Home

Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

This is a discussion on Tendency edits that are game changers for realism? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-17-2017, 12:04 PM   #233
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Tendency edits that are game changers for realism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
The only issue is I can't get enough fouls. We know that fouling jumpshooters is non existent, but Ive got user shooting foul frequency at 100 and dont see enough of the CPU drawing fouls.
I'm having this problem too, but not to the extent it looks like you have it (with Harden going to the line once). What are your Defense Shot Strength sliders at? Apparently those sliders somehow affect foul calls. And where's your Body Up Sensitivity and Driving Contact Frequency?

If I don't find a solid fix, I'm seriously willing to just inflate the entire league's Foul tendency and/or Draw Foul ratings. I just hope it doesn't mess up anything else.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:10 PM   #234
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
I'm having this problem too, but not to the extent it looks like you have it (with Harden going to the line once). What are your Defense Shot Strength sliders at? Apparently those sliders somehow affect foul calls. And where's your Body Up Sensitivity and Driving Contact Frequency?

If I don't find a solid fix, I'm seriously willing to just inflate the entire league's Foul tendency and/or Draw Foul ratings as well as shot contest and block ratings. I just hope it doesn't mess up anything else.
I am not having this problem, but I used Sonics draw fouls, fouls, & shot contest & block rating edits for the whole league & I also have high defensive strength sliders on both sides of the ball and see a great balance of fouls. Usually 15-20 for each team. I have jump shooters getting fouled 2-3x a game. I also have higher fouls cranked up though too. But those defensive strength sliders are huge as well as contact in paint and point of contest on lay ins and jump shots. It does also depends on play style and if you are attacking the rim or not too. But the problem is finding balance to make sure not too many fouls as the CPU doesn't sub out guys in foul trouble! SMH

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 11-17-2017 at 12:21 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:14 PM   #235
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
But the problem is finding balance to make sure not too many fouls as the CPU doesn't sub out guys in foul trouble! SMH
I think this only happens in Play Now games. I've heard lots of people say they see the CPU subbing out when players get in foul trouble, so I assume they must be playing MyLeague or something. I hope this is the case.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2017, 02:36 PM   #236
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Great job on all of these edits Vann. It is great for me as this year I am in a huge funk as far as editing goes this year. So using your Roster with a few tweaks of my own has been great for me to get ready to start my MyLeague. Thanks again for the hard work.

I understand the grind Especially when working Solo on a Project.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade

Last edited by vtcrb; 11-17-2017 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:11 PM   #237
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

Quote:
Even with play Initiator for a player like a Draymond Green they will only run plays within their play type or if a play is called for another player to run a PNR they would just pass to them and play starts from there even though it starts with Draymond. So we shouldn't see any PNR for players that do not use them. Also, doesn't this mean they will push ball up on the break which ultimately is what we want from these guys...
Maybe Blake Griffin too? I see him take the ball up sometimes and he tries to push it on fast breaks. The first thing I do when editing a roster is making Dray a PI, not sure why he hasn't been already?
Old 11-17-2017, 03:39 PM   #238
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Great job on all of these edits Vann. It is great for me as this year I am in a huge funk as far as editing goes this year. So using your Roster with a few tweaks of my own has been great for me to get ready to start my MyLeague. Thanks again for the hard work.

I understand the grind Especially when working Solo on a Project.
Thanks man! Glad it's working out for you and you probably need a break anyways! LOL! You guys might not see me til 2020 after this years editing and like you said doing solo is no joke considering everything thats been done so far... That being said I'm still making a ton of tweaks to new rotations, getting rosters right again (like the Knicks), and editing post, dribble, and drive to shoot ratios... Also have made a few play type and playbook changes as well as added all the new hot spot changes from Sonic last night... Might want to wait a week then make your tweaks? If you have any CAPS (maybe put in the file?) you want added or suggestions of things I'm missing or might have missed or haven't gotten too let me know... Just put out a new update a few minutes ago... Multiple teams rotations redone among other things...

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 11-17-2017 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:41 PM   #239
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
Maybe Blake Griffin too? I see him take the ball up sometimes and he tries to push it on fast breaks. The first thing I do when editing a roster is making Dray a PI, not sure why he hasn't been already?
I have seen him do this for me without PI as I believe he is assigned 1 man fast break... This way he doesn't initiate plays, but will run on the rebound and break...
Old 11-17-2017, 04:46 PM   #240
MVP

Quote:
I have seen him do this for me without PI as I believe he is assigned 1 man fast break... This way he doesn't initiate plays, but will run on the rebound and break...
I agree with this.

And just to clarify, when I mention bringing the ball up for a player IRL (as a good indicator of whether or not he deserves PI), I'm talking about after a made shot. Typically, a team will only let a player bring the ball up on an inbounds pass if he has or shares responsibility with running the offense.

Klay Thompson, for example, can get a rebound and push the break, but he never brings the ball up in a half-court set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »