Home

player on-court movement issues

This is a discussion on player on-court movement issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-05-2015, 04:51 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: player on-court movement issues

The 1st video with Steph is one of my biggest complaints with 2K16.

I call it the invisible defender and it only happens to the user and never to the CPU.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:11 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 15

This is the best post I have seen on 2K16! This encompasses all the problems I have with the game. If the developers could solve all these wonky dribbling "hesitations" and CPU defenders "force field walls" this would be my favorite sports game of all-time. As it stands now, these issues are killing the experience for me. I have tried every slider set, including turning on-ball defense to 0 and all the contact shot sliders to 0. This helps a little, but the issues still consistantly happen.

I am SOOOO happy that Beluba has commented on this. It is hard for me to believe the developers haven't noticed this, but maybe they can come through with a miracle on patch 4.

Here is to hoping!!!
Old 12-05-2015, 08:18 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewaldo
There is unquestionably input lag in 2K16, moreso than other years but it's always been an issue. It ruins the game for me.

Go play a modern shooter like Battlefront and notice how snappy your character movements are in relation to your stick movements. Smooth as butter. Do the same thing in 2K and you'll realize it takes a small fraction of time for your player to respond. While a small fraction of lag (50-100ms) may not sound like much, it makes all the difference in terms of the feel of the game. Particularly on defense when you are trying to react to quick player movements, but also when chaining together dribble moves or doing a quick pump fake before a drive.

I am guessing that the 2K graphics engine is not quite up to par, so in order to render graphics at 60fps at a high resolution, the game has to 'pre-render' what is happening on the court using input delay. This is similar to what GTA does. Only it is much bigger of an issue in a sports game. Clearly input lag is not an issue to 2K developers since they've allowed it to be present in online modes all of these years. Now it is creeping into offline play which is simply unacceptable. Games are about feel not looks, get with it 2K.
Great post
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2015, 08:31 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshunleon
The 1st video with Steph is one of my biggest complaints with 2K16.

I call it the invisible defender and it only happens to the user and never to the CPU.
but that's not how you do a crossover in 2k - you need to be lined up with your defender and time it right for it to work. guy would have been better off with a change of direction in that situation. the only thing he was crossing over was thin air.

you guys are trippin'. if you use the crossovers right they work fine.

Last edited by psydefx; 12-05-2015 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:35 AM   #37
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
player on-court movement issues

The crossover he did in the first video was fine....but that hesitation is user error. I do that cross over 4-5 times a game with no problem....this cross over in particular was even touched on the dribble thread.....

I stopped the video around the time he started talking about elephants and 'doo doo' so maybe I missed something in particular....but I can't stand videos like this because they are a crutch to blame the game. w/o learning how things work
Old 12-05-2015, 12:29 PM   #38
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
The crossover he did in the first video was fine....but that hesitation is user error. I do that cross over 4-5 times a game with no problem....this cross over in particular was even touched on the dribble thread.....

I stopped the video around the time he started talking about elephants and 'doo doo' so maybe I missed something in particular....but I can't stand videos like this because they are a crutch to blame the game. w/o learning how things work

How is the hesitation user error? It basically happens any time you do a cross pretty close to the timeline. A defender doesn't even have to be close to you, it just happens.

I'm not being argumentative, I'm just wondering how it's my fault for what seems to be a punishment for pressing a button because I'm on a certain spot on the floor.
Old 12-05-2015, 12:35 PM   #39
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
How is the hesitation user error? It basically happens any time you do a cross pretty close to the timeline. A defender doesn't even have to be close to you, it just happens.

I'm not being argumentative, I'm just wondering how it's my fault for what seems to be a punishment for pressing a button because I'm on a certain spot on the floor.

It's not punishment, it's additional input after the initial RS flick- we talk about it on the 3 page of this thread....

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ble-moves.html

Not near my PS4, but as always I'll be happy to show it first hand, no hesitation- it's a move I use quite a lot from that distance
Old 12-05-2015, 03:18 PM   #40
Banned

ballin91's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Thanks for the feedback and videos. It helps to understand exactly what you guys are seeing and text can be misleading. So keep them coming if you're experiencing something different. A few things:

- The bug where you lose control of your player for a couple seconds on changes of possession in 2K Cam has been found and will be addressed.

- If you're experiencing unwanted movement from defensive assist, you'll want to lay off of L2 or LT while playing defense online. Holding L2/LT down activates assist online even if you zero out the setting.

- the other issues being mentioned (input lag, unwanted cuts, etc.) are being investigated.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE CONCERN and thank you everyone!!! I thought no one will reply in my thread !!! i will post a vid as soon as i can. i play broadcast camera in ps4. sometimes, when my player steals a ball directly from the cpu (not a steal from a pass but a direct steal from the ball handler), it's a fastbreak and i move or attack directly to the rim... it always goes to the sidelines for some reason even if i direct my analogue stick towards the basket. it is very stiff and "uncontrolable"... i will play by tomorrow and post a vid asap. i play myLeague

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »