Old 12-17-2019, 08:51 PM   #17
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLBPA Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Ohtani was a special circumstance

He is a foreign player that made headlines coming to play in the MLB and being a two way player.

I don’t think SDS is going to make a habit of signing individual licensing agreements with a lot of players when they can just add them after opening day with their first roster update

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
well... yes they went into all that effort of getting him into the game. but couldn't find a way of using the 2 way player the way it should have that year. we had to use ridiculous work around, by having a 26 man roster dropping and promoting players and subbing out just to have him DH. last year they made it better but still not used the way it should have been.
Old 12-18-2019, 06:30 AM   #18
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
well... yes they went into all that effort of getting him into the game. but couldn't find a way of using the 2 way player the way it should have that year. we had to use ridiculous work around, by having a 26 man roster dropping and promoting players and subbing out just to have him DH. last year they made it better but still not used the way it should have been.

Ahhh I see I fell for the bait post

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-18-2019, 05:33 PM   #19
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Ahhh I see I fell for the bait post

Sorry wasn't suppose to be a bait post, it was just a comment on the efforts they went into on getting that licencing in but didn't implement a very important part in the game. you would think after spending all that money and time making it happen and all the 'talk' it would have been for that reason.

last year we seen face scans in the game that we never seen before... updated during the year.. I think the reason and the ONLY reason this happened was for the march to October mode. people didn't wanna deal with the default rosters, and not being able to play with Vlad etc, the biggest downfall to this is trying to export and import players into 1 whole roster. you can't export face scanned players.. be nice to have a import player option in franchise mode. been asking for years it has never happened. this would solve a lot of our issues with waiting for players to be added to the roster through out the season. people might then actually finish an entire season then.
Old 12-19-2019, 10:04 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

I could see them doing with White what they did with Guerrero, Jimenez, Alonso, Tatis and others last year. He won’t be in the default roster when the game ships, but adding him in the first or second update and having his pic and audio ready to go when they add him.
Old 12-30-2019, 02:03 PM   #21
Contributor

TheKnack's Arena

OVR: 6

This would be awesome.

Pete Alonso is a really, really good comp. Both were/are fringe Top 50 prospects who will play 150+ games for their team in rookie year at 1B.

Luckily, Alonso's pic was in 19. Hopefully the same happens for White. Probably a sleeper for 2020 AL ROtY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggity13
I could see them doing with White what they did with Guerrero, Jimenez, Alonso, Tatis and others last year. He won’t be in the default roster when the game ships, but adding him in the first or second update and having his pic and audio ready to go when they add him.
Sent from my SM-G975U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2020, 06:55 PM   #22
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggity13
The biggest issue with this is. as soon as rosters are ready and made..from roster guys. then they make this update. then work has to be done again to export and import 900 players again.

so maybe the rosters guys might sit back and wait till it happens? or just double the work?? it's hard catch 2020

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »