Home

MLB The Show 21 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-19-2021, 10:00 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show 21 Franchise Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Yes

I play every pitch of every inning in my franchise
I do as well but Quick Manage my AAA and AA games. Do you think simming vs playing makes a difference w/ prospect development? Also, I read on here that adjusting sliders in '21 negates any stubs from accuring during franchise play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2021, 10:03 PM   #66
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

The 2021 San Diego Padres

SP Yu Darvish
SP Blake Snell
SP Dinelson Lamet
SP Mike Clevinger
SP Joe Musgrove

CP Mark Melancon
SU Drew Pomeranz
SU Keone Kela
RP Emilio Pagan
RP Pierce Johnson
RP Austin Adams
RP Taylor Williams
RP Tim Hill

C/UTL Austin Nola
C Victor Caratini
C Luis Campusano
INF/OF Jorge Mateo
INF/OF Jurickson Profar
INF Ha-Seong Kim

1B Eric Hosmer
2B Jake Cronenworth
3B Manny Machado
SS Fernando Tatis JR
LF Tommy Pham
CF Trent Grisham
RF Wil Myers

The flexibility of Profar and Mateo being able to play every OF and INF spot allowed me to carry the best bench possible. With Kim, Cronenworth and Nola also able to play every INF spot, Luis Campusano, who hit .323 in spring broke camp with the big league squad. Team is carrying 3 catchers at this time, with Nola likely to be the back up 1B to Hosmer.

Opening day was a pitchers dual vs the D'Backs with Yu Darvish going up against Zach Gallen. We ended up walking it off 1-0. Yu went 7 and gave up 5 hits with 6 K. Gallen went 8 giving up only 2 hits and had 7 Ks. The 9th inning walk off started with a Tatis single, followed by a Machado single where Fernando went first to third. Then Eric Hosmer hit a sac fly that easily brought EL Nino home.

Next Up: Madison Bumgarner vs Blake Snell in game 2

How's this for a AAA rotation.

SP Chris Paddack
SP Adrian Morejon
SP MacKenzie Gore
SP Ryan Weathers

Last edited by franch1se; 04-19-2021 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:56 PM   #67
Rookie

DirtBallNation's Arena

OVR: 0
MLB The Show 21 Franchise Discussion Thread

BRAVES FRANCHISE 2021

Hey Guys, glad to be back another year! I normally wait to start my Braves franchise until the full minors come out, but I said F it. With a Franchise I’m hoping to play most games and it’ll take a while, I don’t care if I have many prospects for the future.

I’ll be sticking with a near-realistic franchise as I can control. So I started with Soroka out until about early to mid May. And I may sprinkle a few injuries in if i feel like I’m having too much success.

Thru the first series, we swept them 6-5, 5-0, and 6-3. The bright spots: Acuña is 7-14 with 2 HRs and 5 RBIs. Freeman is hitting .400, Albies is hitting .444. Max Fried, Charlie Morton and Ian Anderson all earned wins for us.

These first few games were getting my sliders and settings where I want them - I think were all set.

Overall though, this franchise mode this year is a fresh breath of air. I know a lot didn’t change but I like the menus and the color of the scheme/menus. Even the game play feels a little better and sharper. I feel like I’m have more success hitting this year though, so that’ll be one thing I monitor.

We head to Washington to take on a three game series with the Gnats!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

GREEN BAY PACKERS

MILWAUKEE BUCKS

WISCONSIN BADGERS
Old 04-20-2021, 12:24 AM   #68
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

I assume the thing still happens where your lineups etc. get reset even if you prep everything before going into franchise and all that?
Old 04-20-2021, 01:01 AM   #69
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
@ Pittsburgh Pirates series:

14-5 W (Castillo 1-0; Keller 0-1)
4-3 W (Mahle 1-1; Brault 0-2)
3-5 L (Lorenzen 1-1; Cahill 2-0)

Couldn't finish the series sweep but once again taking 2 of 3 for the third straight series to begin the season.

Key injuries around the MLB:

Mets P Carlos Carrasco out 1-2 months

Phillies C J.T. Realmuto out 1-2 months

Cubs C Wilson Contreras out 1-2 months

Reds RP Lucas Sims out 1-2 months

Cardinals CF Harrison Bader out 1-2 months

D Backs C Stephen Vogt out 1-2 months

Giants 3B Evan Longeria out 1-2 months
Giants RF Mike Yastrzemski out 1-2 months

Indians LF Jake Bauers out 2-3 months

We are now 5-4 on the season and have a short two game series at home vs the division leading Brewers who are a game up on me with a 6-3 record. Odd start for them by getting swept by the Cubs to start the season. Then have swept both the Cardinals and Phillies, and on a 6 game win streak.

I am playing MLB 20 with updated 2021 rosters and on ps4. I bought 2020 game in August of last year and never really got into playing it much at all, so it's for me still a fairly new game and with rosters updated I am pretty happy with what I have going.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app
vs Brewers series:

5-1 W (Miley 1-0; Anderson 3-1)
4-1 W (Gray 1-0; Woodruff 0-1)

One of the most stranger and luckiest wins I will ever see or have in the 2nd game. It was a pitching duel between Sonny Gray and Brandon Woodruff.

Woodruff had a no hitter going and in the 6th inning he walked the bases loaded with two outs. Moustakas comes up and I hit a grand slam for my ONLY hit of the entire game lol. The back end of my bullpen has been really dominate early on this season, so with Gray going 7 innings I was easily able to hold them down for the win.

Moustakas to be fair is my hottest hitter so it was just one of those things. He came into the game leading the team in average, homeruns, and RBIs. He now is hitting. 289 6 HR and 16 RBI to lead the team in all categories.

We took sole possession on the division lead with the series sweep and with a 7-4 record we stay home for a long four game series vs the Phillies. They are struggling early sitting last in the East at 3-9. Remember, Realmuto is on the IL so that will definitely hurt their offense and chances of winning consistently.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 04-20-2021, 01:20 AM   #70
Rookie

I thought the cpu was gonna make smart decisions this yr. Well the Bluejays just traded vald Jr for Ben gamel and austin hedges lmaoooo smh

Sent from my SM-G973U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-20-2021, 02:45 AM   #71
All Star

franch1se's Arena

Terrible opening series, ended up splitting vs the D'Backs 2-2. Can't hit at all. Myers, Hosmer, and Pham all with 0 hits after the first 4 games. Pitching has been my strong suit as expected. No one on my team is producing at all. About to begin a 3 game series vs the Giants. Hopefully the bats can come alive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2021, 02:59 AM   #72
Rookie

Bacong's Arena

welp, started 0-3 in my Tigers franchise. Allowed 6 runs. scored 3. tough sledding ahead, it seems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »