Home

**2K17 - How's your MyLeague/MyGM going?**

This is a discussion on **2K17 - How's your MyLeague/MyGM going?** within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-16-2016, 09:34 AM   #25
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
re: **2K17 - How's your MyLeague/MyGM going?**

Quote:
Originally Posted by miz468
Quick question for you guys while I'm installing the game... I know you can do an expansion MyLeague, and I know you can start in the previous offseason, but can you start in the previous offseason with an expansion team?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
^I believe the answer to this is yes. As I recall, Leftos (2K dev) said that the expansion process can take place in either Start Today, Start in Offseason, or Normal Start for MyLeague/MyGM. If it was done during Start in Offseason, then the game would account for that when determining draft order (expansion teams aren't automatically granted the 1st overall pick, they can only go as high as 4th in the lottery I think).

Ah, here it is -- from the MyLeague Blog thread:
Quote:
09-12-2016, 05:03 PM

Leftos
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

Re: NBA 2K17 MyLEAGUE, MyLEAGUE Online & MyGM Blog With Erick Boenisch

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmike0077

if the expansion draft is before the NBA draft, does that mean we initially recreate the 2016 entry draft? when we first start the mode?

Or is it expansion draft, then next season is entry

The expansion team is added to the league in one offseason. They do the expansion draft and grow their roster to 13 players, then get the option to add 2 more through the draft for a total of 15, and participate in the subsequent regular season. So if you do "start from offseason" you're getting the end of finals roster and all the other adjustments we've made to starting at that point, but the expansion team participates in all the offseason stuff. It doesn't wait a year.
Quote:
09-12-2016, 04:50 PM

Leftos

The expansion draft is before the NBA draft. Expansion teams get slotted in the lottery automatically after the top 3 (or N if a rule change has passed) teams are selected, and don't get any chances to jump up into the top 3. The order between multiple expansion teams is random. So if you have 2 expansion teams with no lottery rule changes, they'll be randomly slotted as 4th and 5th in the NBA draft.

Last edited by trekfan; 09-16-2016 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Citing Leftos post for answers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 09:36 AM   #26
Rookie

Time to go and get Dirk his 2nd ring.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:41 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
^I believe the answer to this is yes. As I recall, Leftos (2K dev) said that the expansion process can take place in either Start Today, Start in Offseason, or Normal Start for MyLeague/MyGM. If it was done during Start in Offseason, then the game would account for that when determining draft order (expansion teams aren't automatically granted the 1st overall pick, they can only go as high as 4th in the lottery I think).
I got to play around with it this morning. Yes, you can start in off season or in season. Now for the bad news, if you start in off season you do NOT get a draft pick.i choose the Baltimore Barons, simulated the draft, no pick for me. Seems I have to wait till next year.

Now keep in mind I only we think so far as post draft that's it. I'm hoping during the expansion draft I get a pick or I missed something.

Really disappointed I didn't get a pick.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:47 AM   #28
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14
I got to play around with it this morning. Yes, you can start in off season or in season. Now for the bad news, if you start in off season you do NOT get a draft pick.i choose the Baltimore Barons, simulated the draft, no pick for me. Seems I have to wait till next year.

Now keep in mind I only we think so far as post draft that's it. I'm hoping during the expansion draft I get a pick or I missed something.

Really disappointed I didn't get a pick.
Hmm. Based on what Leftos said, it really seemed like if we chose to start in the offseason we'd be treated to the full expansion process. Could you go back and double check it without simming the draft?

I'll be able to when I get home myself this afternoon (5PM) but I'd rather not wait that long for the answer.

This is what Leftos said in MyLeague Blog thread.
Quote:
09-12-2016, 05:03 PM

Leftos

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmike0077

if the expansion draft is before the NBA draft, does that mean we initially recreate the 2016 entry draft? when we first start the mode?

Or is it expansion draft, then next season is entry

The expansion team is added to the league in one offseason. They do the expansion draft and grow their roster to 13 players, then get the option to add 2 more through the draft for a total of 15, and participate in the subsequent regular season. So if you do "start from offseason" you're getting the end of finals roster and all the other adjustments we've made to starting at that point, but the expansion team participates in all the offseason stuff. It doesn't wait a year.
Quote:
09-12-2016, 04:50 PM

Leftos

The expansion draft is before the NBA draft. Expansion teams get slotted in the lottery automatically after the top 3 (or N if a rule change has passed) teams are selected, and don't get any chances to jump up into the top 3. The order between multiple expansion teams is random. So if you have 2 expansion teams with no lottery rule changes, they'll be randomly slotted as 4th and 5th in the NBA draft.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:52 AM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Hmm. Based on what Leftos said, it really seemed like if we chose to start in the offseason we'd be treated to the full expansion process. Could you go back and double check it without simming the draft?

I'll be able to when I get home myself this afternoon (5PM) but I'd rather not wait that long for the answer.

yeah, im honestly hoping I missed something. I did this in literally like 3 min before work. So I was rushing. I looked at all the teams, uniforms and courts. There were like 3 I liked TBH and a few were boring but we each have our own taste.

I saw the realignment. They put my Barons in with the Cavs, lucky me. lol, Then, I saw HOF inductees and then the HOF people, all matched up to RL. Finally, I saw the draft lotto order and I was rather mad when I wasn't on it, so I turned it off, lol. So, maybe theres hope that we are not in the lotto and just appear in the draft.

Its gonna be a long darn offseason If I don't have someone to built around. Also, im sooo curious to see if any half any decent people in the expansion draft.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:53 AM   #30
Rookie

Can someone answer my question please. I wanna know before I start a MyLeague
Old 09-16-2016, 09:55 AM   #31
MVP

Quote:

Also, again I only looked at it for like 3 min and it was at 5 am, lol, so maybe I was half asleep. But, the expansion draft was NOOOT before the draft. ITs League realignment--HOF inductees-HOF---Draft Lotto--draft--free agency--then expansion draft.

Keep in mind obviously there is staff signing in between and all that stuff, but im talking about the important stuff.

Can someone clear this up for us?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 09:56 AM   #32
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushysowavvey
I'm late, but why don't you have to wait on draft classes? They allow us to download a draft class at any time?
Yes, this is from the MyLeague Blog

Draft Class Improvements

Draft Classes can now be imported and edited at ANY point (read: editing can happen AFTER importing while the season is ongoing). Additionally, Draft Classes created in-mode can be saved to their own files as well.

And this is post #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
- If you import a draft class mid-season, we'll do catch up scouting, simulating the scouting that teams would've done up to that point in the season.
- Custom rosters should have the uniforms updated too whenever you load into your save, yes.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2048412387

Spoiler

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »