be awful. Unplayable by NBA standards.

No matter what you do to the draft class quality, this issue remains. My advice and get used to testing a lot of draft classes from the community. Uploading the wrong one can ruin your mode altogether. While some really good ones are out there. You just have to be willing to test. 2k draft classes are much better now than it used to be but it's still bad. Just not awful and unplayable but unrealistic and lacks badges to an extreme degree.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:15 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
What are houserules you've developed that make the experience more fun?

What are broken things you make sure to fix each time to make it more realistic/fun? (pretend I'm starting from scratch and you want me to have a great experience)
Goodness, my imagination is why I love the mode so much. I always try to make the experience different each time unless I am testing. I've always been like that when it comes to franchise modes in general. The only franchise mode I loved but hated was NFL 2k. Their player development system, as well as the draft class, had great intentions but no clarity.

This game has clarity so that's a positive. That's a tough question, if it's broken, that's usually a dev issue which I bring up to the staff on here. I would say, I always fix the contracts, min rating because that also impacts players under 80 overall but who goes to the G-league for more development which is a good thing. The ability to sign a late 2nd rounder to a two way contract is a minor but major goodie that the devs got right.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:20 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
What is LeBron James Jr.'s rating in 2034?
It depends which draft class you use. Right now, I am probably in my 15th Bronny class. He was drafted by the Thunder who generally become a powerhouse thanks to Houston and LAC.

He's usually a 99 if you use those 2024, Bronny classes. Bronny in those classes is 6'8 230 and a 81 overall. The class I am using right now is his current height. I like it better like that. I did the same for LaMelo at a younger age.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2020, 11:37 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zten11
I have a list of questions for you. Please answer to the best of your abilities:

1. Is the only right way to run a league by controlling all teams (because of unrealistic things they do such as sign cheap contracts and rotations)?

2. Also, how do you keep up the competitiveness of playing with one or two teams while controlling every other team too?

3. If so, how do you manage free agency for each team?

4. Do you have any special progression sliders that don't result in too many players eventually being rated over 90?

5. What do you think is the least paid attention to thing here? What is it that people need to be aware of that they aren't?

6. When playing 10+ minute quarters, is there any way to limit the number of rebounds for user and CPU? I play too many games where centers grab 25+ rebounds (for me and the CPU).

7. Is there a way to make the CPU attempt more 3-pointers (like in real life) even when the 3-point tendency is already at 100? That's not enough apparently.

8. Do you have any fun ideas that you roll with? Like playing with one team in each division, 29 game season in that case? Just give me anything unique that you do to keep you attached.

Thank you in advance!
1. There is literally no way you can avoid the contract issue without sliders and even then, the way the devs programmed it, you have guys signing 4/130 million-dollar deals to teams with -30 million in cap space if you do not control all of the teams. You can toggle with the sliders but it's difficult to really get a handle of this issue. This has always been an issue with 2k but the contract sliders really help but it can create an unrealistic game too. It's give and take sadly.

2. I generally avoid controlling all teams outside of rookie signings as it's extremely time-consuming and this game is expending you to badly go over the LT. If you really want to avoid it, try the sliders. That's the one thing 2k got right compared to years' past.

3. I don't.

4. Change both progression sliders and training sliders. Test, test, and test. Once you get the results you like, stick with it. The only reason I try to control all teams is 2k has it where they decline all 2nd rounders. Some get signed in FA but most do not.

5. Free Agency - I think 2k needs to spend a lot of time QA testing free agency. That can ruin a lot of players' experience. They added a lot of cool FA features which is GREAT but most of that stuff don't work. We still got the QO issue with players on a rookie deal issue. This has to improve.

6. I know they have gameplan sliders but I haven't tested it. For the most part, rebounding is a team plan with my teams in MyLeague.

7. Tendencies are everything in this game. You can turn an 82 into a MVP due to tendencies.

8. Using the cool owner meeting options is fun. 1-16 playoff picture, a tourney for the draft lottery. Things like that spice it up. They do not fix the sim after some of these. Like for example, I made the Rookie game go from 10 to 13 players. The issue is 3 players didn't even play. That's due to coaching tendencies. When you moved from 10 to 13, the coaching should have adjusted too. This game uses a lot of tendencies and algorithms. Things just do not happen for any reason. Everything happens for a reason.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:45 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinM_1998
Can you give a description of what the coach sliders under coach gameplan do (help defense, outside-inside, etc). Also in coach points of emphasis, what’s the diff between neutral and no preference? Thanks.

PSN: AlvinM1998
Every tendency the coaches have makes a major difference and how the personnel handles it does as well. You have a high BBIQ team with experience, you can do a lot of advanced schemes. Younger, athletic teams who get steals and blocks can play a more uptempo pace and space game you see New Orleans doing in 2k.

Help defense is the most important need in the modern NBA but if you look at young players, their rating tends to be low at it. This means, the more you do these things, the more open you are to mistakes. A team that plays a lot of help defense and blends their scheme is the Toronto Raptors under Nick Nurse.

Neutral means there is no preference for a style and just goes with the feel of the game but most coaches have a scheme either on offense or defense, sometimes both.

No preference is usually regarding a scoring option. You just ride the hot hand or let your PG/primary ball-handler make that decision.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:47 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerplayer8
Ask me ANYTHING about MyLeague in 2K20. Doesn't mean Ill answer though

Sorry for the delay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »