Home

NBA 2K24: In-Season Tournament in MyNBA and How It Works

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24: In-Season Tournament in MyNBA and How It Works within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-26-2023, 07:24 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MyNBA: added the new in-season tournament

Pardon my ignorance, but I can't seem to find how to enable or disable this. Where do you find it exactly?

Also, I do shortened seasons. Is it compatible with those?

Edit: Never mind, I found it. Apparently having "customize league" checked takes it away.

Last edited by KPH2293; 10-26-2023 at 07:41 PM.
Old 10-27-2023, 05:31 AM   #18
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
You have to think of it in terms of European Soccer. It's a side competition. In soccer clubs compete in their designated league but they also compete in the League Cup, the FA Cup, some in the UEFFA Champions League. There's pride in winning multiple trophies in the same season. The only difference here is that in soccer Cup matches are totally separate from League Matches.
I doubt it’ll ever be a point of pride in the NBA. They need to give real incentives. Two possibilities:
  • Exemption from the play-in. If you win the tournament, then ending the season as a 7th or 8th seed carries no risk of missing the playoffs; you’re simply in as that seed. Sure this potentially hurts play-in revenue, but it’ll make teams take the tournament so seriously that it’ll be worth it.
  • Extra national TV games. The NBA would negotiate a certain number of ‘mystery’ national TV slots that will go to the winning team. This may make younger teams, particularly in small markets, take it seriously as a way to grow their profile as a team and as individuals.

The first option would be best, but they need real incentives one way or another.
Old 10-27-2023, 06:21 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPH2293
Pardon my ignorance, but I can't seem to find how to enable or disable this. Where do you find it exactly?

Also, I do shortened seasons. Is it compatible with those?

Edit: Never mind, I found it. Apparently having "customize league" checked takes it away.

that makes a lot of sense... though i am curious, does expanding the league eliminate the tournament? i try to start with more teams when i do a fantasy draft league, but the League Cup seems more interesting than moving/expanding the league
Old 10-27-2023, 10:24 AM   #20
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

This whole in season tournament is such a waste. In a league where every team is worried about injuries during an 82 game season, let’s just make it even longer and put more stress on these guys bodies.

For what? A meaningless cup, pride? Who cares?
Old 10-27-2023, 10:40 AM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
This whole in season tournament is such a waste. In a league where every team is worried about injuries during an 82 game season, let’s just make it even longer and put more stress on these guys bodies.

That’s a huge point. Players now are historically injured and unavailable as is. The recent years playoffs should barely count as you have teams like the clippers with their two best stars out. It’s crazy. Adding more games to the season when they just added more being play in games? And play in games don’t even count towards stats or records. It’s regressive.

It you want players to take the regular season more seriously then give severe penalties for taking time off or phoning it in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2023, 11:02 AM   #22
Pro

Daddy123's Arena

OVR: 3

Cool addition, hopefully they can add a proper celebration next year
Old 10-27-2023, 11:04 AM   #23
Rookie

There are people posting in this thread who STILL have no clue how the in-season tournament will work lmaooooo.
Old 10-27-2023, 01:20 PM   #24
Rookie

ShamWowNY's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6

The In-Season Tournament doesn't add any games to the schedule, except one for the two teams in the championship game. All games count towards regular season standings (again, exempting the championship game).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »