Home

Automatic Aging Transformation

This is a discussion on Automatic Aging Transformation within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-08-2023, 07:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Automatic Aging Transformation

"As you progress through the 2010s and into the Modern Era, you’ll notice select players undergo an automatic aging transformation. This new feature in NBA 2K24 New Gen is present in all of the Historic Eras; watch Kobe evolve from young ‘Frobe’ in the early 2000s to the smooth-headed, cerebral Black Mamba in his later years. You’ll also observe new reactions from pundits, journalists, and fans based on the Era you’re playing in."

This was a quote from the 2K preview. I loaded up the game last night, excited to see a Steph Curry without the full beard or a LeBron with the goatee while in LeBron Era and there was no update. Both of the biggest stars of the generation looked 10 years older.

Also, in the LeBron Era, the scoreboard is horrendous (and the nailed the scoreboard for modern play) and there aren't any colour outs in the playoffs (this era was the one where colour outs became more popular).

Not sure if this is an update that will come soon or what, but I was pretty disappointed by that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2023, 09:23 AM   #2
Rookie

rockman2k2's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Automatic Aging Transformation

Yeah I was shocked when I loaded into 2002 Era and “Frobe” was not even present. Some players, like Shaq, now has a younger version in the draft class, but for some reason they don’t reflect that when you start in an era where they were already drafted.

I’m hoping it gets patched, but I was hyped for this feature as it definitely adds to the realism. I decided to start in the Bird and Magic eta and will be simulating to see the results.
Old 09-08-2023, 09:34 AM   #3
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockman2k2
Yeah I was shocked when I loaded into 2002 Era and “Frobe” was not even present. Some players, like Shaq, now has a younger version in the draft class, but for some reason they don’t reflect that when you start in an era where they were already drafted.

I’m hoping it gets patched, but I was hyped for this feature as it definitely adds to the realism. I decided to start in the Bird and Magic eta and will be simulating to see the results.

You can always import the Shaq you want into any franchise. You can also import just his appearance and keep his attributes.
Old 09-08-2023, 10:15 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy10
"As you progress through the 2010s and into the Modern Era, you’ll notice select players undergo an automatic aging transformation. This new feature in NBA 2K24 New Gen is present in all of the Historic Eras; watch Kobe evolve from young ‘Frobe’ in the early 2000s to the smooth-headed, cerebral Black Mamba in his later years. You’ll also observe new reactions from pundits, journalists, and fans based on the Era you’re playing in."

This was a quote from the 2K preview. I loaded up the game last night, excited to see a Steph Curry without the full beard or a LeBron with the goatee while in LeBron Era and there was no update. Both of the biggest stars of the generation looked 10 years older.

Also, in the LeBron Era, the scoreboard is horrendous (and the nailed the scoreboard for modern play) and there aren't any colour outs in the playoffs (this era was the one where colour outs became more popular).

Not sure if this is an update that will come soon or what, but I was pretty disappointed by that.

The scoreboard is from the 2k9-2k10 era just like the Kobe Era has the 2k3/2k4 vibes from when they had the ESPN license.
Old 09-08-2023, 10:51 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 0

Pretty sure they were going for the NBA 2K14 scoreboard to a T with the LeBron Era one

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2023, 10:52 AM   #6
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

I really like that scoreboard. I wish it were a bit bigger but I like the design
Old 09-08-2023, 11:42 AM   #7
Rookie

Understood about trying to replicate NBA 2k14 or whatever, but personally, I would rather them just try and replicate ESPN or TNT style of scoreboards from that era.

Hopefully the aging thing/colour outs is something that gets patched in. Not holding my breath.
Old 09-08-2023, 12:35 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy10

We absolutely need a Steph model from 2015-16. Actually Two would be great. One with the mini fro (first MVP season) and one with the Boosie fade (73 win season)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »