Home

What stadiums do you plan to build in The Show 21?

This is a discussion on What stadiums do you plan to build in The Show 21? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-14-2021, 01:36 PM   #33
Rookie

douggoud's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: What stadiums do you plan to build in The Show 21?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubHawk1788
I saw MLB 21's Twitter post yesterday, and I'm starting to believe its just one stadium you can build (Either attached to rebranding in Franchise or one for your DD team).

Missed opportunity in my book. Would be cool to be able to save stadiums like rosters, but I guess I don't think about limitations and things like that.

See, here's what I don't get. Why would there be a stadium vault if we can only make one? Worst case, upload the one you make and put it in the vault and make another if that's how they make it.

Me personally, I kinda doubt they'd limit us to one if we have the vault involved. How would we download ones from the vault if we can only have one? They gotta be individual files like players or rosters right? It would be extremely weird and awkward to use if they had it to where it's locked to keeping one at a time, and I'd be willing to bet they're aware of that. They'll clear it up in the streams one way or another.

"All Angels Go To Heaven"
Old 03-14-2021, 01:47 PM   #34
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0

I feel like in one of their videos about it, they said share your creations (plural).

I envision it being similar to what PGA 2k21 has. Each individual stadium (course) is its own save file on your PS4.

The meters in the corner are likely the same. Can only have so many objects per stadium or so much memory taken up per stadium.

They wouldn't be sharable if we could only do one.

I also think on the selection of stadium screen we just get a new option that says user stadiums, like we have now with minors, classic, and MLB stadiums.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 03-14-2021, 02:48 PM   #35
Rookie

BrianMcNulty11's Arena

I was planning on doing mostly MiLB stadiums depending on how SDS is handling the minors now. A few teams got dropped and consolidated into that college summer league now, so hopefully the franchise news tells us how that's gonna be structured.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2021, 02:50 PM   #36
Rookie

BrianMcNulty11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightRises
This is what I’m worried about. Such an amazing feature and I fear they will waste it with moronic decisions like tying it to rebranding or not adding it to play now/exhibition mode. It has all the potential in the world but they have a long history of wasting things with bad decisions.

I figure if I am able to use the Nats at Shippett, dressed as the Expos vs. some AA team then maybe it'll be the same for custom parks. Hopefully.

Old 03-14-2021, 10:29 PM   #37
Rookie

CubHawk1788's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by douggoud
See, here's what I don't get. Why would there be a stadium vault if we can only make one? Worst case, upload the one you make and put it in the vault and make another if that's how they make it.

Me personally, I kinda doubt they'd limit us to one if we have the vault involved. How would we download ones from the vault if we can only have one? They gotta be individual files like players or rosters right? It would be extremely weird and awkward to use if they had it to where it's locked to keeping one at a time, and I'd be willing to bet they're aware of that. They'll clear it up in the streams one way or another.

That's what keeps giving me hope for multiple stadiums. There's no point in a vault if we can only have the one slot.
Old 03-14-2021, 10:30 PM   #38
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubHawk1788
That's what keeps giving me hope for multiple stadiums. There's no point in a vault if we can only have the one slot.
That could be the entire purpose for the vault, actually: you would overwrite any existing park that is saved to your HDD.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-15-2021, 01:26 AM   #39
Rookie

Arod2k9's Arena

OVR: 7

Futuristic theme park in another planet in one of Jupiter's Moon, maybe I watched the "Midnight Sky" too many times.

Old 03-15-2021, 02:17 AM   #40
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
That could be the entire purpose for the vault, actually: you would overwrite any existing park that is saved to your HDD.
That seems like it'd be clumsy implementation to say the least. Someone would have to upload and download their own stadiums (or any others) every time they'd want to play? Definitely possible depending on how big each file would be, but it sounds like that would be tedious over time.

I could see them having a limited number of saved stadiums (3, 5, whatever - depending on file size restrictions), with only one being loaded and "active" at a time, much like roster files.

Obviously we're all guessing here, so who knows? I guess we wait for the streams to detail things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »