Home

UFC 112 1PM SPOILERS THREAD

This is a discussion on UFC 112 1PM SPOILERS THREAD within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-10-2010, 02:30 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: UFC 112 1PM SPOILERS THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Well here starts Frankie Edgar's funeral. I dont see anyway Edgar has a shot here. Edgar isnt even as good as Penn's last 2 opponents and he walked right through them so unless Penn decides to just beat him up on the feet for 5 rounds this shouldnt last all 5 rounds or even close to it.
You're selling Edgar short.

Yes, Frankie will probably get obliterated.. but I would've taken him over Diego. Him vs Kenny is a 50/50 fight.

Diego's standup is awfully predictable. His wrestling is no where near Frankie's.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:33 PM   #50
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Bruce has become way over the top...

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 04-10-2010, 02:33 PM   #51

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFactah416
You're selling Edgar short.

Yes, Frankie will probably get obliterated.. but I would've taken him over Diego. Him vs Kenny is a 50/50 fight.

Diego's standup is awfully predictable. His wrestling is no where near Frankie's.
Well obivously we have different opinions then. I take Diego and Florian over Edgar anyday. And even if Edgar's wrestling is better, he has to be able to take Penn down and who was the last one able to do that? GSP? To say Penn's stand up is predictible isnt true either, otherwise it wouldnt be nearly as effective as it is. We will see shortly but if Edgar wants to stand then let him, if he wants to take it to the mat then good luck as I dont see Edgar being remotely as good as Penn in either area.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2010, 02:35 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 29

I'd like to see Penn sub him in under a minute. He could if he wanted to, but he prefers to stand for a show.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:35 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Well obivously we have different opinions then. I take Diego and Florian over Edgar anyday. And even if Edgar's wrestling is better, he has to be able to take Penn down and who was the last one able to do that? GSP? To say Penn's stand up is predictible isnt true either, otherwise it wouldnt be nearly as effective as it is. We will see shortly but if Edgar wants to stand then let him, if he wants to take it to the mat then good luck as I dont see Edgar being remotely as good as Penn in either area.
Edgar isn't going to be able to take down BJ, nor is he going to be able to strike with BJ. Neither could Diego and neither could Kenny.

What I am saying is that Diego's standup was predictable as hell and BJ and everyone else knew it. Diego's wrestling isn't even close to Frankie's. The only thing Diego would have over Frankie is better BJJ and more size.

Last edited by XFactah416; 04-10-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #54

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFactah416
He's not going to be able to take down BJ, nor is he going to be able to strike with BJ.

What I am saying is that Diego's standup was predictable as hell and BJ and everyone else knew it. Diego's wrestling isn't even close to Frankie's. The only thing Diego would have over Frankie is better BJJ and more size.
Apologies, I misunderstood then, I thought you were saying Penn's standup was predictible.

After thinking about it, I would probably take Edgar over Diego as his stand up is so bad that its a major handicap. I still take Florian over Edgar though.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:42 PM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Apologies, I misunderstood then, I thought you were saying Penn's standup was predictible.

After thinking about it, I would probably take Edgar over Diego as his stand up is so bad that its a major handicap. I still take Florian over Edgar though.
Hell, Frankie has done more then Diego and Kenny combined in 1 round.

He probably lost round 1 due to the shots that BJ landed, but Frankie is doing good right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2010, 02:43 PM   #56
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

If anyone still has the link to a live stream, I would love a PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »