Home

MLB The Show 22 Gameplay Trailer Reveals New Legends - Randy Johnson & Ryan Howard

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 22 Gameplay Trailer Reveals New Legends - Randy Johnson & Ryan Howard within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-09-2022, 09:55 AM   #25
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB The Show 22 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
One thing I noticed was that Marcus Stroman was on the Cubs. He signed on December 1st, so they seemingly at least have free agent signings/roster moves up through the lockout.
Quoting myself to follow up

Mark Canha is on the Mets. He signed on November 30th

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2022, 09:57 AM   #26
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Is this board really turning in to just the same people lining up over and over to bash everything as soon as they can? It's basically just turning in to twitter and facebook. Complain non stop yet still keep coming back to the boards to do it all over again.

I watched the same video as everyone else and I've played the other sports games and I don't see much difference. Maybe some of the other sports game have some better graphics. Okay. Madden looked WONDERFUL when I fired it up this year. Within 2 months I was bored with it once the luster wears off.

I'm not saying the game is the perfect sports video game. But so far what I can see, the perfect sports video game does not exist. The shows gameplay is what keeps fans coming back. And we know that sports game videos always look much worse than the actual game.
Old 02-09-2022, 10:09 AM   #27
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Not trying to read too much into anything, but the catcher interaction with Jose Berrios, trying to determine if that is same interaction we've seen at the start of the game, or if possibly a new interaction/addition where the catcher goes to the mound.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-09-2022, 10:17 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 0

Lol game looks exactly the same.. surprise surprise
Old 02-09-2022, 10:18 AM   #29
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Player models look the same, but that was to be expected. I noticed animations looked smoother, and the crowd ambience/reactions look to have been expanded on.

Randy Johnson gets me excited as HELL! First pitcher I ever called my favorite! Hopefully franchise gets some love or DD will be my primary mode again. Can’t wait for April!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-09-2022, 10:23 AM   #30
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
Is this board really turning in to just the same people lining up over and over to bash everything as soon as they can? It's basically just turning in to twitter and facebook. Complain non stop yet still keep coming back to the boards to do it all over again.
And they still buy the game.
Old 02-09-2022, 10:27 AM   #31
Rookie

Hard to really get a feel for what's new. Definitely looks similar graphically, which is definitely a bit of a bummer (though expected). While graphics aren't the only thing in the world, the game could use a graphic face-lift to the next generation in some fashion (sooner, rather than later). Gameplay wise, it's hard to tell the "new" aspects from clips and not actual gameplay.

No Y2Y saves/no SOTS are still stingers, but I'll hold out hope that franchise gets some punchy additions and that while graphically game play remains very similar, that the gameplay itself will get a facelift and nice additions too. Legends do little for me; there have been enough CAP's of these legends over the years that while I appreciate for those who play DD that people like Randy Johnson will be playable, it does little for my single-player experience to see Randy Johnson, or really, any legend, included in the base game.

I'm not ready to throw the game under the bus, but there hasn't been much released on '22 that's made me get excited yet. Hope that's to come.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2022, 10:31 AM   #32
Rookie

I noticed they didn’t even add the LED board down the the LF line and assuming not in the RF line either of Yankee Stadium, been begging since 2020 to put it in the game and they haven’t even bothered. Small things like that they used to care for but not anymore.

https://ibb.co/P9zVDRg

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »