Home

Frame Rate Issue Resolved?

This is a discussion on Frame Rate Issue Resolved? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-11-2020, 10:02 PM   #17
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Frame Rate Issue Resolved?

I found a work around, when you notice the game is stuttering, hit the Pause button and turn off your TV screen. Wait for 5 seconds and turn the TV back on and resume play. This method has been working for me and it seems turning off the TV screen fixes the frame rate issue in game.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:54 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0

Really shouldn't have to do this.
Old 05-12-2020, 12:56 AM   #19
Pro

shark547's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipriffe
Interesting about the internet slowing down offline franchise mode frame rates. Any thoughts as to why that might be the case? I agree that the game doesn’t run buttery smooth in 4K and I too play in faster mode although with HDR on. The only real issue that I have is that the pitch meter gets jittery when there’s runners on base. Not sure if that’s a frame rate issue or not. It has cost me a few times with bad pitches caused primarily by the jittery meter. Very frustrating. Anyone else have the jittery pitch meter with runners on base?
I am not a programmer...so I don't know a whole lot, I am sure it has to do with resources. Like when you run custom music the game stops for a second when the new song starts.

Seems like the internet connection must be doing things and causing slow downs.
Old 05-12-2020, 07:52 AM   #20
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfan67
I have a ps4 pro and a Samsung 4k TV, MLB the show is the only game I can't play in 4k.Even faster has framer ate issues and I even rebuilt the database. Still love the game though.
I have a Q90R and noticed random stuttering after the 5th update/patch. Turn off the Judder setting. I'm not in front of my tv, but theres a setting with the judder etc enclosed that you can enable/disable....turn that off if you haven't already.

When the pitcher would pitch to me, I would notice slowdown almost every 5 pitches. Turning off that setting, it went away and I could play on balanced mode again!
Old 05-12-2020, 06:38 PM   #21
Rookie

KariLetsThemIn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipriffe
Interesting about the internet slowing down offline franchise mode frame rates. Any thoughts as to why that might be the case? I agree that the game doesn’t run buttery smooth in 4K and I too play in faster mode although with HDR on. The only real issue that I have is that the pitch meter gets jittery when there’s runners on base. Not sure if that’s a frame rate issue or not. It has cost me a few times with bad pitches caused primarily by the jittery meter. Very frustrating. Anyone else have the jittery pitch meter with runners on base?
I've always assumed that the PS4 is using the internet for background processes, competing for resources with MLBTS. Without an internet connection, those processes stop. Just guesses on my part.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2020, 07:54 AM   #22
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

Well surprisingly enough I turned my internet connection off and for whatever reason it actually helped my frame rate dramatically, even though I only play offline franchise. Thanks!
Old 05-14-2020, 06:26 PM   #23
Pro

shark547's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariLetsThemIn
I've always assumed that the PS4 is using the internet for background processes, competing for resources with MLBTS. Without an internet connection, those processes stop. Just guesses on my part.
I am not sure this doesn't totally end up in the lap of SDS. I have no other game that does this. Even games connected at all times I don't see this.
Old 05-14-2020, 06:35 PM   #24
Rookie

KariLetsThemIn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark547
I am not sure this doesn't totally end up in the lap of SDS. I have no other game that does this. Even games connected at all times I don't see this.
I totally agree. Unfortunately, my framerates have suddenly tanked once I entered the middle of April this season. I love this game when it plays right, but damn is it hard to get it to do so...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »