Home

Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

This is a discussion on Tendency edits that are game changers for realism? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-16-2018, 09:46 PM   #553
MVP

JBCAROLINAKID's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

Ok thanks. I've got that doc downloaded so cool. I didn't know if your numbers differed any from theirs

Sent from my SM-T350 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-16-2018, 11:01 PM   #554
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Here is a base from sim world for help defense sliders...
Do you know what this is based on? Is it team Defensive Rating (points allowed per 100 possessions)?
Old 04-17-2018, 03:06 PM   #555
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCAROLINAKID
Ok thanks. I've got that doc downloaded so cool. I didn't know if your numbers differed any from theirs

Sent from my SM-T350 using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Do you know what this is based on? Is it team Defensive Rating (points allowed per 100 possessions)?
I have no idea what they went off of? That’s why I posted as a base to go off and better than 50 for people. Mine are different but I use it and adjust team by team, game by game, series by series matchups.

You can look at it a few ways. The over helping will cause problems for the drive but drive and kicks could hurt you. If you have a rim protector like A. Davis or R. Gobert then do you need as much help? If your playing a team like warriors who you need to watch the perimeter more so then you don’t want a high help number. Depends also how your playing the pnr... Then could go off of coach and the teams principles. So, as far as simming go’s maybe a good base to use but no clue what they go off of to get the number although I’m sure it’s off something? Lol

Edit: remember also that the help defense slider is HOW OFTEN players will help...

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 04-17-2018 at 03:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2018, 01:47 PM   #556
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

For any interested in it I believe I have final update up. After watching every playoff game and watching rotations, etc I made some changes. I even updated rotations with no more players who were out for season or most of it like cousins, Hayward, etc... added players, eliminated 2 ways to get guys in playoff roster, and more tendency edits to get more accurate...

1 thing I finally got around to the last few days was system proficiency, freelance, and play call slider... I had sim worlds system proficiency as my base from when I started. The freelance is locked in unfortunately but I didn’t realize the impact the system proficiency and ratings in different areas had on teams style of play. I looked at 2ks base roster as of today to see where they had it just to see what has changed. I made changes accordingly. Does anyone here know if (I’m assuming yes) if cpu changes this throughout the game? For example if they need a stop they change from perimeter system proficiency to defense through ace in a game? Locking that in really helped bring out the team identities. There were a few teams that were off in play styles.

Also, after diving into the freelance as well I decided to lower some coach play call sliders to allow a bit more freelance with a few teams with certain freelances that are not specific to a team but translate to that teams style.

I’m curious on anyone else’s thoughts here? Like I said I hadn’t even messed with any of that and went off 2k base and sim worlds research til now as I was locked into playbooks and tendencies. That being said I also made quite a few play type changes in reordering or even eliminating some to get more realistic actions. Made some adjustments to Wayne Ellington, bellinelli, and CJ miles as well putting touches higher to allow them to be more instant offenses and higher play calls when they come in the game...

Again, I think I’m finally done. Keep trying to get perfect but there is no such thing. I think I have it as close as I can get it for this year.. only thing I might do eventually is do all the tendencies to match roster with a draft class as after all this work I might just ride this game out and pass on 2k19?
Old 04-19-2018, 01:58 PM   #557
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10

Can you post this stuff for us PS4 guys to use

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2018, 01:20 PM   #558
Fire GarPax!

Permatron's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
For any interested in it I believe I have final update up. After watching every playoff game and watching rotations, etc I made some changes. I even updated rotations with no more players who were out for season or most of it like cousins, Hayward, etc... added players, eliminated 2 ways to get guys in playoff roster, and more tendency edits to get more accurate...

1 thing I finally got around to the last few days was system proficiency, freelance, and play call slider... I had sim worlds system proficiency as my base from when I started. The freelance is locked in unfortunately but I didn’t realize the impact the system proficiency and ratings in different areas had on teams style of play. I looked at 2ks base roster as of today to see where they had it just to see what has changed. I made changes accordingly. Does anyone here know if (I’m assuming yes) if cpu changes this throughout the game? For example if they need a stop they change from perimeter system proficiency to defense through ace in a game? Locking that in really helped bring out the team identities. There were a few teams that were off in play styles.

Also, after diving into the freelance as well I decided to lower some coach play call sliders to allow a bit more freelance with a few teams with certain freelances that are not specific to a team but translate to that teams style.

I’m curious on anyone else’s thoughts here? Like I said I hadn’t even messed with any of that and went off 2k base and sim worlds research til now as I was locked into playbooks and tendencies. That being said I also made quite a few play type changes in reordering or even eliminating some to get more realistic actions. Made some adjustments to Wayne Ellington, bellinelli, and CJ miles as well putting touches higher to allow them to be more instant offenses and higher play calls when they come in the game...

Again, I think I’m finally done. Keep trying to get perfect but there is no such thing. I think I have it as close as I can get it for this year.. only thing I might do eventually is do all the tendencies to match roster with a draft class as after all this work I might just ride this game out and pass on 2k19?
Great work on the roster Vann. I started porting your tendencies over from XB1 to PS4 this past week. Just entering playoff teams at this time. Very tedious job lol. Anyway, I had a few questions.

1) How deep did you go into changing ratings? I only put ratings in for 1 team so far (76ers) using a combination of Sonic's and Simworlds ratings as I didn't know if you messed with those too much.

2) Are your advanced rotations based off of just gameplay watched or do you use Synergy or Sonic's data for that? I did notice last night when entering data for the Raptors that your advanced rotation almost mirrored the base roster advanced rotation. Just wanted to check on that.

3) Not as important, but did you change all the players (I'm assuming playoff teams) accessories and shoes? Notice some color changes from what I saw on the base roster when editing it. Didn't know if it were just a change due to me using a more recent roster, or if you actually changed that yourself.

I appreciate you looking over my questions. Haven't had the opportunity to play a full game yet as I'm renting 2k18 for XB1 and don't want to waste time, but I ran a few minutes in Scrimmage using the 76ers bench against there starters (they are the only team I have fully complete) and noticed a huge difference right away. Excited to get the rest done. Just 6 more playoff teams to go regarding tendencies. Still have to do ratings, accessories, hotzones, etc for all except the Sixers. If anyone is interested in helping port this over to PS4, I can stream the remaining teams and we can work out a schedule to get this all over to PS4 finally.

Last edited by Permatron; 04-22-2018 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:06 PM   #559
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Permatron
Great work on the roster Vann. I started porting your tendencies over from XB1 to PS4 this past week. Just entering playoff teams at this time. Very tedious job lol. Anyway, I had a few questions.

1) How deep did you go into changing ratings? I only put ratings in for 1 team so far (76ers) using a combination of Sonic's and Simworlds ratings as I didn't know if you messed with those too much.

I used some of sonics info for things like draw fouls, etc. I redid all the passing ratings and really did a ton of tuning with free throws, 3 point shots, defensive iq, etc. I actually did a ton in there as well but nothing like the tendencies.

2) Are your advanced rotations based off of just gameplay watched or do you use Synergy or Sonic's data for that? I did notice last night when entering data for the Raptors that your advanced rotation almost mirrored the base roster advanced rotation. Just wanted to check on that.

I have no idea where 2k base is at? I did look at here and there and it still had all 5 guys coming out at same time? My advanced rotations are all off the playoffs rotations but thats tough as they change game to game. I do try and make sure there is flow though and not switching positions too much for 1 minute or guys coming in for anything less then at least 3 minutes at a time. Every team has been redone.

3) Not as important, but did you change all the players (I'm assuming playoff teams) accessories and shoes? Notice some color changes from what I saw on the base roster when editing it. Didn't know if it were just a change due to me using a more recent roster, or if you actually changed that yourself.

I have done a ton here but mostly just off of what I saw in accessories and roster threads. I can't remember what I used as a base but I believe it was the opening day roster? Or a week after...

I appreciate you looking over my questions. Haven't had the opportunity to play a full game yet as I'm renting 2k18 for XB1 and don't want to waste time, but I ran a few minutes in Scrimmage using the 76ers bench against there starters (they are the only team I have fully complete) and noticed a huge difference right away. Excited to get the rest done. Just 6 more playoff teams to go regarding tendencies. Still have to do ratings, accessories, hotzones, etc for all except the Sixers. If anyone is interested in helping port this over to PS4, I can stream the remaining teams and we can work out a schedule to get this all over to PS4 finally.

Heads up, answers above but I have also gone to town the last 2 days. More of Woody's sig shots added, updated all rotations, I also updated all the playbooks with playoff plays, and also redid every playoff team and reordered play types. Really locked in on the Jazz, Cavs, and Heat yesterday... I'm too OCD and all about teams and players playing just as they do IRL so if I see something off in game when testing and playing them I go back in... Good luck! I know it's tedious...
Old 04-29-2018, 02:20 AM   #560
MVP

OVR: 0

I'm still having trouble getting the AI to attack closeouts from the three-point line (when they get a kickout pass). What's everyone else seeing?

I have every player who can put the ball on the floor at 95+ for all three Drive tendencies, and 90+ Attack. I also lowered all the Triple Threat tendencies to 0. I even reset my sliders to make sure I didn't mess anything up without realizing it.

90% of the time, they just stand there and give up the ball eventually without even dribbling, or wait for an on-ball screen.

It makes it too easy because I don't pay for closing out hard to three-point line. Any suggestions?

Last edited by RyanFitzmagic; 04-29-2018 at 02:37 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »