Home

*NBA 2k Cheats that can't be tuned by the user "Enough!"*

This is a discussion on *NBA 2k Cheats that can't be tuned by the user "Enough!"* within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-07-2015, 11:40 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: *NBA 2k Cheats that can't be tuned by the user "Enough!"*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hear me now
I just wish it would let me jump when I press jump.
If it jumped every time you press the button, it would cancel out quickness, reaction time, momentum, and stamina ratings tied to the individual player, and make everyone exactly the same. Not varied, not realistic.

Understand the system, and try and play within it. It's not perfect, and ALL of the issues everyone has mentioned exist in some extent...I just understand the reality of the situation, and play within the basketball system given to me, and try to be as successful as I can.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2015, 12:24 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Wow... I see I'm not the only person who sees the issues... All good post guys keep them coming .... And to 31 year old guy dude I'm 35 and trust me I have accepted a lot of bs from 2k over the years lol. At the end of the day this is only a video game.

2ks focus is clearly on Myplayer stuff am so it should with all the interest in that game mode in the video game sports genre. I just wish they would think about the plp who were buying their game when NBA live was still raining champ. We switch bc 2k took NBA lives slogan "if it's in the game, it's in the game" and showed EA what that truly means.. As of lately I they have either gotten lazy or run out of hrs to dedicate to gameplay cpu AI sim.

Let's look at the facts... Majority of plp who play this game are kids and teens. Most of them won't notice the suttle cheats in the game but they will notice that their favor fit teams arena Lighting affect is wrong on the south side of the court lol or there favorite player is missing his wrist band lol. I'm ok with all that. I've spent a lot time invested in the companies games over the years and I see they have now put focus into RPG style game with a story mode. Again I get it .. No issues with those who like it ... If I pick up the controller to play a basketball sim that's what I want to play .. If I want story I'll play the witcher wild hunt lol awesome game .. I don't want to spend the time doing 2k job to tweak the game to make it play sim. I like what one of the posters said "just make it sim out the box and let everyone else crank the sliders to 1000 if they want insane mode".

The biggest problem is the rubber banding effect as I describe in original post. You can watch all da_Czar and Sam Pham vids you want.. I know how to play the game and I want to be either rewarded for having good stick skills and punished for making bad decisions or adjustments to the game. If the AI moves me out of positions or slows me down when they need to make a play ... That's scripted and whatever tips you get from Sam or czar don't matter lol.

When you play real life basketball and you play lock down defense but when you opponent goes to drive he has a Stars wars force field don't won't allow you to move in that space.. How would you feel??? Lol if you use a screen properly and start to attack the rim but the AI uses the Yoda force to slow you down until it recovers .. Then what's the point of it all? Yes it's a game but if I'm going to invest my time to play 12 min qrt or mygm the outcome should derive from what I do ... Not the AI cpu holding me like a bad offensive linemen when I beat him and have a clear land to sack the qb... Just saying the AI is like a sorry *** lineman who can only challenge you by holding on every play call.

If 2k doesn't correct this or admits it's fine the way it is. Please just let me know so I can end my relationship with the franchise. I'm pass the pissed off stage lol just want an explanation if they or someone would be so kind.

Btw I use the mavs .. Those of you who don't see most of these issues or ably use cavs or warriors lol just saying
Old 11-08-2015, 12:44 AM   #19
Rookie

Re: *NBA 2k Cheats that can't be tuned by the user Enough!;*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
When I want to play a full true Sim, I play my MyGM, and not play a single game. Make roster moves, training, gameplanning, everything...then GameCast Live it while calling plays. That is true Sim.

When you control every player on the court, you are taking some of the power out of their ratings, and into your hands. If you sneeze, they miss. That, in no way, can be a true sim. And so why no current games are considered a true Sim except OOTP Baseball...a text based true sim.

I have accepted this, years ago, and always have a coach/watch Franchise in all sports games. No difficulty level. Just put the numbers together and make it happen with the pieces you can get.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
I see your point 31 and if that's how you choose to enjoy the game that's awesome for you... I choose be involved on the court in real time and make split second decisions With the players I'm controlling and expect there attributes and badges to take affect to determine the out come. Over the years 2k has put more time into making cheats than making sim gameplay... And every year they change or dare I say "recycle" some of the controls and call it new and improved lol. I'm fine with this tho no biggie. However the plp who are making these cheats I wonder if they are sitting in a small room thinking how can i design a new cheat to make the game harder while there eating bun buns lmao. Do these guys have any college or pro basketball experience?? As a baller I can't see another true baller puting some of these cheats in the game as your love and respect for the game wouldn't allow you to do so. My guess is these plp are fans with a computer science degree and no real experience. If you played the game competitively and put in the hours in the weight room ran the 5ks had the knee surgeries etc. you couldn't sit back and disrespect the game with some of these ridiculous cheats. It's not about getting better at the game .. It's about taking things out that don't belong in the game out of respect alone.

Last edited by phlipmode; 11-08-2015 at 12:48 AM.
Old 11-08-2015, 01:04 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Again with the "biggest issue on OS" thing.

I think you may have a misconception on what the board is about. This isn't a "gripe board" as 23 says. Sure there are a lot of legitimate issues, and 'get gud' isn't always the solution...but this isn't just a place to just complain....never been the purpose of the forum.

There have been so many exaggerations this year, 'this is broken' 'it's impossible to do this'...
Hey 24th your right, lots of plp complain about things they can easily Google or read the digital Manual to learn and go to scrimmage mode to practice.. But I actual agree with DonWauns post ... This is not a gripe or cry for help saying I can't win on ss or HOF lol I just want to know if this company plans to continued to put in the game the things I mentioned above? Lol... The things I mentioned a above are non fiction .. lol. I just want to know if someone from 2k or in our great OS community can advise with proof that these cheats are here to stay ?? Lol look at my history I don't post much but I've been a member for a long time. So if I took the time from my schedule to right that long long post it must be something that's been on my mind for a long time lol.
Old 11-08-2015, 01:14 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitdabull
Its fruatrating .

I play online all the time and experience the same thing

Nobody talks about it because everybody is letting the cpu play for them

Im actually usering players on D and getting smoked
I use to let the cpu guard the cpu and play off ball defense and some on ball myself... Then I saw a link last year of beluba from 2k saying the cpu hardly takes a hit on offense when defending itself .. But if the user defends the cpu then it will account for that and the cpu will have harder time scoring.. So I've been playing on ball 90%of the time... Problem is this is what the devs want us to do. However sound so leaves your AI teammate guarding the corner 3 and when the shot clock goes down your AI defender will walk into the paint for no reason leaving his guy wide open for the shot..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2015, 01:20 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
I always felt that the CPU "cheats" more on higher difficulties. The better animations seem to trigger easier and more often for them. I recommend playing on All Star and just upping the sliders to make it more challenging if you need to.
Tried this already on all star lol the cpu AI still holds and rubber band. We need 2k to disable it or let the user choose to have it on or not
Old 11-08-2015, 01:23 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
I'm not buying that they CPU can't compete without cheating. There are ways they can go about giving you a challenge without blatantly cheating you. Like the OP said they can increase the CPU's shooting percentages, increase CPU AI intelligence, etc... They don't have to cheat you. That's a lazy choice made by the devs in my opinion.

Example, instead of increasing CPU awareness by allowing them to protect the ball when dribbling in the face of a defender ala Magic Johnson, they would rather just make your hand morph through the ball on steal attempts because they're so worried about there being too many turnovers in the game. That's a horrible & cheap way to program the game. 2K has the ability & technology to fix a lot of these issues if they choose to. I know because these cheats don't happen all the time. They tend to happen at the most inopportune times when the rubberband AI decides to kick in.
Well said well said!! You just spoke my mind!
Old 11-08-2015, 01:25 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohns23
They just need to have a setting (or just come out and say which setting) thats says "players play to their attributes and tendencies"... No artificial boast or cheat lags. If you beat thw cpu by 50 then so be it. Hell GSW beat memphis by 50 this year so it wont mean the game is too easy... Just please tell us what setting/slider will give us true sim. And no i dont want to experiment, i really want/need whoever created the game to just tell us. Its not that hard to ask lol

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Couldn't agree more !! On point you are!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »