Home

MyNBA 82 Game Season

This is a discussion on MyNBA 82 Game Season within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-19-2023, 06:03 PM   #9
Rookie

Hustler79's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MyNBA 82 Game Season

Just play your 29 game season instead of 82 and simming the majority it will mess up stats and may injure yoir best player(s). No logic in simming 80 % of your games. Or make the minutes less and play 56 game seasons
Old 09-19-2023, 06:09 PM   #10
Rookie

I usually play 82 Games and 10-12 minutes Quarters for realistic Stats etc.
when I was younger I used to play way more games but now I just try to play most home games, and some away games. I don‘t like to sim Games at all because I want to see my progress and my players progress. At the end of the season I play around 35-40 games I think. Depends.
Old 09-19-2023, 06:14 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler79
Just play your 29 game season instead of 82 and simming the majority it will mess up stats and may injure yoir best player(s). No logic in simming 80 % of your games. Or make the minutes less and play 56 game seasons
Well the problem with 29 game seasons is injuries don’t affect you at all because there’s so much time in between games for your players to heal. I’d rather deal with the adversity that comes with injuries and have to fight through it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2023, 06:45 PM   #12
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Play all 82 games. 12 minute quarters.

I’m just built like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-19-2023, 06:51 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've always kind of struggled with this as well. I wanted the effects if injuries, I wanted stats to be mine, I wanted to get through a season, etc. I was always a "try to get realistic stats" guy and played 82 games, 10-12 minutes quarters depending on version (rarely even getting close to finishing a season).

I ended up trying different stuff last year. One ERA I tried 5 minute quarter, 82 game season. One ERA 12 minute quarters, 29 game season. I ended up playing more of the 5 minute games.

So, I think I have settled in on 5 minute quarters and 29 game seasons. Is it like real life? Nope. But I'm finding it more fun. I miss having the stats of a full game and I miss the impact of free throws. But the tradeoff is actually having the results mine (both wins and losses and all the stats). Games are more exciting in general. You can still compare to the sim stats as 2K scales them down to match your 5 min quarters. The "per 36 minute" stat is still applicable for comparing my seasons to historic seasons. Players will heal from injuries but there is also the aspect that the impact can still be felt because they are missing 2 of 29 games as opposed to 5 of 82 for example. You can get through a regular season in about 10 hours of real gaming time.

I understand not for everyone but it has been what I've found to be enjoyable. I have multiple ERA franchises I rotate through to keep it fresh. I just treat it as my own NBA world rather than having to match real life. I compare the stats and records against my own franchises to see how they compare instead if trying to emulate NBA exactly.

Last edited by TheBrew101; 09-19-2023 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-19-2023, 07:47 PM   #14
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Play all 82 games. 12 minute quarters.

I’m just built like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Ditto. I play roughly 11 games a week and can punch through a season in under 8 weeks.
#44Syracuse
Old 09-19-2023, 08:26 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

If I don't aim to play every game, what I'll typically do is play the first however many games it takes to get the game playing how I want with sliders and/or until I have a decent idea of what my rotations are.

Then I sim until either the all star game or the beginning of March and play out the remainder of the season. By then the playoff chase is on so it gives me the feeling that every game matters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2023, 08:27 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew101
I've always kind of struggled with this as well. I wanted the effects if injuries, I wanted stats to be mine, I wanted to get through a season, etc. I was always a "try to get realistic stats" guy and played 82 games, 10-12 minutes quarters depending on version (rarely even getting close to finishing a season).

I ended up trying different stuff last year. One ERA I tried 5 minute quarter, 82 game season. One ERA 12 minute quarters, 29 game season. I ended up playing more of the 5 minute games.

So, I think I have settled in on 5 minute quarters and 29 game seasons. Is it like real life? Nope. But I'm finding it more fun. I miss having the stats of a full game and I miss the impact of free throws. But the tradeoff is actually having the results mine (both wins and losses and all the stats). Games are more exciting in general. You can still compare to the sim stats as 2K scales them down to match your 5 min quarters. The "per 36 minute" stat is still applicable for comparing my seasons to historic seasons. Players will heal from injuries but there is also the aspect that the impact can still be felt because they are missing 2 of 29 games as opposed to 5 of 82 for example. You can get through a regular season in about 10 hours of real gaming time.

I understand not for everyone but it has been what I've found to be enjoyable. I have multiple ERA franchises I rotate through to keep it fresh. I just treat it as my own NBA world rather than having to match real life. I compare the stats and records against my own franchises to see how they compare instead if trying to emulate NBA exactly.
Do you adjust the playoffs when you do 29game seasons or leave them as best of 7?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »