Home

NBA 2k24 Tendency Edits Discussion

This is a discussion on NBA 2k24 Tendency Edits Discussion within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-27-2024, 09:50 AM   #9
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2k24 Tendency Edits Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Seeing some superb drive and kick results now having lowered the 'Attack strong on drive' between 50/60 and increasing 'Dish to open man' to 70/80 plus for PG's and SG's.

Post game is looking on point. Tested a CPU vs CPU game with Boston vs Denver last night and McHale was killing it down low against Mt Mutombo with his bag of tricks. Up and under tendency set high, coupled with high backdown, drop step and hop step tendencies.

I think for the most part people underestimate how important playtypes and specific plays are, as I mentioned earlier. Along side tendency tweaks, these are game changers. I'd also stress that setting the teams scoring emphasis helps a great deal, too. (Neutral, attack the basket, get shooters open, feed the post etc etc)
This is interesting

For me, I set drive to 75 and attack strong to 75 for everyone. I then have a tiered system for dish to open man (25, 50, 75).

Dish is a tricky one to set really high for everyone because that tendency is important for sim stats. You can achieve more kickouts and ball movement by increasing the offensive awareness slider.

For plays, one thing I've been doing is setting every team to use the standard playbook. Since I'm doing the modern NBA, I did that but then added in some more handoff plays since there aren't many. I feel like this is a smarter move long-term because most teams nowadays run similair sets, and in 2k, certain playbooks are hardcoded to feature specific positions, which will cause issues when say a star gets moved or hurt.

I had an amazing game last night, Orlando vs Boston. I've never seen better shot distribution. No player had more than 20 FGAs; I think Tatum had 18, Banchero had 18, Wagner might have had 20. 114-101 was the final or something like that for Boston.

This is the beginning of that game:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2074974989

Boston started off cold, but came back in the second, game was close and they closed it out in the 4th. It's cool to see how the game can evolve and coaches shift gameplans with ACE. In that clip, you'll see Boston featured White early on. But later in the game, Tatum was getting to his spots and doing his thing.

Old 02-27-2024, 10:41 AM   #10
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
This is interesting

For me, I set drive to 75 and attack strong to 75 for everyone. I then have a tiered system for dish to open man (25, 50, 75).

Dish is a tricky one to set really high for everyone because that tendency is important for sim stats. You can achieve more kickouts and ball movement by increasing the offensive awareness slider.

For plays, one thing I've been doing is setting every team to use the standard playbook. Since I'm doing the modern NBA, I did that but then added in some more handoff plays since there aren't many. I feel like this is a smarter move long-term because most teams nowadays run similair sets, and in 2k, certain playbooks are hardcoded to feature specific positions, which will cause issues when say a star gets moved or hurt.

I had an amazing game last night, Orlando vs Boston. I've never seen better shot distribution. No player had more than 20 FGAs; I think Tatum had 18, Banchero had 18, Wagner might have had 20. 114-101 was the final or something like that for Boston.

This is the beginning of that game:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2074974989

Boston started off cold, but came back in the second, game was close and they closed it out in the 4th. It's cool to see how the game can evolve and coaches shift gameplans with ACE. In that clip, you'll see Boston featured White early on. But later in the game, Tatum was getting to his spots and doing his thing.
Not overly sure about Sim stats as I don't dive too heavily in those, I mainly edit my rosters in a thorough fashion so the games I play will at least partially see the CPU playing the way their real life counter parts would. (I normally control about 60% of the teams and grind out full games through the seasons)

During games against the CPU, for me, unless I have their dish tendency quite high, the CPU barely makes any passes outside of the PG's. Players like Pippen for example are only getting about 1/2 assists a game unless I crank the numbers up.

I'll take a look at the Off. awareness slider and see where it's sitting. Thanks for the idea.

Threads like these always offer new insights and new avenues to try, so I always welcome them!
Old 02-27-2024, 11:17 AM   #11
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Not overly sure about Sim stats as I don't dive too heavily in those, I mainly edit my rosters in a thorough fashion so the games I play will at least partially see the CPU playing the way their real life counter parts would. (I normally control about 60% of the teams and grind out full games through the seasons)

During games against the CPU, for me, unless I have their dish tendency quite high, the CPU barely makes any passes outside of the PG's. Players like Pippen for example are only getting about 1/2 assists a game unless I crank the numbers up.

I'll take a look at the Off. awareness slider and see where it's sitting. Thanks for the idea.

Threads like these always offer new insights and new avenues to try, so I always welcome them!
Pippen only 1 or 2 assists a game? Wow.

Ya, check that slider and check your pass speed slider too.

Tatum almost had a triple double in that Celtics-Magic game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2024, 06:28 AM   #12
Pro

timsmooth503pa's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Agreed!

I'm not sure if this has been your experiece Dave, but one of the tendencies that has always kind of caused me to rethink my approach is touches.

But backing up, the shot tendency too. For years, the formula I used was based on FGAs per minute. I've used usage percentage too. But the results I got just weren't cutting it when it comes to scoring distribution.

I've recently shifted to a formula using points per 36 minutes and the results have been much more in line with what I want.

So, getting back to touches. I've seen people again mention using usage percentage. I've seen people say make it 50 for everyone. Most recently, I tried the latter because in past 2ks, the stars would end up being too much of a focal point. This year, I feel like setting it at 50 made things too even.

So, over the weekend, I tried just setting touches and shot tedency to the same values. And I'm really liking the results!
My roster has been using that formula since i was able to edit rosters. Its the only way to even out the stats and make real attributes. But for some categories i use per/100 possesions
Old 03-01-2024, 09:54 AM   #13
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsmooth503pa
My roster has been using that formula since i was able to edit rosters. Its the only way to even out the stats and make real attributes. But for some categories i use per/100 possesions
Which ones do you use per 100 possessions, and why?

Old 03-01-2024, 12:26 PM   #14
Pro

timsmooth503pa's Arena

I made my ratings formula when i was a kid because i wanted to see what 2k looks like with real data into the game for more realism new younger generation calls it sim but when figuring out how the AI works i wanted to input official NBA data in the game and when some of my formulas where close to an actual 2k ratings i knew i could perfect it and that's what I've been doing over last years but because of my ratings scale some users cant play multiple seasons with my rosters because of the next year salary cap but my roster gameplay represents to NBA in a virtual world to a "T" which in my opinion represents the game better than official roster and any roster in the community I actually played with other RE rosters but i feel like me using Real NBA data along with my personal shot edits that so many people use and don't give me credit for you can see its 2k perfected. And all the attributes are self explanatory link the stats to real nba data and you can figure out how 2k rates their players. I cant really give you the game because i know my product is getting slept on because its more like a hobby because my followers know when 2k updates the rosters update "The NBA Today" will have a roster update as well. Check out the roster and let me know what you think or go to view rosters and check my official ratings you'll see my ratings look more realistic. I overhauled all the players tendencies and i mean everyone official tendency that matches a NBA stats is updated down to the shot location of every player. I don't give any player a bias rating every rating i use the official stats from the players stats on NBA.com and match them to the tendency. I've updated every players hot zones for this based on their shooting from this up all star break.Updated gear for every player shootings forms. I have actually remade 2k more in depth than it has ever been. Its so good you can watch an AI v AI game and it'll look realistic and flow just like the actual game.I ask everyone to try it on play now and if you want to use it in your my NBA season and look how accurate my stats are compared to their real life counterpart is crazy!!!

PSN timsmooth503pa

NBA Today
Old 03-01-2024, 12:30 PM   #15
Pro

timsmooth503pa's Arena

Quote:
Which ones do you use per 100 possessions, and why?
Go View my rosters or download them to a my NBA and just check out the tendencies and hot zones and i know you can figure out everything its self explanatory
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2024, 06:41 AM   #16
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

In terms of play discipline tendency - anyone got a rough idea of a sweet spot so the guards will go through the motions on PnR's and pass to the big man, but also be able to shoot if necessary?

Right now I've got quite a few PG's set around 35/40 discipline, but not seeing them pass to the roll man enough.

Makes me wonder if I should remove the 'PnR ballhandler' play type and just leave the bigs set with 'PnR man'......

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »