Home

2K has become a game of "Highlights" instead of basketball - are badges to blame?

This is a discussion on 2K has become a game of "Highlights" instead of basketball - are badges to blame? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-25-2017, 10:14 PM   #33
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: 2K has become a game of "Highlights" instead of basketball - are badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I actually just started adopting this to my game with Lamarcus/Duncan after some guy online killed me with Carmelo Anthony.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6c7uen

I do agree with your point on emphasis on creating space but I think we've taken a full step forward there..I feel like those face ups were impossible last year. I think the game does a much better job in regards to height detection on contest in THESE cases.

(PNO at least, cant speak to MyPlayer/Pro AM)

That said, it can use even more improvement.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Hahahaha I've been telling you. You didn't do a running hook. I'm disappointed lol jk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
Nice video.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Especially if you learn a players release. You can gun him down in those ranges. It was my biggest complainant the last 2 years. My guess they had been working on it. The problem we had before is gone. Get the release right and the ball was going in. No matter what. Now there is a balance. If you defend. You'll get misses. But in turn. You will get blown by playing tight.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2017, 06:40 PM   #34
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K has become a game of "Highlights" instead of basketball - are badges to blame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
It's actually a lot simpler than badges; archetypes have ruined this game. In order to split skills and abilities up, they've weighted them too much, because who wants to pick an archetype that is slightly better than average at the chosen skill?
you Know that There are other game Modes than mycareer / Park / proam where you Play 5on5 and Control all 5 players? no archetypes There, still the same experience to a part because of badges.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-31-2017, 02:35 AM   #35
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Re: 2K has become a game of "Highlights" instead of basketball - are badges to blame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
you Know that There are other game Modes than mycareer / Park / proam where you Play 5on5 and Control all 5 players? no archetypes There, still the same experience to a part because of badges.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Operation Sports mobile app
Yeah, while it's perhaps more obvious in the MyPlayer modes as people tend to abuse the hell out of their badges (Limitless Range has basically ruined Park/Pro Am), the same animations and canned gameplay occurs just as much in MyTeam, PNO etc. and is no less frustrating in those.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2017, 04:17 AM   #36
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
Yeah, while it's perhaps more obvious in the MyPlayer modes as people tend to abuse the hell out of their badges (Limitless Range has basically ruined Park/Pro Am), the same animations and canned gameplay occurs just as much in MyTeam, PNO etc. and is no less frustrating in those.
I feel they should make it harder to gain these badges in the game for the "my" users.

I had a guy that just sat there and tried to shoot from long distance (with Curry). He made a few. But lost by 20. It's one thing if he used it like Curry would twice maybe 3 times in a PNO game.

Now the my thing is a totally different beast. I don't play it enough to comment. But I could imagine.... Probably annoying as hell.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:44 AM   #37
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I feel they should make it harder to gain these badges in the game for the "my" users.

I had a guy that just sat there and tried to shoot from long distance (with Curry). He made a few. But lost by 20. It's one thing if he used it like Curry would twice maybe 3 times in a PNO game.

Now the my thing is a totally different beast. I don't play it enough to comment. But I could imagine.... Probably annoying as hell.
Unfortunately I don't think making it harder to gain badges will solve the problem (They've actually already done that during the year)---people will still find a way to get it anyways. I don't want to reward garbage players who simply spent more time spamming pointless drills.

I would say decreasing the effectiveness a bit of it is the way to go. Just enough where it's still a real weapon for actual NBA players in PNO but not so strong where somebody can cross half court and seriously think "Being open at 30 feet>a layup" every single time
Old 12-31-2017, 12:44 PM   #38
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Unfortunately I don't think making it harder to gain badges will solve the problem (They've actually already done that during the year)---people will still find a way to get it anyways. I don't want to reward garbage players who simply spent more time spamming pointless drills.

I would say decreasing the effectiveness a bit of it is the way to go. Just enough where it's still a real weapon for actual NBA players in PNO but not so strong where somebody can cross half court and seriously think "Being open at 30 feet>a layup" every single time
What’s crazy to me is that Curry “only hit” 33 of those limitless ranges threes in his 15-16 year. Not even close to 1 a game . But in pro am pure sharps can hit 10+ lol
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 12-31-2017, 02:45 PM   #39
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
What’s crazy to me is that Curry “only hit” 33 of those limitless ranges threes in his 15-16 year. Not even close to 1 a game . But in pro am pure sharps can hit 10+ lol
I hope 2k slowly takes it out. Keeps it for only that Curry.

Old 12-31-2017, 11:18 PM   #40
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
But even 2k12 had major issues. You couldn't tell the difference between a JR Smith and LeBron in those games. Some people actually like playing JR Smith more than LeBron back then. Players like JR Smith could shot like a Curry. They was no difference.

I never said there wasn't a world before badges lol. Certain badges are actually huge needs. I think the problem is that we don't know what badges actually effective. Like mentioned already. What's the difference been contact dunk ratings and Posterizer badge? And I think the contact has to do with contact with players in the area. Doesn't mean your dunking on a player. It just that will the player dunk when someone is in the area. I think the posterizer is actually for dunking on players (or getting those dunk on animations).

First dunk uses the badge.
Second dunk is using the contact rating for taking off.
Fourth one is using the contacting rating too.

I don't ususally have the HUD up to see which badges are being used. But I'll try to get more examples when I can. I hate the HUD. So please understand I'll be collect videos for this thread and future threads lol
Those dunks would be real life highlights of the season which constitutes 30 teams playing 82 48 minute games.. You had 4 in one game and that is kind of proving the OP correct.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »