Home

Myera 4 out 1 in

This is a discussion on Myera 4 out 1 in within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-08-2024, 07:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Myera 4 out 1 in

I'm playing with the Orlando Magic in the Jordan Era. I've got a stretch 4 but no matter what I try and do he will always try and post up.

I've set our team system to Perimeter Centric which states it's 4 players out. I've also edited the PF to only have 3 point as their plays/type. I've also set their tendency to post up at 0 but still no matter what happens, when I run up the court him and Shaq post up either side of the key.

Is this something to do with the Era or is there a way I can get my PF to stand at the 3 point line?

Cheers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2024, 02:27 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Myera 4 out 1 in

The Team System(proeficiency) has nothing to do with how the players acutally behave on the court.

What you are looking for is the Freelance (like Hawks 2019, Point or Warriors), which you can select in the offensive settings gameplan
Old 04-09-2024, 06:56 AM   #3
Rookie

Thanks, I'll look into that, appreciate the reply.
Old 04-09-2024, 09:00 AM   #4
Rookie

wholesome threads >
Old 04-09-2024, 09:50 AM   #5
MVP

jk31's Arena

system proficiencies....this is one of many things that 2k implemented in the game and then never really developed further at all. it just exists and makes no sense at all. basically it is just underlying buffs and nerfs that nobody really understands anymore how they work and what they do. but they are there and you cannot deactivate them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2024, 10:59 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukepingi
I'm playing with the Orlando Magic in the Jordan Era. I've got a stretch 4 but no matter what I try and do he will always try and post up.

I've set our team system to Perimeter Centric which states it's 4 players out. I've also edited the PF to only have 3 point as their plays/type. I've also set their tendency to post up at 0 but still no matter what happens, when I run up the court him and Shaq post up either side of the key.

Is this something to do with the Era or is there a way I can get my PF to stand at the 3 point line?

Cheers
What year are you playing? Are you pushing for the PF to shoot more outside shots?
Old 04-09-2024, 05:52 PM   #7
Rookie

It's 1995. I haven't had a chance to look at the freelance thing that was recommended earlier in the thread, but so far I've manually set his role to 3pt in the Vitals section of the editor. I didn't set a 2nd or 3rd thing, I also changed his post up tendency to 0.

The problem isn't simming because I play every game, but it's just annoying for me when he posts up and gets in the way of Shaq who I want to be in there solo.

Part of the problem may be the fact the PF in question is Derrick Coleman who is quite a good post player and would normally be his primary role. His 3 point shot developed to an A over the last couple of seasons so I traded for him to be a guy that can stand outside to give Shaq more room, and then help out inside when Shaq is off. I thought my changes to the team system and his personal changes would be enough to get him to stand behind the 3 point line.
Old 04-09-2024, 09:24 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirShaffty
What you are looking for is the Freelance (like Hawks 2019, Point or Warriors), which you can select in the offensive settings gameplan
That was exactly what I was looking for! Just set up a basic 4 out 1 in and it's working perfectly, thanks again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »