Old 04-26-2020, 03:25 PM   #17
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Stolen Bases

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallBryan23
I need to try pressing L1 after I press L2 to queue up the steal. The CPU does get in the habit of throwing over when he knows a steal is coming, but it’s a chance I’m willing to take. It really feels like my guys are stuck in quicksand after they finally get their jump. And that shouldn’t happen with good base stealers.

I’ll feel like I should have gotten a massive jump, but then when the pitch is released, my runner is still spinning his wheels getting going to 2nd. Talk about a rally killer!
I've had the same problem as you with stealing. I've tried every method suggested here and none of it works, so I just don't steal anymore. I had a guy with 82 speed 80 steal get thrown it by 2 steps because he didn't leave first until the pitch was almost out of the pitcher's hand

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games
Old 04-26-2020, 03:45 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

My question is what are the minimum numbers I should be attempting steals with? Like is 61 speed and 38 stealing a waste of time or is that a guy who should be taking off a dozen or so times a year? What about 81 speed with 23 steal? I wanna say I even have a guy with 50-something speed but also has 50-something stealing. Thoughts on him?

I’ve had a very slow team for years and years; this is the first season I’ve actually had some decent speed (ranked 6th in the league). But I’m still running my team likes it’s slow because I’m still seeing my fastest guys get throw out at like a 66% clip. If i had to guess I’m probably something like 11 for 26 on the year in almost 100 games.
Old 04-26-2020, 09:49 PM   #19
Rookie

BBallBryan23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
My question is what are the minimum numbers I should be attempting steals with? Like is 61 speed and 38 stealing a waste of time or is that a guy who should be taking off a dozen or so times a year? What about 81 speed with 23 steal? I wanna say I even have a guy with 50-something speed but also has 50-something stealing. Thoughts on him?

I’ve had a very slow team for years and years; this is the first season I’ve actually had some decent speed (ranked 6th in the league). But I’m still running my team likes it’s slow because I’m still seeing my fastest guys get throw out at like a 66% clip. If i had to guess I’m probably something like 11 for 26 on the year in almost 100 games.
It doesn’t even seem to matter. Like I said, in my Royals franchise Whit Merrifield (70+ speed, 70+ steal ability) and Mondesi (90+ speed, 90+ steal ability) are getting thrown out half of the time when I attempt a steal. That just shouldn’t happen.

A combination of terrible reaction to my good jumps, and perfect throws from the catcher. That’s what really kills me. I have yet to see a throw from a catcher that didn’t take the 2nd baseman’s glove right into the runner. It’s maddening.

NCAA - Kansas Jayhawks
MLB - Kansas City Royals, Colorado Rockies
NFL - Kansas City Chiefs, Green Bay Packers
NBA - Milwaukee Bucks, Memphis Grizzlies
Old 04-26-2020, 10:35 PM   #20
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

There is a "glitch" that allows you to steal bases with practically anyone of any speed. It's a shame that sometimes it takes this to steal bases when trying to do everything the right way fails.

Last edited by Mbunn1993; 04-26-2020 at 11:30 PM.
Old 04-26-2020, 10:49 PM   #21
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbunn1993
There is a "glitch" that allows you to steal speed with practically anyone of any speed. It's a shame that sometimes it takes this to steal bases when trying to do everything the right way fails.
What’s the glitch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2020, 11:28 PM   #22
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
What’s the glitch?
Hold R2 (to prevent pitches), take two lead off steps, hold L2 (for steal), then release both L2+R2 at same time when the pitcher is completely set and not moving at all.
Old 04-27-2020, 08:16 AM   #23
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
What I do is press L2 to que up the steal. I then wait until I think the pitcher is going home and I press L1 to get an extra step/jump for the steal attempt.

Just be careful as the pitcher will at times throw over. It's not a guarantee pickoff by any stretch, but it adds to the cat and mouse of baserunning. Also you'll notice the pitcher changing how long he holds the ball before pitching.

CB,

Refresh my memory. one press of L1? Just press and release (or tap it)? Or multiple presses? Or hold down L1.

I did this all the time and know it works well. But this year.....it has been really tough.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-27-2020, 08:34 AM   #24
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
CB,

Refresh my memory. one press of L1? Just press and release (or tap it)? Or multiple presses? Or hold down L1.

I did this all the time and know it works well. But this year.....it has been really tough.
I just press it once.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »