Home

Old 11-25-2018, 11:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Fouls?

I have tried so many different sets of sliders, different combos of my own slider tweaks, etc......I simply cannot figure out how to get the CPU to the FT line.

Does anyone have any knowledge of what groups of sliders combine to even be able to commit shooting fouls to get the CPU to the FT line? I've tried def awareness, consistency....and all others in conjunction. I can't get the CPU to shoot even in the 20's and usually it's around 10.

Any help is appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2018, 07:45 PM   #2
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Fouls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_Thibs
I have tried so many different sets of sliders, different combos of my own slider tweaks, etc......I simply cannot figure out how to get the CPU to the FT line.

Does anyone have any knowledge of what groups of sliders combine to even be able to commit shooting fouls to get the CPU to the FT line? I've tried def awareness, consistency....and all others in conjunction. I can't get the CPU to shoot even in the 20's and usually it's around 10.

Any help is appreciated.

Raising the contact sliders for under the basket and driving, will get you more free throws, along with needing to crank the foul sliders up.

As for getting a realistic variety of fouls, to where you are seeing fouls on 3pt attempts, charging, blocking, over the back, or loose ball fouls, well thats broken, and they either dont know how to fix it, or they just refuse to fix it, because the casual online players, dont want a realistic NBA simulation.

So if your wanting to see a realistic variety of fouls, and total team fouls per game averages in ML,or MyGM, your not going to get that.

But raising contact sliders for driving and inside, you will see more free throws and fouls.

Now if you want just want the CPU to get to the line more, and not you, then you will want to raise the user drive and inside contact, if I remember right, to get the CPU to get to the line more often.

Just look at where those sliders are set for user and CPU on rookie and pro settings. I forget which one is lower that the other, but that will tell you whether it effects the user or the CPU.

I play with them equal, but I think on lower settings those sliders, have the CPU lower on inside contact and drive contact, which means, they dont draw contact enough to draw fouls against the user.

It may be the opposite, of what Im saying, but if you look on where those slider are set for user and CPU on rookie and pro, you will figure out, which one effects the user and which one effects the CPU in drawing fouls.

Hopefully I explained it well enough, because it is confusing, I didnt realize it was the way it is, until NBA2k19, and I have been playing NBA2k every since the very 1st one they made,lol. But I have always just had those equal between me and the CPU, so I never noticed it was opposite of what I thought till this yr.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 11-27-2018, 11:13 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Raising the contact sliders for under the basket and driving, will get you more free throws, along with needing to crank the foul sliders up.

As for getting a realistic variety of fouls, to where you are seeing fouls on 3pt attempts, charging, blocking, over the back, or loose ball fouls, well thats broken, and they either dont know how to fix it, or they just refuse to fix it, because the casual online players, dont want a realistic NBA simulation.

So if your wanting to see a realistic variety of fouls, and total team fouls per game averages in ML,or MyGM, your not going to get that.

But raising contact sliders for driving and inside, you will see more free throws and fouls.

Now if you want just want the CPU to get to the line more, and not you, then you will want to raise the user drive and inside contact, if I remember right, to get the CPU to get to the line more often.

Just look at where those sliders are set for user and CPU on rookie and pro settings. I forget which one is lower that the other, but that will tell you whether it effects the user or the CPU.

I play with them equal, but I think on lower settings those sliders, have the CPU lower on inside contact and drive contact, which means, they dont draw contact enough to draw fouls against the user.

It may be the opposite, of what Im saying, but if you look on where those slider are set for user and CPU on rookie and pro, you will figure out, which one effects the user and which one effects the CPU in drawing fouls.

Hopefully I explained it well enough, because it is confusing, I didnt realize it was the way it is, until NBA2k19, and I have been playing NBA2k every since the very 1st one they made,lol. But I have always just had those equal between me and the CPU, so I never noticed it was opposite of what I thought till this yr.
I appreciate your input. I've had both contact sliders maxed out and all the foul sliders maxed out and still don't get the results. I just can't seem to get the CPU to the line nearly enough.
Old 11-29-2018, 03:24 PM   #4
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
I appreciate your input. I've had both contact sliders maxed out and all the foul sliders maxed out and still don't get the results. I just can't seem to get the CPU to the line nearly enough.
it's a bit broken this year, as the lack of time outs the cpu makes, or should I say doesen't. It was worse on 18, only slightly better on 19.
Old 11-29-2018, 03:51 PM   #5
Rookie

iFnOtWhYnOt_'s Arena

OVR: 0

What I do for my MyLeague is change the foul tendency, hard foul tendency and charge tendency for everyone in the league. Foul tendency sliders are at 55 for everyone...for now (I don't want people to foul out every game this is fine for me), hard foul to 1 (I hate the flagrant foul animation, it pops up in awkward moments) and charge slider is 90 for pgs,80,sgs,70sf,50pf and 30 for centers. Except for high charge takers like Lowry ill have 99, just a personal touch.

What I also would suggest is to not always play on-ball D, let your teammates make mistakes, help on the weakside if you need to but you will deff see more calls and a more organic looking game.

My game-play foul sliders are at 100 for everything except reach in which I have at 60 but I have steal success at 0 and go for on ball steals at 25.

My goal is to get 20 fouls per team a game I'm currently getting in the 15-19 range consistently. There are definitely a lot more other variables to tweak but I'm happy with my solution right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2018, 09:59 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFnOtWhYnOt_
What I do for my MyLeague is change the foul tendency, hard foul tendency and charge tendency for everyone in the league. Foul tendency sliders are at 55 for everyone...for now (I don't want people to foul out every game this is fine for me), hard foul to 1 (I hate the flagrant foul animation, it pops up in awkward moments) and charge slider is 90 for pgs,80,sgs,70sf,50pf and 30 for centers. Except for high charge takers like Lowry ill have 99, just a personal touch.

What I also would suggest is to not always play on-ball D, let your teammates make mistakes, help on the weakside if you need to but you will deff see more calls and a more organic looking game.

My game-play foul sliders are at 100 for everything except reach in which I have at 60 but I have steal success at 0 and go for on ball steals at 25.

My goal is to get 20 fouls per team a game I'm currently getting in the 15-19 range consistently. There are definitely a lot more other variables to tweak but I'm happy with my solution right now.
I've also maxed out every global slider that seems to apply, but man, I don't want to have to go in and edit every single player's tendency for fouls. I don't have the time or patience. That's probably the only real solution though. I may at least try to play less on-ball D. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:39 PM   #7
Rookie

michdb8's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I've also maxed out every global slider that seems to apply, but man, I don't want to have to go in and edit every single player's tendency for fouls. I don't have the time or patience. That's probably the only real solution though. I may at least try to play less on-ball D. Thanks for the suggestions.
There are some rosters who have already this tendencies ,what plataform do you play?

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-30-2018, 11:58 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michdb8
There are some rosters who have already this tendencies ,what plataform do you play?

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Operation Sports mobile app
I'm on the PS4. Any recommendations for rosters with foul tendencies edited would be greatly appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »