Home

MyNBA Injury Duration

This is a discussion on MyNBA Injury Duration within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-25-2024, 09:47 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MyNBA Injury Duration

Quote:
Originally Posted by casus.1988
Here from the future to let ya'll know 2k gives 0 f*cks. April 22nd 2024 and this still exist! While they at least fixed the suspension injury time not recovering super fast the rest of the injuries reasons still recover in 2-3 times the normal rate. My guess is its a coding issue and not the new staff positions.
Yeah, they don't give a **** and are too lazy to fix it lol. I submitted a ticket on their Discord as well as on their support site, and they sent me some generic *** message saying to "restart my cache" and closed the ticket after like a day. I don't play the game every day, why tf am I given such a small window to review if the solution fixed my issue?

The Mods on their discord channel just deleted my ticket outright, they didn't even bother to attempt to fix the issue LMAO. Maybe I'll submit another ticket today because I have time, but I've lost faith on them fixing it tbh. It's annoying af though.
Old 05-02-2024, 02:24 AM   #18
Rookie

Faikanese's Arena

OVR: 2

There's an "injury duration "slider that's only accessible when you create a new MyNBA Era.

You can't see it after the ERA has been created. Only in the beginning under the Injuries tab.
Old 05-02-2024, 09:30 AM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faikanese
There's an "injury duration "slider that's only accessible when you create a new MyNBA Era.

You can't see it after the ERA has been created. Only in the beginning under the Injuries tab.
It's set to 50 as a default. Does this mean that the default setting for injuries is they heal twice as fast? I'm assuming setting it to 100 means that every injury lasts the full duration no matter what. Maybe somewhere around 75 would be the sweet spot?
Old 05-03-2024, 09:32 AM   #20
Pro

So I did a little bit of testing - doesn't seem to be too much difference between setting it at 50 or 100. I only tested with suspensions, but they never go the full allocated days and players were "recovering" from suspensions at mostly the same rate regardless of slider value.

As an example, I gave Maxey a 60 day suspension with the injury duration slider set to 50, and after 30 days he had 15 days left on the suspension. With the slider at 100, he had 16 days left at the same point.
Old 05-03-2024, 03:38 PM   #21
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I always assumed that this slider was for how long the injuries were supposed to be initially when they occurred not how quick the recovery time was.

It's another one of these things where we have no idea what the slider does.

I remember back in the day getting Civ3 I think for PC and the manual was like 100 pages.

If they had manuals today like they did back then it would probably explain exactly what every slider did and how adjusting it would affect outcomes. You can't find this info anywhere and it's all a guess. Even the online manual on the 2k site is just a pdf of the generic ones that come with the physical copies of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2024, 12:09 PM   #22
Rookie

Faikanese's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdez
It's set to 50 as a default. Does this mean that the default setting for injuries is they heal twice as fast? I'm assuming setting it to 100 means that every injury lasts the full duration no matter what. Maybe somewhere around 75 would be the sweet spot?
I thought 50 if the duration slider was working correctly would be if a player gets injured for the average length for that injury and going above that number or lower.

The slider would increase the length or reduce it?

Thats if it's working as intended, but I doubt that.
Old 05-07-2024, 11:03 AM   #23
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdez
So I did a little bit of testing - doesn't seem to be too much difference between setting it at 50 or 100. I only tested with suspensions, but they never go the full allocated days and players were "recovering" from suspensions at mostly the same rate regardless of slider value.

As an example, I gave Maxey a 60 day suspension with the injury duration slider set to 50, and after 30 days he had 15 days left on the suspension. With the slider at 100, he had 16 days left at the same point.
They broke it by adding in other variables to injury recovery and not properly balancing.
You have to also take into account the badges of the training staff, the ratings of the training staff, and which roles are hired on the staff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »