Home

MLB The Show 22 - (PS5/Xbox Series X|S) Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 22 - (PS5/Xbox Series X|S) Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-09-2022, 03:09 PM   #377
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB The Show 22 - (PS5/Xbox Series X|S) Impressions

Oh how much of a game changer perfect throws to any base are

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-09-2022, 06:10 PM   #378
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

My son talked me into playing DD for the first time and I must say, I'm enjoying myself. Maybe it's the playing with random players and really trying to complete programs, but there's something about DD that is a nice break from Franchise. He plays on Switch and I'm on the PS5, so cross-play makes this even better for us as we can challenge each other with house rules. We played one game this morning where we got to choose each other's lineups and starting pitchers. Was good fun playing with a bunch of bronze and commons against each other lol.

Also, my teenage son and I talk about our squads, program progress, etc. throughout the week. Maybe that's why I like it, DD has opened up more conversation topics with my son and I who normally don't have much to talk about. Really love it when he asks me about legends that played during my day.

Last edited by Cod; 04-09-2022 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-09-2022, 07:39 PM   #379
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
My son talked me into playing DD for the first time and I must say, I'm enjoying myself. Maybe it's the playing with random players and really trying to complete programs, but there's something about DD that is a nice break from Franchise. He plays on Switch and I'm on the PS5, so cross-play makes this even better for us as we can challenge each other with house rules. We played one game this morning where we got to choose each other's lineups and starting pitchers. Was good fun playing with a bunch of bronze and commons against each other lol.

Also, my teenage son and I talk about our squads, program progress, etc. throughout the week. Maybe that's why I like it, DD has opened up more conversation topics with my son and I who normally don't have much to talk about. Really love it when he asks me about legends that played during my day.

Thats really awesome man. Whatever leads them to this great game and want to also learn it’s rich history…..all about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-09-2022, 08:57 PM   #380
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Not everyone plays games for the same reasons as you. Grinding away in the minors for multiple years as a low rated player sounds more enjoyable to me than the current setup.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Who’s stopping you from not using any load outs or equipment and staying in the minors for years….
Old 04-09-2022, 11:38 PM   #381
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Who’s stopping you from not using any load outs or equipment and staying in the minors for years….
You have to at some point. Without any loadouts or equipment, your ratings are capped at 50, aren't they?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2022, 12:26 AM   #382
Rookie

Xbox Series X.
Transition from battled ball to in play sucks. Jerky. A little.

Commentary. Worse then 21 and before in a couple ways. I hate their voices. Specially Jon. His acting sucks. When he gets high pitch it pisses me off. His tone pisses me off. The way he says the score is insane. Like 23 to nothing. Or similar. The end of the last word gets higher pitch and I can’t stand it. Same for some home run calls etc. yuk.

His pitches per at bat call. It’s wrong. All the time. I’ve played only two or three full games. He has said the wrong pitch count for an ab many times in only 2 or 3 games. Pinch hitter. 1-1. Before the first pitch is thrown he’ll say it’s an 8 pitch ab. Or 9 pitch etc. ticks me off. Has happened more then 5 hitters in only 2 or 3 games.

First time I ever turned off commentary. As repetitive as 21 and before is, and as much as I hate Dero and it’ll be interesting to see comments all the time, I never turned them off. I prefer Matt voice by far.

Can’t set Babe Ruth as DH when setting line ups for each pitcher hand and it keep. I did. Then played game and he wasn’t the DH. He’s not in starting rotation.

Pitch count in the right side of the screen has been off. First game I played it was like 26 pitches at the end of an inning. Next inning was way more.

Still horrific auto base running. Taking home or second when they’re tossed by a mile.

No more Ty Cobb. Rogers Hornsby still gone. No Ted Williams.

Commentary overall is of course better. I just can’t stand Boogs voice specially higher pitch and his acting sucks in a couple areas how he says things. Can’t stand always saying that’s a good miss.

Pitch speed. Glad it’s slower and that there’s more differences in difficulty levels. More room to play with. I start easiest and raise difficulty as I go till I find a good spot for me. Started with Amateur then Minors.
Will raise to rookie next. Very few balls thrown by AI even though sliders at 0 for control etc. few more balls I think going from Amateur to Minors.

Game plays the same for me as I do auto fielding etc. Nice field play though.

Bat sounds terrible. 20 was waaaaay better for me. 21 ruined bat sounds. 22 still horrible.

So glad for game pass. I bought 21 for PS5 and Xbox series x before I knew it’d be on game pass. Not good cus I don’t like 21. Barely played it. 22 I waited for game pass. I wouldn’t buy it. I wish I didn’t buy 21. 2 bad years in a row for me as I really prefer 20. Not sure if I’ll play 22 much more.

But nice foundation for future for the most part.
Old 04-10-2022, 10:51 AM   #383
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Only have a few games under my belt but one thing is clear -- my launch day Dualsense is dying. I broke a trigger spring months ago. Using zone hitting I can see the PCI jumping when I try to sit off-center. Thinking it mainly affects subtle movements; saw/felt weirdness playing FIFA so good to confirm, even if it sucks. Have a new one and charging stand coming today. ��

As for the game, played live roster exhibition on simulation and All-Star both ways, usually end up on HOF. So glad I finally made the switch to pinpoint pitching even if I was a late adopter. Still feels great to be able to organically execute, scuffle, and flail. With the seemingly better pitch repertoires, each pitcher has a feel, and some pitches are harder/easier to throw than others. Not sure if they finally mirrored pitch gestures for RHP/LHP as suggested by many in here... Think I threw all righties so far?

Hitting felt responsive, and aside from my pre-pitch stick drift, I was often able to get the PCI to the ball. That being said, AS seems to leave a lot of balls over the plate so I may need to jump to HOF sooner rather than later. The one game I played not using the Pirates, I put up 16 hits with 7 walks and 5 Ks with Seattle. Playing with Buccos is its own difficulty level.

Fielding feels as good as ever. Usually I lower fielder speed (even zero in older versions) and reaction, but it seems mostly OK. Outfield throws are maybe a tad strong/accurate -- nailed at plate a couple times already -- but hard to say anything definitive. I'm in the make the defense make a play camp and they seem to make the play more often than not so far.

New presentation and commentary freshen it up. I can appreciate what they're going for with commentary but there's too much player-specific repetition -- Michael Chavis was drafted as a SS -- and I've heard a few odd situational gaffes already (eg, talking about driving in runnnera when no one is on base). I'm sure they'll work on bugs for updates and I turn it off in a lot of games so no biggie for me as they continue the much needed revamp.

Haven't touched RTTS, franchise or MTO. With the improved OOTB rosters I'll likely jump into something. MTO is actually a good fit for me in theory but wish they would give the option to decouple from DD and change difficulty and sliders freely. Also custom rosters and setting your opening day roster.. didn't really read up pre-release so not sure if any of those made it but didn't seem like it.

Last edited by Qb; 04-10-2022 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-10-2022, 01:43 PM   #384
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

The lighting is very frustrating, even in day games.

I thought it was my tv settings, but after playing with a number of different modes, lighting stunk on all of them. I even toyed with the HDR settings on the PS5.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »