Home

MLB The Show 22.... Which team you going with for franchise?

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 22.... Which team you going with for franchise? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-24-2022, 09:41 AM   #33
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB The Show 22.... Which team you going with for franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingCeo27
I do something very similar to what you do. Always do 30 team control
I've never done 30 team control, and I've played this game since its inception. Maybe I should go for that this year?
Old 02-24-2022, 10:02 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

I am also looking at Pittsburgh Pirates as well. How many years do you think the Pirates are away from being contenders?
Old 02-24-2022, 02:03 PM   #35
Rookie

BigCat_John's Arena

OVR: 0

I love rebuilds. Most years it's an easy pick for me to pick my beloved Brewers. Now that my Brewers are expected to be good I'll probably pick a team like Baltimore, Royals, or maybe even the A's if they trade all their veterans like people are expecting after the lockout ends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2022, 03:59 PM   #36
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
I've never done 30 team control, and I've played this game since its inception. Maybe I should go for that this year?

It’s a must for me. Sometimes I’ll get an itch to rebuild a certain team and I set it all up and dive into it. Then the first trade deadline, Juan Soto gets traded for a C Pot RP. And it ruins the rebuild for me.

For me and my main franchise, I love being able to handle all teams. I don’t do the scouting/training/minor league stuff (except for prospects) I adjust lineups and rotations occasionally but not often. Even injuries I keep off because it’s annoying seeing a star player go down and i don’t want to adjust the lineups but this year I might do that to add some level of management. Instead of having the same lineups year round.

It just allows me to know the CPU won’t ruin the realism for me in my world. In my world I try to keep it realistic while also allowing for my own storylines.
Old 02-24-2022, 04:08 PM   #37
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
It’s a must for me. Sometimes I’ll get an itch to rebuild a certain team and I set it all up and dive into it. Then the first trade deadline, Juan Soto gets traded for a C Pot RP. And it ruins the rebuild for me.

For me and my main franchise, I love being able to handle all teams. I don’t do the scouting/training/minor league stuff (except for prospects) I adjust lineups and rotations occasionally but not often. Even injuries I keep off because it’s annoying seeing a star player go down and i don’t want to adjust the lineups but this year I might do that to add some level of management. Instead of having the same lineups year round.

It just allows me to know the CPU won’t ruin the realism for me in my world. In my world I try to keep it realistic while also allowing for my own storylines.
So no trades happen for CPU teams, unless you initiate it?
Old 02-24-2022, 04:12 PM   #38
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

Quote:
So no trades happen for CPU teams, unless you initiate it?

Correct. And I’ll be pretty quiet in trade market unless there’s a serious need for it.

But once it’s a week before the trade deadline I will lay out all the teams that are looking to buy/sell, who is an upcoming FA/available on a seller and what position the buying team would need and play match maker.

One of the more fun times of the year for me and then the next few weeks I’ll player lock with the players traded on their new teams and see how much of an impact they’ve made.
Old 02-24-2022, 04:36 PM   #39
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
Correct. And I’ll be pretty quiet in trade market unless there’s a serious need for it.

But once it’s a week before the trade deadline I will lay out all the teams that are looking to buy/sell, who is an upcoming FA/available on a seller and what position the buying team would need and play match maker.

One of the more fun times of the year for me and then the next few weeks I’ll player lock with the players traded on their new teams and see how much of an impact they’ve made.
Pretty cool. I just don't know how much control I actually want to have. Nice to have that as an option. I dont want to control every trade. I just want to add some of my own to keep it real, and then undo trades that are dumb. I also don't want to control every off season move.
Old 02-24-2022, 05:09 PM   #40
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

Quote:
Pretty cool. I just don't know how much control I actually want to have. Nice to have that as an option. I dont want to control every trade. I just want to add some of my own to keep it real, and then undo trades that are dumb. I also don't want to control every off season move.

You can turn trades to be handled by CPU and you’ll get trades made (can also adjust trade frequency slider) but 30 team control would make it easier to undo stupid trades and make your own league wide.

You can also turn off season moves to be handled by CPU

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »