Home

NBA 2K24 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES X, PLAYSTATION 5)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES X, PLAYSTATION 5) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-08-2023, 02:37 AM   #89
MVP

bateman11's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K24 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES X, PLAYSTATION 5)

Started a myleague with the lakers. Player lock on my cap PG like every year. Sim gameplay with a clean screen! I’m going to be testing out a lot of different things

Game 1 vs Denver in action now. Come watch if you want.

https://twitch.tv/gbate2224

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-08-2023, 02:48 AM   #90
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
First impressions: Gameplay is UNBELIEVABLY good. The look and feel of movement is almost perfect at default, which has never happened in 2K history IMO. Defense finally feels like your player has weight instead of floating/sliding everywhere. CPU offense seems pretty dangerous at default Superstar as well.

Auto-substitution AI has VASTLY improved. Haven't had any hockey-subs where the entire starting lineup is subbed out at the same time. Playing as Phoenix I had Beal subbed off around the 5 minute mark, then with a minute left KD was subbed out and Beal came back in. Prioritizing keeping 2 of their big 3 on the court at the same time is a complete gamechanger (which should have been fixed a decade ago, but at least we have it now)! The CPU controlled Warriors also subbed out Curry while leaving Thompson out there, then subbed Curry back in when Thompson came off. Love to finally see this.

Graphics are borderline awful, it's almost as if the arena floors are immune to lighting as they just look like a static rectangle with no regard for reflections (though I've only tried the Lebron Era Miami court, and the Modern Era Phoenix court, so maybe others are better).

Gameplay is a 9, borderline 10/10 (I would love to give it a flat 10 here, but I can't do that with only an hour of play time). Graphics are a 6/10 at best, though.

There are probably 3 MyEras players who have ever actually watched an episode of 2KTV lol I wouldn't read too far into it.

totally agree with the subs, first time like ever even if you play lower minutes say 6 to 8, cpu sub the guys normally instead of doing hockey style 5 in 5 out

but sorry to repeat again, like cpu does'nt recognize mismatches and no double team was seen?!?!?!?
Old 09-08-2023, 02:52 AM   #91
Pro

OVR: 2

I played one game in modern era and holy **** I gave up 61 to SGA AND THATS WAS ON SUPERSTAR. Lol he wouldn’t miss even when I played tough D. And if he did he’d get the Offensive rebound and put it back in lol. I lost by 21. AI went to the paint a little too much. Barely any mid range Js. And only took 24 threes. Nothing sliders can’t fix but wish I didn’t have too. And I may not have too it was only one game I’ll give it a little longer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2023, 02:54 AM   #92
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisman
Just did a quick look over at rosters and watched the first episode of 2KTV because I’m tired and have work early tomorrow. But at the end of the episode they asked what mode are you most looking forward to play in 24 and only 3.7% said MyEras it was in last place.

We are lucky that the devs care about franchise smh.
MyCareer players are the only ones who watch that for VC I think they get.
Old 09-08-2023, 02:59 AM   #93
MVP

bateman11's Arena

OVR: 14

Anyone else feel like the cpu is everywhere defensively? I’m playing on superstar and can’t seem to find an open look via the pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-08-2023, 03:30 AM   #94
Just started!

OVR: 0

Fair warning, if you want to play MyNBA as an expansion team, the game will constantly bombard you with “you just set a new franchise record!!” Every three seconds. Like literally every bucket. It’s awful and a glaring QA oversight. Can’t recommend playing as an expansion team until it’s patched.
Old 09-08-2023, 03:49 AM   #95
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
First impressions: Gameplay is UNBELIEVABLY good. The look and feel of movement is almost perfect at default, which has never happened in 2K history IMO. Defense finally feels like your player has weight instead of floating/sliding everywhere. CPU offense seems pretty dangerous at default Superstar as well.

Auto-substitution AI has VASTLY improved. Haven't had any hockey-subs where the entire starting lineup is subbed out at the same time. Playing as Phoenix I had Beal subbed off around the 5 minute mark, then with a minute left KD was subbed out and Beal came back in. Prioritizing keeping 2 of their big 3 on the court at the same time is a complete gamechanger (which should have been fixed a decade ago, but at least we have it now)! The CPU controlled Warriors also subbed out Curry while leaving Thompson out there, then subbed Curry back in when Thompson came off. Love to finally see this.

Graphics are borderline awful, it's almost as if the arena floors are immune to lighting as they just look like a static rectangle with no regard for reflections (though I've only tried the Lebron Era Miami court, and the Modern Era Phoenix court, so maybe others are better).

Gameplay is a 9, borderline 10/10 (I would love to give it a flat 10 here, but I can't do that with only an hour of play time). Graphics are a 6/10 at best, though.

There are probably 3 MyEras players who have ever actually watched an episode of 2KTV lol I wouldn't read too far into it.
About the substitutions : so that means they don’t get substituted at the end of the second quarter ? Or atleast not all Stars.
Sounds weird, but that would be such a Gamechanger for me lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2023, 04:10 AM   #96
Rookie

I refused to preorder, but definitely bought day one.

Overall I’m very happy with the refinement of everything introduced these last couple of years.

I created a player and was very happy to see that I can change body types under the appearance>chest>body type options. Was hoping for updated accessories like a visible tank top, but I’ll live.

I stared a modern era franchise w/ player lock, and really enjoyed the gameplay. Haven’t had much time to play with sliders but the players feel a lot more alive. They attack more, mostly in reasonable ways that compliment their skill (Giannis decided he was Steph Curry for some reason).

I loved the new substitution system. It’s the most realistic I’ve seen so far.

The instant replay/photo moments are one of my new favorite additions. I’d been secretly wishing for something like this for years!

Smart plays and the new freestyle system have me smiling too

The only negative I’ve encountered was edited shoes, that were recently added to the game (KD 16, trae young 3, etc.), don’t appear and aren’t equipable. It will probably be fixed eventually.

I haven’t really gotten into the real meat of myleague but I’ll probably continue to enjoy it longer than I did 2k23. Can’t wait until the real NBA season starts.

Last edited by Docthreat; 09-08-2023 at 05:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »