Home

MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Total Minors - PS2 - Pared

This is a discussion on MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Total Minors - PS2 - Pared within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-20-2004, 11:24 PM   #1
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Total Minors - PS2 - Pared

Submitted By: Pared
Date: 5/20/2004
Updated: 7/06/2004
Version : v3
Download File: MVP2004TSave6252326700.zip

5/23/04 Update Comments: </font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
This is GForce’s TotalMinors ‘04 roster update v2, now available for the PS2 via Sharkport.

Nothing was changed. All I did was simply make the file ready for PS2. Enjoy!

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

6/06/04 Update: </font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
Here’s the readme:

TOTALMINORS '04 for MVP BASEBALL: V3
Gregg "GForce22" Henglein

Thank you for downloading Version 3 of TotalMinors for MVP Baseball. Hopefully you will enjoy it.

This is a major upgrade and the last planned version for 2004. Check below for a list of revisions.

A lot of you know me from my work on High Heat Baseball and Out of the Park, where I served as the roster developer for the release of OOTP5 in addition to my third-party work such as the All-time Roster Project. I have been very fortunate to be well regarded in the roster development field, and hope this release will be no exception.

Those of you following the project know it's taken a while due to family and work responsibilities. I appreciate the patience and support I've been shown during it's development. If you know me, you know the dedication I put into my rosters.

2 things:

1) Please rate TotalMinors at MVPMods and BaseballSimCentral, as well as provide your feedback. It's how it gets better.

2) TotalMinors is DONATIONWARE. You are NOT required to pay me a dime for the roster. It's free. But if you like it and feel my work is worth a few bucks, you can make a Paypal payment through my Web site at www.Rosterdevelopmentgroup.com. If you don't like Paypal and care to send cash or check, e-mail me. But regardless of whether you donate or not, enjoy the rosters.

If you don't want to read any more of my ramblings, to install simply copy the files into your mvp baseball/data/ folder. Done!

Version 1 includes:

-- All transactions up to opening day
-- Virtually all of the top 30 prospects for each team as designated by Baseball America. Few exceptions based on depth (i.e., if a franchise is loaded with 4 shortstops at AA and below, I don't use them all), but at least 25 per team are in. When all is said and done, if you see someone missing you would like, let me know and I'll try to put him together for you
-- Accurate 25-man rosters as of Opening Day
-- DL'd players as of Opening Day are in AAA. Regrettably, Robert Glass (creator of the indispensible MVPEdit program) was limited by the game configuration and couldn't give me access to DL guys from the start of the season. But putting them as FAs makes no sense to me, nor does cutting their ratings. This way they are accessible and you can handle them how you like, be it reducing ratings or whatever.
-- Uniform numbers correct for MLB players, some minor leaguers (will get these accurate all the way through by final version)
-- All minor leaguers rated through my TotalMinors spreadsheets, which I will detail in future editions. Basically, these factor 3 years of minor league data, adjusting for age relative to league, park factors, etc. For sabremetrics fans out there, these factor K:IP, K:BB, plate patience is valued highly...All ratings, including speed, pitch types, arm strength, etc. are adjusted based on scouting reports as well. NOBODY in this set just had a name slapped on them for a guy "close" to what their ratings should be. They were all run through and rated accordingly.
-- After allocating all real players to the proper franchise and level and adding the BA prospects, remaining slots at AAA and AA are filled with real players from those rosters, rated the same as noted in the previous graph. The backup SS at AA? Rated in the same fashion as the 5-star prospect at AAA.
-- Minor league rotations and lineups are complete, in line or very close to the real minor leagues (allowing for the AAA spots taken up by DL players and AA spots taken by top prospects who, in real life, are at lower levels
-- Contract lengths have been modified. All major league deals should be right, except for the younger players who need to be adjusted to reflect arbitration. In addition, minor league contract lengths better reflect a prospect's age.
-- If I could find a picture on the minor league Web site or Getty Images, I made appearances as close to real as I could.
-- MLB Batting Stances have been updated from stuff I've seen on various threads on several boards. If you see anything in this regard, stance, delivery, equipment, please let me know and I will gladly fix it accordingly. This goes for minor leaguers as well.

VERSION 1.1 CHANGES:
* Fixed error in pitch descriptions causing pitches not to have movement.
* Fixed weight/body type disagreements.
* Swapped Jose/Denny Bautista (BAL...had wrong one in Majors)
* Fixed Adam LaRoche skin tone
* Adjusted Mike Ryan ratings (MIN)
* Giants equipment adjustments
* Fixed ReadMe error on Rodkey's data file (it's v4, not v3)
* Boosted Victor Martinez power
* Fixed Barry Bonds' age
* Fixed wrong positions for Varitek/Kapler in one Boston lineup
* Created Bobby Bradley (AA PIT)...replaced Wardell Starling
* Fixed error with too wide a gap separating prospects (had made adjustment to enhance top prospects and adjusted too much)
* Set AA contact ceiling (had some ratings that were way too high)
* Created Seth Greisinger and assigned him to MIN AAA where he started year. He replaced Joe Beimel, who wasn't signed by the Twins until after opening day
* Fixed Scott Podsednik steal rating (was at 0 from default rosters)
* Replaced second Juan Dominguez (TEX prospect) with Frank Francisco (P, AA)
* Created Tyler Walker (SF AAA), replaced Manny Aybar who is no longer with organization
* Adjusted starter staminas throughout to set minimum (had starters at 45 sometimes, which is too low and skews results
* Fixed Tyler Yates (NYM) skin tone
* Adjusted pitch movements on lefty sliders so the break is correct
* Adjusting movements/descriptions on sinkers/splitters
* Created Jason Frasor (TOR AAA), replaced Bruce Chen
* Added Donovan Osborne ID so he has picture
* Got rid of Bubba Crosby's goatee
* Created Brad Thompson (STL AA), replaced Anthony Reyes
* Fixed a few pitches with low velocity (happened when I added a pitch to a pitcher then forgot to adjust velocity...MVPEdit's default velocity is 36!)
* Fixed Larry Bigbie throwing arm to R
* Cut Greg LaRocca from CLE AAA, replaced with C Dusty Wathan
* Bumped star rating for Justin Miller (TOR)
* Set minimum movement of 4 for all curveballs. No curveball should be below 4, or it basically does nothing
* Added Matt Ginter to NYM AAA, replaced Mike Glavine, who is basically on the team as a favor to his big brother and sucks beyond all recognition
* Changed Danny Graves role back to RP and cut stamina (had him as closer, but still an SP with high stamina), switched 2-seam fastball to sinker
* Some equipment/uniform/stance adjustments for Reds
* Fixed White Sox rotation (had only 4 starters)

Also included in this zip file general ratings sheets, which will help you create ratings yourself if you so desire. There are broad variations with this, but extensive testing showed this as the average range. These are based on MAJOR LEAGUE performance, so adjust for AAA, AA accordingly.

Version 1.11 CHANGES:
* Fixed problem with pitchers appearing twice in lineups for Yankees, Tigers and Orioles
* Fixed missing 3B in Indians AAA lineup

VERSION 1.12 CHANGES
Cubs lineup fix (had Patterson/Grudzialanek positions swapped)
Move Alec Zumwalt from TB to ATL AA (Rule 5 returnee prior to season. Cut AA catcher Jared Saltalamacchia, who is still in low A and was 3rd catcher)
Buffalo lineup fix
Created Dicky Gonzalez, added to TB AAA (nobody deleted as he took Zumwalt's spot)
Created Cliff Bartosh at Buffalo (Cut Scott Sauerbeck, who won't pitch at all this year)
Created Ryan Garko C/1B to replace David Wallace at CLE AA as Garko is now the better prospect
Placed Johnny Estrada ATL at starting C vs L as well (had him only vs right)
Several D'Backs Equipment fixes
Fixed lefty curveball movement
Multiyear contract years for all teams completed (real dollars will be for v2)
Boosted floor stamina for starters in minors to raise innings and avoid bullpen abuse
Added Bruce Chen to BAL AAA. (Though this didn't happen until after opening day, when I created Jason Frasor for TOR, Chen was the guy I booted. When I did that, figured I may as well finish that move. Cut Sean Bergman (who was sent down to A-ball at 34 years old to make room for Chen in real life, likely signalling the end of his career))
Fixed sinker movement
Created Brennan King, 3B LA AA, replaced Zach Hammes
Fixed rotation roles for D. Sanchez, Dreifort and Lima on Dodgers
Fixed Todd Martin (LA) control
Created Matt Wise, added to MIL (replaced David Elder who isn't with the team)
Fixed Austin Kearns, Adam Dunn stances
Added Chris Saenz to Brewers AA, replaces Greg Bruso
Fixed Matt Miller (CLE AAA) pitching delivery to sidearm
Adjusted Jody Gerut skin tone (CLE)
Upped Jose Capellan velocity (ATL minors)
Added knuckleball for ATL minor-leaguer Ray Aguilar
Replaced second Napolean Calzado (one on BAL AAA is correct as of opening day, one on AA replaced as he wasn't acquired until later) with 2B Aaron Herr
Fixed Cody McKay (STL) batting ratings (were too low)
Fixed Adam LaRoche equipment/build
Fixed Cody McKay hitting ratings (slight boost)
Fixed some equipment details on Braves minor leaguers
Fixed Boston P Lenny DiNardo uniform # to 55 from 63
Fixed Soriano/Michael Young position error in one TEX lineup
Fixed ratings for injured star players like Nomar, Nixon, some others which had gotten messed up in global edits
Mariners batting stance fixes
Fixed Dee Haynes (STL AAA) skin tone
Adjust RP staminas in AA. However, guys who are starters in real life but serving as relievers now due to prospect depth still have starter staminas. Don't want to cripple their futures by undercutting them.
Blue Jays equipment/stance adjustments
Rangers ratings adjustments, young/Nix lineup swap, R.A. Dickey stamina, etc.)
Replaced TEX P Tony Mounce (who was let go to Japan this offseason) with prospect Nick Regilio
Twins equipment/stance fixes, some ratings touches (Carlos Silva stamina, slight boost to Joe Nathan)
Swap Catalanatto/Johnson defense in one TOR lineup

VERSION 2 REVISIONS:

Version 2 includes three MAJOR upgrades:
1) Major league contracts have been redone for correct dollar figures. In addition, contract years have been redone as well. A player with less than 3 years in the majors now has 1 or 2 years left on his deal, whatever would bring him through his 3rd season. This excludes guys like Prior who have already signed deals. Guys with 3+ but less than 6 years have the number left that brings them to 6, which is when they can file for free agency. This lets you keep more players (whether you want them or not) but still have decisions to make for those 1st or 2nd year guys once their 3rd year is up. If you think about the arbitration process, it's basically meant to get a player what a comparable player is worth. So this requires you to pay to keep your guy rather than just having him locked up cheap for 6 years, which isn't how it really works. Unfortunately, because the game lacks an arbitration system, I had to come up with a middle ground to handle this. This was the best way I thought of.

2) Minor league uniform #s are now accurate for any of the guys actually on a AAA or AA roster (listed on their sites during the past 3 days). I didn't check below AA for time reasons, so those guys still have random jerseys. But you'll a lot less #75s and #84s running around. This is baseball, not football.

3) The hot/cold zone process for minor leaguers was completely redone. Basically, any prospect had his rating adjusted. I did this for a few reasons. I saw way too many cold zones overall. And I think the ratings should carry the bulk of the weight. So you'll see many more gray zones for one thing, letting the ratings do their work. Also, top prospects should have more red zones to make you fear pitching them. So 5 star prospects have 4 or 5 red zones to 0-1 blue, 4 star have 3-4 red zones to 1-2 blue. This, combined with changing more of what were blue zones to gray, will make the minor league games a much more realistic experience, I feel.

Other changes for v2:

Dodgers lineup fix (Roberts/Encarnacion defensive positions)
Herbert Perry to DH vs L for TEX
Mench/Delucci defensive position switch for TEX
Fixed Alfonso Soriano's age to 28 from 26
Fixed error with Brett Evert (ATL) velocity on 2-seam fastball (was 36, the MVPEdit default)
Johnny Estrada equipment to hockey mask
Fixed Andy Sisco's build
Added beard to Cal Eldred (saw him vs. Mets)
Fixed Brendan Harris (CHC AAA) power rating vs R (was 0)
Fixed Antonio Perez (LA AAA) age
Fixed Ron Coomer position eligibility
Fixed Jose Hernandez Pos 2 to UTIL
Fixed Brewers rotation and lineup vs L
Fixed STL prospect Shaun Boyd who accidentally had 5 stars
A few misc. ratings touches on minor leaguers
Player Ids added for many guys who have a photo or audio but had no ID (thanks to Tim Ouderkirk and TJ McCallum for compiling these for me.)

VERSION 3 Revisions:
__ Complete major league edits. For hitters, this means split adjusted contact/power ratings, as well as revised patience ratings and altered range/arm strength &amp; accuracy ratings based on Ultimate Zone Rating statistics. For pitchers, this means adjusted pitch types, stamina, movement and control ratings, as well as accurate velocities based on scouting reports.

__ Hidden chase/take/miss ratings have been adjusted to create the best played game experience possible. Patient hitters will be more patient, overanxious hitters will still swing too much

__ Ratings have been balanced to provide the most realistic combined sim/played game results you can get. You can actually walk guys pitching now (because guys will actually take pitches), and actually draw walks as well (a novel idea).

__ Every major leaguer has a red hot zone in the dead center. This is designed to give even guys with little power a chance to jack one in a game if you groove it, and also designed to force players to pitch to the corners more, cutting the margin for error when it comes to control. This should impact walks to a degree if it has the desired effect.

__ I have included a revised Progress.big file. This is Bill Harris' outstanding progression mod with real-life park factors included as of this season's results so far. This should help both sim results and played games. Shea will play like a pitchers park, Minute Maid Park like a hitters park.

__ Many batting stance and equipment adjustments have been made, based on reports from users. Some body type fixes as well (such as Kaz Matsui).

__ More altered pitch descriptions to make pitches move/break the right way.

__ Deleted extra "A. Player" guys from F.A. pool (they were there due to an MVPEdit glitch).

What other files do I need for this roster?

-- you don't NEED other files, but I strongly suggest Bill Harris' progression mod at MVPMods and Ron Rodkey's datafile (now on v4). Both GREATLY improve the game/dynasty experience.

You said a while ago this would be a .sav file. Why the change?

-- I had said a .sav file because I have had my work taken and passed off as someone else's for High Heat and for Out of the Park. Can't edit a .sav file. But guys have been great and very supportive this year, and I've put some safeguards in where I'll know if it's my set taken...no reason to penalize guys who may want to just tweak the set a bit for their liking, so I've attached the separate files instead.

Will there be a roster with the DL guys on the MLB roster?

-- Yes, just not for v1. I didn't want to go having to incorporate revisions into 2 sets of rosters. For v3 there will definitely be 2 versions. I may do this for v2 as well. I'm not sure yet.

You've talked about other things you wanted to do, like park effect modifications and ratings spreadsheets. Will you be able to do these?

-- Yeah. That's my fault. I talked about these things but had so much to do on the rosters I kind of lost track. I will try to get spreadsheets up soon, and I will post a datafile with right park effects (or give them to Ron Rodkey to incorporate into his work).

What happened to your messageboard? It seems like you post more at other boards than your own.

-- What happened was I was stupid. Other boards that carry all mods have a lot more traffic than mine. To limit things to my own site would be limiting the number of people who would see/talk about my work. Made no sense. With release, I will be posting more there (and the file will be on my site as well), but the other forums have more traffic so it more sense to post there. I was limiting myself with my own site.

Questions/Comments, please e-mail me at [email protected]

Special thanks:

Bill Harris of GoneGold.com for his hard work on the progression file, and his overall support of my work. It's much appreciated.

Robert Glass for his tireless work on MVPEdit, without which TotalMinors wouldn't have been possible.

Nick (x94blair) for gathering MLB split information

Scott Nepp, Ron Rodkey and Chukj45 (hey, I don't have real names for everyone for their great work on modding the datafile itself to make this game a lot better than out of the box.

All modders...you guys do great stuff for this game and I'm glad to be among you

Everyone at BaseballSimCentral, MVPMods, RosterDevelopmentGroup.com, Operation Sports and HighHeat2004.net for the patience and support shown towards me with this project this year. Guys knew I was short on time and respected that, and it's very much appreciated. I hope I have/will make this project worth your wait.

Questions/Comments, please e-mail me at [email protected]

NOTE: This thread is for the discussion of these rosters only. Comments, corrections, updates, thanks, etc., are all welcome.

Please refer to this thread for all questions regarding the responsibility of OS regarding roster descriptions.

If you have questions about rosters for other games, either use the thread dedicated to it, or use the general Roster File Discussion thread.

If you have questions about how to use your Sharkport/X-Port device (or are having trouble), please use the Action Replay/X-Port/Sharkport FAQ. Read it, see if your question has already been answered. If it hasn't, post your question.

Any posts that belong elsewhere will either be moved, or simply deleted. This thread is for the discussion of this roster file only.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2004, 12:22 AM   #2
Legen - WAIT FOR IT

Pared's Arena

OVR: 72
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Total Minors - PS2 - Pared

Awesome, it's finally up.

Thanks JohnDoe.

Enjoy guys! It's a very good, very thorough set!
Old 05-21-2004, 12:24 AM   #3
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Is this the one with players on DL or their original teams??
Old 05-21-2004, 12:45 AM   #4
Legen - WAIT FOR IT

Pared's Arena

OVR: 72

From the readme, posted above:

-- DL'd players as of Opening Day are in AAA. Regrettably, Robert Glass (creator of the indispensible MVPEdit program) was limited by the game configuration and couldn't give me access to DL guys from the start of the season. But putting them as FAs makes no sense to me, nor does cutting their ratings. This way they are accessible and you can handle them how you like, be it reducing ratings or whatever.

Old 05-21-2004, 12:51 AM   #5
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Thanks I just thought that these were the second version he did sorry and what sliders are you using with these?? Thanks dawg!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2004, 12:12 PM   #6
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

Are these the ones that supposedly take topspin off the ball and has a steal fix?
Old 05-21-2004, 02:56 PM   #7
Joey Bats

y2dan's Arena

OVR: 6

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
Bamafan3723 said:
Are these the ones that supposedly take topspin off the ball and has a steal fix?

I was wondering the same thing. Anyone know?
Old 05-21-2004, 03:33 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

the file is in .xps format...does it need to be changed to .sps or does it even matter?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »