Home

NBA 2k18 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2k18 Impressions Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-14-2017, 06:55 PM   #33
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NBA 2k18 Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
FYI, I'm back streaming the game on Twitch.

https://www.twitch.tv/aholbert32
Still streaming in case you are interested. I'll stream until the game comes out in 2 hrs.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:33 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Got to play a quick game with a friend

Defense feels much better imo. I wasnt sliding amd warping into places. The shooting has a nice feel to it also. It was on superstar and the flow of the game was great. I like what im seeing so far
Old 09-14-2017, 08:10 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 12

How's the player movement/control?

I don't think I've enjoyed full control over my player since 2K8. "Canimations" as you've heard have ruined sports games for me. I still check them out every year, but every year since 2K8 I've been disappointed. They've gone for too much show and not enough play. I want to play a bball game, not watch one. Too often is my player doing things that I didn't want him to do, even small things like pacing around a little when I'm just wanting to stand still on my blue circle, or automatically posting up when I get on the block when I just want to stand there or just run through. Or he'll back pedal slowly on defense even though I'm pressing full left along with the turbo/sprint button held, but it just doesn't respond because, I guess, looks cooler and more realistic the other way? I've also noticed I haven't been able to sprint very well off the ball to come off screens and whatnot. I just feel like my player has been in auto mode.

Do they still do things that you didn't command them to do with your controller or don't or delay doing things you are commanding because the game wants it to look and animate realistically?

Last edited by Boge; 09-14-2017 at 08:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 08:15 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge
How's the player movement/control?

I don't think I've enjoyed full control over my player since 2K8. "Canimations" as you've heard have ruined sports games for me. I still check them out every year, but every year since 2K8 I've been disappointed. They've gone for too much show and not enough play. I want to play a bball game, not watch one. Too often is my player doing things that I didn't want him to do, even small things like pacing around a little when I'm just wanting to stand still on my blue circle, or automatically posting up when I get on the block when I just want to stand there or just run through. Or he'll back pedal slowly on defense even though I'm pressing full left along with the turbo/sprint button held, but it just doesn't respond because, I guess, looks cooler and more realistic the other way? I've also noticed I haven't been able to sprint very well off the ball to come off screens and whatnot. I just feel like my player has been in auto mode.

Do they still do things that you didn't command them to do with your controller or don't or delay doing things you are commanding because the game wants it to look and animate realistically?
It's much less of an issue, imo. The most in-controll i have felt in a sports game yet.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:22 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

Gameplay is pretty solid as expected.

My biggest gripe is CAP system and customization sucks. Will be waiting eagerly for Day 1 patch.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:07 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 4

Am i crazy or is there no playvision for Freelance anymore ? I am not crazy to think it was there in 2k17 ?
Old 09-14-2017, 09:15 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

The lighting is so much better than last year its barely comparable.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:16 PM   #40
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
Am i crazy or is there no playvision for Freelance anymore ? I am not crazy to think it was there in 2k17 ?

You usually have to turn it fully on in settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »