Home

Nate Diaz claims he has pulled out of UFC 244

This is a discussion on Nate Diaz claims he has pulled out of UFC 244 within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-26-2019, 12:33 PM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Nate Diaz claims he has pulled out of UFC 244

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
Yeah. The whole USADA thing is just a joke to me at this point.

Looks like the fights back on though, so I shouldn't complain

Here's a question though. For all the issues, is it worth it? Or do we want it back like Bellator, and ONE?
Thats a great question because I'm not sure what people want.

The Silva/Diaz fight is really what spurred this whole USADA thing. When Silva and Diaz both failed in a main event the entire MMA world was up in arms and demanding change.

They switch to USADA (after the UFC botched self testing with Cung Le) and people started to complain that they were suspending too many fighters, the arbitration system was too expensive, the punishments were too harsh and they were announcing suspensions before going through the process. Some of those complaints were very legitimate.

So then USADA switched some things up and people still complain.

I regularly watch Bellator (not so much One because of the time difference) and I think its ridiculous that they havent had one significant drug failure in years. A few small ones but not one.

If we are ok with everyone being roid monsters, thats cool. That seems to be the case with Bellator where they regualarly roll out former drug cheats and never get a failure. I just think that if thats the case, we should hold the UFC to the same standard.

USADA isnt perfect but its the best system in MMA right now as sad as that may be.
Old 10-26-2019, 12:53 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
No. They likely asked Nate what supplements he was using. He likely gave him the supplements. They tested them. Thats it. Its not that hard.

This is the biggest fight of the year. Its not unreasonable that they would rush test it. Also, it wasnt less than 24 hrs. At the minimum, it was 48-72 and that assumes that Nate posted on Instagram the minute, he was notified of the issue.

What sucks is what you are saying is what I knew was going to happen the minute Nate posted it. Even if the testing was done legiutimately, people were going to react and say "They were always going to say this, Dana needs the fight to happen."

Last point: I find it interesting that you want the commissions to handle the testing failures. The same commissions that tried to ban Nate Diaz for LIFE because of weed?
They don't test opened bottles, Diaz could have put the drugs in there himself. They always buy unopened product from the same batch #. Then they test that.

In its current form of partnership with the UFC, it needs to end. If commissions will actually punish fighters then they need to handle it. The UFC is already setting standards on what is performance impacting without doing trials as these things are banned.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2019, 04:33 PM   #11
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
They don't test opened bottles, Diaz could have put the drugs in there himself. They always buy unopened product from the same batch #. Then they test that.

In its current form of partnership with the UFC, it needs to end. If commissions will actually punish fighters then they need to handle it. The UFC is already setting standards on what is performance impacting without doing trials as these things are banned.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
They tested his bottles:

On October 24, 2019, Nate Diaz released a public statement regarding a recent out-of-competition test conducted by USADA. UFC has been notified by USADA that the out-of-competition test concluded that LGD-4033 was present in Mr. Diaz’s sample at an amount below the decision concentration level for this substance. USADA is reviewing the out-of-competition test as an atypical finding. Further laboratory testing conducted by the Sports Medicine Research and Testing Laboratory (SMRTL), a WADA-accredited lab in Salt Lake City, Utah, has confirmed that two bottles of the same organic, vegan, plant-based daily multivitamin that Mr. Diaz was using were each contaminated with LGD-4033, which the evidence supports resulted in Mr. Diaz’s positive sample.

https://www.ufc.com/news/statement-u...-doping-policy

If anything USADA is evolving. See the Magny example, Magny kept quiet and got cleared because his finding was atypical. Same thing happened with Nate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2019, 09:24 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
They tested his bottles:

On October 24, 2019, Nate Diaz released a public statement regarding a recent out-of-competition test conducted by USADA. UFC has been notified by USADA that the out-of-competition test concluded that LGD-4033 was present in Mr. Diaz’s sample at an amount below the decision concentration level for this substance. USADA is reviewing the out-of-competition test as an atypical finding. Further laboratory testing conducted by the Sports Medicine Research and Testing Laboratory (SMRTL), a WADA-accredited lab in Salt Lake City, Utah, has confirmed that two bottles of the same organic, vegan, plant-based daily multivitamin that Mr. Diaz was using were each contaminated with LGD-4033, which the evidence supports resulted in Mr. Diaz’s positive sample.

https://www.ufc.com/news/statement-u...-doping-policy

If anything USADA is evolving. See the Magny example, Magny kept quiet and got cleared because his finding was atypical. Same thing happened with Nate.
No they tested the same products, not the bottle Nate gave them. That would make them worse to just test an already open supplement.

Magny also lost several months, but Nate got cleared in 24 hours? The rules also say SARMs are banned at all times, no tolerance for some small amounts. This is why I say to just get rid of USADA since they can't catch the clear cheaters or make rules up to keep them legal.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2019, 05:00 PM   #13
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm not into supplements, so if you guys know, what was found in the vegan thing that is banned? Is it shady or performance enhancing or just some kind of fungus or something like that lol ... I really have no idea - it's like in other sports flu meds can get you in trouble.

I do agree with the sentiment that the largest culprits that are clearly PEDS should be dealt with 1st, with the most resources and highest scrutiny, while other peripheral things shouldn't endanger the main event of a ppv card. This one was close to being canned and I think most would agree even if you don't like Nate Diaz that he's more likely to be clean than almost anyone else I can think of...

like if I was a bout to fight and a week before I did shrooms, would I get busted? (not saying that would be a smart move, just curious)
Old 11-01-2019, 06:08 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I'm not into supplements, so if you guys know, what was found in the vegan thing that is banned? Is it shady or performance enhancing or just some kind of fungus or something like that lol ... I really have no idea - it's like in other sports flu meds can get you in trouble.

I do agree with the sentiment that the largest culprits that are clearly PEDS should be dealt with 1st, with the most resources and highest scrutiny, while other peripheral things shouldn't endanger the main event of a ppv card. This one was close to being canned and I think most would agree even if you don't like Nate Diaz that he's more likely to be clean than almost anyone else I can think of...

like if I was a bout to fight and a week before I did shrooms, would I get busted? (not saying that would be a smart move, just curious)
It is SARMs, they are not natural and are performance enhancing. Either they are purposely putting the SARMs into it to make the product effective or it was contaminated because they didn't pay to clean the equipment between production runs. SARMs are illegal at all times, but others have been cleared.

USADA is now using some made up performance enhancing level as the standard for whether you fail or not.

The problem with this is that everything goes away at some point. This stuff doesn't stay in your system and if you take other things, can leave some what quickly. So if they aren't testing weekly and sometimes daily, the amount that would show up will definitely be lower than their assumed levels. Nate is probably clean, but you never know. Several PED users are in his gym.

Nate accidentally named the product, its Natural Life or something like that. It is plant based and because of that, it can absorb a lot more of the contaminated stuff. Most supplements don't do much, but fighters continue to use the none approved ones for reasons.

Fighters need to start suing these companies and USADA needs to stop giving exceptions for fighters who fail. If you take a supplement not on the approved list and fail, who cares if it was tainted. It is your own fault. Follow the approved list or get your supplements approved. If not, you are on your own if you fail.
Old 11-02-2019, 09:57 PM   #15
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

without pointing fingers and also the competence of the USDA - this quote:

"confirmed that two bottles of the same organic, vegan, plant-based daily multivitamin that Mr. Diaz was using were each contaminated with LGD-4033"

When I see that like Canelo's mexican beef was 'contaminated' - nothing is accidentally contaminated. Those vegan pills for example, If I were in the business of manufacturing them, there is no way they would contain SARMS lol, that would COST me $, it's also shady and illegal and legal issues not worth it.
... so that leaves the athlete and his/her team - a vitamin supplement should NEVER be contaminated with PEDS ... EVER. there is simply no excuse, anything resembling an excuse sounds pathetic ... 'oh, my mom mixed it with her ...'' STFU lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2019, 01:43 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
without pointing fingers and also the competence of the USDA - this quote:

"confirmed that two bottles of the same organic, vegan, plant-based daily multivitamin that Mr. Diaz was using were each contaminated with LGD-4033"

When I see that like Canelo's mexican beef was 'contaminated' - nothing is accidentally contaminated. Those vegan pills for example, If I were in the business of manufacturing them, there is no way they would contain SARMS lol, that would COST me $, it's also shady and illegal and legal issues not worth it.

... so that leaves the athlete and his/her team - a vitamin supplement should NEVER be contaminated with PEDS ... EVER. there is simply no excuse, anything resembling an excuse sounds pathetic ... 'oh, my mom mixed it with her ...'' STFU lol
It depends. Generally yes a supplement maker isn't going to put stuff in their supplement for free because it would cost money. These natural vegan stuff is expensive though, so they may be able to do it and build the brand and make people pay for the costs

Generally stuff can be contaminated because they don't pay to produce it in clean plants or where they don't produce steroids. They try to be cheap and they can make the supplement right are making steroids, so something will get into the supplement.

USADA has an approved list of supplements that are tested and verified in their manufacturing. The problem is that they don't work well or cost more money. The fighters then look elsewhere for something that works and generally that is something that has stuff in it not on the label. If they know what is in it, they could take that as long as they don't take too much.

Jones found a something that was tainted and had 1 of his failed drugs, but then showed a receipt that had both 9f the substances he failed for on it. Some reason they didn't care about that and just said ok for the tainted pill with only 1 substance in it.

I per the 0 excuses and if you fail, it is your own fault. Take the approved supplements and if you don't, then too bad. Since they are doing that, USADA should just go away and stop wasting people's time.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »