Home

Ideas to improve MLB The Show 23 (a more detailed wishlist of sorts)

This is a discussion on Ideas to improve MLB The Show 23 (a more detailed wishlist of sorts) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-10-2022, 08:40 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Ideas to improve MLB The Show 23 (a more detailed wishlist of sorts)

I've read through a lot of these wish lists. and they all are great. for major features. I would be happy if they could just improve what they already have.

Crowd noise/atmosphere. Batter hits a maybe a homerun, crowd is silent till it goes over the wall.

EVERY ball in the dirt, a runner on first DIVES back into the base. Sometimes, the catch throws the ball to the base, and the player isn't even on the base.

Walk off homeruns, you see the cut scenes of the batter rounding third base, and the third basemen is still standing like the game is continuing.

Don't get me wrong, new big features would be awesome. But fixing some of the atmosphere would go a long way.

Concerning the names and commentary, there is a lot missing. No doubt. But i believe that is because they switched commentators. When they first put in Matt V. there were names missing. Over time, they were able to add them in.

Now, would it be awesome if they could utilize some of modern AI technology to like you stated, use Boog's voice, have him record a ton of audio, and then use a modern voice AI to play. This would open up an entire world of things.

I get it, there is a danger side to, cause now you can't control what Boog says. and would be exploited etc.

Just my $0.02
Old 06-10-2022, 10:06 AM   #50
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

I would love to have them add more personality to the game/players.

It's cool you can unlock home run animations and all that. I use those. But there should be more various player types. Watching the games today, players have a lot of unique personalities and they are more likely to show them during games as opposed to the old days when players rarely showed emotion.

Also, there aren't really any unlockable pitcher animations. Maybe add some unique pitcher personality types/animations.
Old 06-13-2022, 08:06 AM   #51
Just started!

OVR: 0

I'd like to see a few things myself, mainly in RTTS, the only mode I play.

1) The return of the Prospect Showcase and the official Draft. Let me play and let teams actually want to draft me, and let the suspense build up as teams draft new players (You can keep Mad Dog Russo spazzing out about the draft, though; that was funny).

2) Regarding the draft at the start of an RTTS career, maybe we could send the in-game agent a list of teams we DON'T want to be drafted by. That way, we can still enjoy the draft, but we don't have to reset if we get drafted by a team we don't like. That list could also apply to trades, ensuring you don't get traded to a team you don't want to play for.

3) In Stadium Assignments, I'd like to see a Spring Training option, that way in Spring Training, we don't have to settle for the two generic stadiums (well, one since if you're on the Braves, you'll only ever play at Baseball City, FL, home or away). Would give a more authentic feel to it.

4) I'd like to see more interaction between you and your teammates. Right now, the only relationship bonus is on-field boosts. If a teammate I'm at least friendly with is struggling, let us have a chat and maybe give him a boost, or set up personal training activities between us and our teammates.

5) Now, I realize this may be a tall task at this moment (especially on next-gen systems), but if something like 4 homers in a game (for the first time, at least) or MVP happens, the current RTTS just outright skips it. The game should allow us to bask in the glory of those moments.

6) At the menu in between games or game series, add some variety. Don't just show the locker room all the time. And on that note, when the season's over, what is my player doing in the locker room all by himself? That's just depressing. Maybe show him doing various activities or something like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2022, 07:16 PM   #52
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15

If you created a home and away uniform in 2021 you couldn't use the other uniforms offered or mix and match. Hopefully we can have more options in 2023.
Loved many of the uniforms would like to be able to keep them and just add a uniform or a created hat or a different location and keep all the classic uniforms offered.

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran
Old 06-13-2022, 07:52 PM   #53
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter3
If you created a home and away uniform in 2021 you couldn't use the other uniforms offered or mix and match. Hopefully we can have more options in 2023.
Loved many of the uniforms would like to be able to keep them and just add a uniform or a created hat or a different location and keep all the classic uniforms offered.
The problem i think is that there are presentations tied to the logo and uniforms so when you create a new uniform, you bring in new logos that aren't set up in their team presentations.

Sent from my thoughts
Old 06-15-2022, 05:55 PM   #54
Rookie

zeeque's Arena

SOUNDS OF THE SHOW is in 4he game. For PS4 atleast. You need to just add music to a USB drive then upload to the game. I just added 300 songs. And tons of stadium sounds that I'll assign to teams .

Sent from my LGL423DL using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2022, 06:48 PM   #55
MVP

zello144's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pay26
The safest thing is that the creators say that it is for memory space, they always come out with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
We've all heard that. At some point they need to figure it out.
We're on PS5 and on XSX I don't believe that excuse at all now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2022, 06:59 PM   #56
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
We're on PS5 and on XSX I don't believe that excuse at all now.
When they tried on the PS4, it bogged down the FPS that caused the game to be sluggish. I don't know if the same issue would exist on the newer consoles, but the last time they addressed the reasoning it was due to bogging down FPS.

Personally I don't believe its a high priority fix on the list of things they and the community want in the game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »