Home

Hyperballer & DCAllAmerican NBA 2k15 Roster - Next GEN

This is a discussion on Hyperballer & DCAllAmerican NBA 2k15 Roster - Next GEN within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-14-2015, 09:29 AM   #697
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Hyperballer & DCAllAmerican NBA 2k15 Roster - Next GEN

just fyi, I'm also available for ps4 editing. hopefully ffaacc03 is too
Old 09-14-2015, 11:02 AM   #698
MVP

OVR: 10

More Comparisons

Steve Nash
'03 - 77, Offensive-minded Point (Outside Scoring, Playmaking, Athleticism)
'05 - 79, Crafty Playmaker (Playmaking, Outside Scoring)
'16 - 75, Crafty Playmaker (Playmaking, Outside Scoring)

For J_Posse
Tim Duncan
'05 - 86, All-around Star (Inside Scoring, Playmaking, Rebounding)
'07 - 86, All-around Star (Inside Scoring, Playmaking, Rebounding)
'16 - 86, Post Playmaker (Inside Scoring, Playmaking, Rebounding)

Tony Parker
05 - 72, Penetrating Point (Playmaking, Athleticism, Inside Scoring)
'07 - 80, Playmaker (Playmaking, Outside Scoring, Athleticism)
'16 - 80, Playmaker (Playmaking, Outside Scoring, Defense)

Manu Ginobili
'05 - 76, Aggressive Scorer (Outside Scoring, Playmaking, Inside Scoring)
'07 - 79, Crafty Playmaker (Playmaking, Outside Scoring, Defense)
'16 - 76, Skilled Shooter (Outside Scoring, Playmaking)

Based off the Spurs big 3 above, there is a chance you may see the '07 Spurs in our roster
Old 09-14-2015, 11:04 AM   #699
MVP

For those who want to input this year, MESSAGE me with you system and email address (ps4, xbox ONE, PC) so we can coordinate teams.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:11 PM   #700
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
More Comparisons

Steve Nash
'03 - 77, Offensive-minded Point (Outside Scoring, Playmaking, Athleticism)
'05 - 79, Crafty Playmaker (Playmaking, Outside Scoring)
'16 - 75, Crafty Playmaker (Playmaking, Outside Scoring)

For J_Posse
Tim Duncan
'05 - 86, All-around Star (Inside Scoring, Playmaking, Rebounding)
'07 - 86, All-around Star (Inside Scoring, Playmaking, Rebounding)
'16 - 86, Post Playmaker (Inside Scoring, Playmaking, Rebounding)

Tony Parker
05 - 72, Penetrating Point (Playmaking, Athleticism, Inside Scoring)
'07 - 80, Playmaker (Playmaking, Outside Scoring, Athleticism)
'16 - 80, Playmaker (Playmaking, Outside Scoring, Defense)

Manu Ginobili
'05 - 76, Aggressive Scorer (Outside Scoring, Playmaking, Inside Scoring)
'07 - 79, Crafty Playmaker (Playmaking, Outside Scoring, Defense)
'16 - 76, Skilled Shooter (Outside Scoring, Playmaking)

Based off the Spurs big 3 above, there is a chance you may see the '07 Spurs in our roster
My inherent bias aside, only a 86 overall for prime Duncan (?) (LOL), I love all of these overall ratings. Love that Timmy is constantly good/great throughout those various time periods. The only "criticism" i have is with Garnett, Nowitzki and James.

Garnett - his versatile defense has been his calling card throughout his career and I feel like that should be one of his descriptors. Unless it totally screws things up or you need to do artificial boosts (which we are all against) then is the only issue with him. I don't believe his offense has every been his biggest strength more than playmaking, defense and rebounding.

Nowitzki - He has been an all-time great player - easily first ballot HOFer - yet I don't believe his current self is better "overall" than his '03 season. He was more athletic, a better rebounder and (physically) a better defender. His defense currently is porous and teams often attempt to exploit him on that end. He's smarter (defensive IQ) but his body can't keep up on that end. And he's practically given up being a quality rebounder, IMO.

LeBron - He is definitely declining athletically and is exiting his prime in another year or two on that we can agree. Still I believe he is at least 90 overall when you look at everything he can do on a basketball court. His defense, athleticism and efficiency have slipped since the '13 season but he's also played a ton of basketball (fatigue) and played on a team (this past season) that didn't always compliment all of his strengths. What are the areas that have knocked him below a 90?

Side-note: I love Tony Parker, but defense shouldn't be anywhere near his descriptors in my opinion currently. His defense has literally fallen off of a cliff to the point where he is one of the worse defensive PGs in the NBA. He often helps too much, sags off his man too much, loses his man off - ball and is terrible defensively in the pick - and - roll. His crappy defense is one of the reasons the Spurs lost to Los Angeles in the first round, IMO. I love the guy and think he'll bounce back in other areas (scoring, playmaking and maybe rebounding) but his defensive skills are a lost cause.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 09-14-2015 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:23 PM   #701
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchilla
just fyi, I'm also available for ps4 editing. hopefully ffaacc03 is too
Hi my friend, I will try and do my best ... the thing is that this year I am even more complicated than last year ... I will contribute, but with rather less consistency (as it could be possible, lol, as I wasnt quite consistent last year).

Hope more people realize the greatness of this roster set. Also, looking forward to see how DC & Hype edits can improve the already seemingly GOAT: NBA 2K16 !

P.S:
Hype, our system is PS4, if you dont have my mail, please let me know to PM you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2015, 03:49 PM   #702
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
My inherent bias aside, only a 86 overall for prime Duncan (?) (LOL), I love all of these overall ratings. Love that Timmy is constantly good/great throughout those various time periods. The only "criticism" i have is with Garnett, Nowitzki and James.

Garnett - his versatile defense has been his calling card throughout his career and I feel like that should be one of his descriptors. Unless it totally screws things up or you need to do artificial boosts (which we are all against) then is the only issue with him. I don't believe his offense has every been his biggest strength more than playmaking, defense and rebounding.

Nowitzki - He has been an all-time great player - easily first ballot HOFer - yet I don't believe his current self is better "overall" than his '03 season. He was more athletic, a better rebounder and (physically) a better defender. His defense currently is porous and teams often attempt to exploit him on that end. He's smarter (defensive IQ) but his body can't keep up on that end. And he's practically given up being a quality rebounder, IMO.

LeBron - He is definitely declining athletically and is exiting his prime in another year or two on that we can agree. Still I believe he is at least 90 overall when you look at everything he can do on a basketball court. His defense, athleticism and efficiency have slipped since the '13 season but he's also played a ton of basketball (fatigue) and played on a team (this past season) that didn't always compliment all of his strengths. What are the areas that have knocked him below a 90?

Side-note: I love Tony Parker, but defense shouldn't be anywhere near his descriptors in my opinion currently. His defense has literally fallen off of a cliff to the point where he is one of the worse defensive PGs in the NBA. He often helps too much, sags off his man too much, loses his man off - ball and is terrible defensively in the pick - and - roll. His crappy defense is one of the reasons the Spurs lost to Los Angeles in the first round, IMO. I love the guy and think he'll bounce back in other areas (scoring, playmaking and maybe rebounding) but his defensive skills are a lost cause.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ
Duncan - I'd though he would end up higher as well. But then again, maybe his '02 and '03 season will be above 90 (his MVP seasons if I'm not mistaken).

Garnett - I agree with everything you said. I used the same criteria for his '04 season as the other seasons, plus added athletic points as well, and that's what he came out to. He did average 24 and 5 that season and shot over 50% from the field, so I could see why his offense was highlighted. I'll re-look at his defense.

Nowitzki - 2016 ratings are based off our last 2k15 roster update. With my NEW system, he'll probably will be a couple of points lower. With that, '03 Dirk was his pre-prime, with his absolute prime being '06 and '07, then slowly tailing off to his present state. Age and experience has an effect on IQ in our system, so where athletic ability may decrease, awareness will increase, hence why Duncan maintained is 86 rating.

LeBron - This was an odd situation. Yes, he should be at least 90 based off everything he does. But when using regular season stats, that's what put him lower. Then factoring in that he is not AS athletic as his younger self. What I'll end up doing is combining his playoff stats with the regular season.

Parker - No comment here. I'll make that change.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:30 PM   #703
MVP

So far for inputting we have;

Xbox - 5
PS4 - 3
PC - 1

If you helped out last year on the ps4 side, send me your emails. I only have the xBox teams from last season.

Last edited by Hyperballer21; 09-18-2015 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:31 PM   #704
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Who is editing for the WII U?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »