Home

Old 07-07-2019, 12:59 AM   #9
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 239

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
I can't stand what Jones has become. He is so scared to do anything to take a risk. Santos wins that without the hurt knee, he probably should have won it even with it.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Yh it was a lot closer than ppl were thinking. It's really a pity that his knee blew out, cuz it took a lot away from him in terms of movement, explosiveness and even power. If that didn't happen, he would have been better. Gotta give it to him though...he hung in there and fought through it. Another thing to take note of too is Santos is much better when he fights like he did tonight, patient and smart. He also exploited a hole in Jones game with those leg kicks. In the end, Jones still on top of the mountain. I was saying that if he beats Santos then Rockhold would be the fight to make, but doesn't look like Luke's chin can hold up at LHW smh. Some great fights and KO's tonight though. Askren/Masvidal? Holy ****
Old 07-07-2019, 01:12 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Yh it was a lot closer than ppl were thinking. It's really a pity that his knee blew out, cuz it took a lot away from him in terms of movement, explosiveness and even power. If that didn't happen, he would have been better. Gotta give it to him though...he hung in there and fought through it. Another thing to take note of too is Santos is much better when he fights like he did tonight, patient and smart. He also exploited a hole in Jones game with those leg kicks. In the end, Jones still on top of the mountain. I was saying that if he beats Santos then Rockhold would be the fight to make, but doesn't look like Luke's chin can hold up at LHW smh. Some great fights and KO's tonight though. Askren/Masvidal? Holy ****
Rockhold would be a good matchup though. Jones has no power, so he won't have to worry about that. He would probably try to wrestle him since the striking would be closer to even.

I don't know if something was up with Jones or not, but that was the slowest he has looked. His spinning stuff was telegraphed and he just looked asleep out there. Wait for the drug test, who knows with him. If he is going to look like that, DC still has enough speed to get jnside.

Old 07-07-2019, 01:58 AM   #11
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Rockhold would be a good matchup though. Jones has no power, so he won't have to worry about that. He would probably try to wrestle him since the striking would be closer to even.

I don't know if something was up with Jones or not, but that was the slowest he has looked. His spinning stuff was telegraphed and he just looked asleep out there. Wait for the drug test, who knows with him. If he is going to look like that, DC still has enough speed to get jnside.

Well to be fair, Santos blasted his legs a lot. That most likely played a factor. Jones could hardly walk after the fight. I'd actually like to see Jon and DC fight at HW though. As far as Rockhold, man idk. I think he'd have to at least get a win against someone at LHW cuz getting ko'd like that isn't a good look. Heard his jaw was even broken from that.

Last edited by WarMMA; 07-07-2019 at 02:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2019, 06:47 PM   #12
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

I had Santos winning round 1 and 2 if I recall correctly and he would have walked away with a decision easily if his knee didn't go to shipp.

Otherwise I don't mind the decision - even the guy that had Santos - he landed more headshots - but it just looks so awkward when you keep almost collapsing over and over again and even go down 3 or 4 times - the optics of that make it really hard to actually give him a round he otherwise might have won just because it looks like it's hurting and can then be construed as losing. Just my take, I hope they rematch asap and I hope Santos get's his knee looked at.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:55 PM   #13
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Santos tore his ACL, MCL, PCL and meniscus, other than that he was just fine.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »