Home

Old 09-10-2009, 04:16 AM   #57
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: OS MMA Random Thread

Love UFC and I think Dana White has been great for the organization. However, he's a damn fool if he thinks I wont be watching Mayweather and Marquez throw down. I can understand him ****ting on Floyd for some of his comments about MMA but the way he talked about Marquez seemed a tad disrespectful. Good night for fight fans. I look forward to seeing both events but I'll be watching the Mayweather fight live and watching UFC the next day or later that night.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:21 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Oh yeah, I'll be watching the Marquez fight because I gotta support my boy. But there's no way I'm shelling out that kind of money for it.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:35 AM   #59
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

I found this pretty funny...

Quote:
Bob Arum: MMA is for skinheads and homosexuals

Quoteworthy:

“I look at the UFC audience and the boxing audience as being two different audiences entirely. Our audience in boxing is ethnic, Hispanic, Filipino, Puerto Rican, Mexican and the hard core boxing fan who can’t watch, like me, UFC. The UFC are a bunch of skinhead white guys watching people in the ring who also look like skinhead white guys. 90% of the people in the audience wear tattoos. For me and people like me, it is not something they ever care to see. They watched it, it’s horrible, guys rolling around like homosexuals on the ground. I mean it’s not a sport that shows great, great talent. The guys who throw punches can’t throw a punch to save their ***, when the punches land, the guys have no chins. These guys are not like boxers.There is no way the (UFC 100) pay-per-view generated the kind of numbers they put out. I know what the numbers were — south of one million. They’re not a public company. Who’s to check?”

Long-time professional boxing promoter Bob Arum continues to embarrass himself in public, this time by calling UFC fans and fighters a bunch of “skinheads” who “roll around like homosexuals.” Perhaps he missed UFC 98, the one that featured Lyoto Machida and Rashad Evans fighting for the UFC light heavyweight belt. It’s time for this geezer to retire and direct his talents elsewhere. Like sitting on his front porch and shaking his fist at the teens who drive too fast down his block while “Cocoon” plays in the background.
First time I've been called a skinhead btw.

Last edited by DTX3; 09-12-2009 at 03:37 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #60
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Love UFC and I think Dana White has been great for the organization. However, he's a damn fool if he thinks I wont be watching Mayweather and Marquez throw down. I can understand him ****ting on Floyd for some of his comments about MMA but the way he talked about Marquez seemed a tad disrespectful. Good night for fight fans. I look forward to seeing both events but I'll be watching the Mayweather fight live and watching UFC the next day or later that night.
I'll be doing the opposite, because Dana is right...I want to see Paquioa vs Mayweather.

The thing I don't like is how Dana and Rogan (at least in the past) dump on boxing - This time it was better than Dana limited his dumping to the promoters of boxing and the matchmakers as well as floyd. But in the past he's dumped on the sport and so has Rogan....just take the high road and don't comment at all about another sport. I love boxing and MMA, I don't see why either sport has to get so defensive. It's really pathetic.

The quote above me about skinhead homo white guy thing is a prime example of someone being so defensive that they have lost all perspective and ability to form a coherent thought.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:42 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 16

So Kenny Florian has left Sityodtong and rumor has it he's moved his training to Zahabi MMA. If true, look at the list of fighters in the Jackson/Zahabi conglomerate:

GSP
Rashad Evans
Nate Marquardt
Kenny Florian
Keith Jardine
Joe Stevenson
Jonny Bones Jones

That's crazy. They rival Team Nogueira/Black House's lineup of Anderson Silva, Lyoto Machida, the Nogs, Junior dos Santos, and Hermes Franca.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2009, 02:53 PM   #62

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/str...l-walker-19842

Good lord why!?
Old 09-23-2009, 02:16 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

Roger Huerta not done with fighting...

Quote:
“I think [the Maynard fight] could have gone either way and it’s my fault I let it go to the judges and I can’t go out like that. I can’t go out with two losses in a row. I don’t think I’m going to call it quits anytime soon. I’m still open to acting. Hopefully we get something going with that, but I’m not going to prioritize (acting) now. I’ll still prioritize fighting. If the UFC wants me back, I’d be willing to go back. I think this last fight was probably the best fight I’ve ever had, the most focused I’ve ever been. I didn’t know how crucial that Kimura was until I saw the video. I was going to let him break it. I really was. That’s the competitive blood in me. I’ve never given up on anything, and I guess that’s back in me now.”

After a year on the sidelines in pursuit of an acting career, lightweight sensation Roger Huerta tells Sherdog.com that he’s gotten the fighting spirit back following his split decision loss to undefeated contender Gray Maynard at the Sept. 16 UFC Fight Night 19 event in Oklahoma. “El Matador” satisfied the remaining fight on his UFC contract after turning down an extension last year that would have kept him inside the Octagon. So if Huerta does comes back, where does he fit within the division? Opinions please.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:54 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

Hughes has no interest in fighting a "kid" like Josh Koscheck
Quote:
“I find Koscheck calling me out kind of interesting and I actually don’t know why he is doing that. I was used to kids doing this when I was the champ, but as you know I don’t have the belt now and I’m puzzled as to why Koscheck wants to fight me and not the champion in the weight class. I have no interest in fighting Koscheck and, as he was showing everybody, he’s just a kid. As of yet, the UFC has never come to me and asked me to fight him.”
In other words, he don't want none.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »