Home

NBA 2K23: MyNBA Eras?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23: MyNBA Eras? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2022, 11:13 AM   #9
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K23: MyNBA Eras?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
This is exactly what im talking about
They keep putting new engine in but still not fixing flat tires like
Player DNA Bug

Dont get me wrong its a dope feature but i wish the the 2k MYNBA devs was more transparent and stop dropping the mic on us after every blog and fix the core issues in MYNBA first then you can drop the 🎤

Someone made a great point in another thread (not sure if it was you, Daveberg, or another community member) but 2K just needs to fix these things once and then they really shouldn't have to worry about them again, especially in regards to classic teams and players. Even with modern teams and players, if they get the tendencies and player DNAs close to accurate they only need to tweak them here and there going forward. It's not like they'll need to revamp every player and team each year.

It's almost like it's an afterthought because they know that the people that really care will just do the work themselves. Assuming this is the case again this year I'm going to have to keep an eye out for the community creators that put in their time and effort to make sure teams and players play as accurately and realistic as possible. I'm usually ok with just playing with the default tendencies, playbooks, slider, etc, but in order to keep the game alive and fresh I'll have to look into the content that some of the community members put out
Old 08-17-2022, 11:33 AM   #10
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Someone made a great point in another thread (not sure if it was you, Daveberg, or another community member) but 2K just needs to fix these things once and then they really shouldn't have to worry about them again, especially in regards to classic teams and players. Even with modern teams and players, if they get the tendencies and player DNAs close to accurate they only need to tweak them here and there going forward. It's not like they'll need to revamp every player and team each year.

It's almost like it's an afterthought because they know that the people that really care will just do the work themselves. Assuming this is the case again this year I'm going to have to keep an eye out for the community creators that put in their time and effort to make sure teams and players play as accurately and realistic as possible. I'm usually ok with just playing with the default tendencies, playbooks, slider, etc, but in order to keep the game alive and fresh I'll have to look into the content that some of the community members put out
That was me ;-)

It makes total sense to me seeings as the legends/classic teams are no longer playing. The devs only have to get their sigs, accessories, shoes, tendencies, badges & paybooks right just one time, then they can forever more carry that over to the next games, as all these teams are no longer in action, nothing will need to be changed again.

Seems like a no brainer really. I'm sure there's plenty of us here who'd even offer to do it for 2k.
Old 08-17-2022, 11:38 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 33

Wait, might be not understanding, but do we must buy the legendary edition to get the Jordan mode and the Eras mode ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2022, 12:04 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

With this and the Jordan Challenge, 2K officially has my attention. Very intrigued by MyNBA Eras and I wish to hear more.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:21 PM   #13
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA 2K23: MyNBA Eras?

So confusing when these articles drop before the official blog, lol

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 08-17-2022 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:27 PM   #14
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

2k really needs some help on...I guess you'd call it info release management.

In spite of that, this sounds pretty exciting.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:54 PM   #15
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
So confusing even these articles drop before the official blog, lol
I’d still like to see a real gameplay video more than a day before release as well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2022, 01:24 PM   #16
Pro

Bolt957's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Wait, might be not understanding, but do we must buy the legendary edition to get the Jordan mode and the Eras mode ?
No, you do not have to buy the Jordan Edition or Championship Edition of 2K to have these features. You can simply buy the base version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »