Home

Sony Partners and Content Creators Testing Beta

This is a discussion on Sony Partners and Content Creators Testing Beta within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 02:25 PM   #73
Rookie

Gatorshow184's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sony Partners and Content Creators Testing Beta

Question. To those who are not happy with MLB The Show, do you still buy it?
Old 01-25-2019, 02:25 PM   #74
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

The community days are a wonderful event. I'm sure the people that went did a great job communicating issues.

I know when I was going different people were brought in to focus on different areas of the game to give feedback and help find and fix bugs.

Some people would focus on gameplay, others rtts, franchise and others art. All the feedback in the world can go, but the game moves in the direction the analytics take it in. For years more people played rtts and that took the majority of the dev cycle.

DD is king now and that is ok. The Show team has great developers and many of them have great ideas but it is about what will help sell the game.

I'm a franchise mode guy, but I understand. What I hope is that they come back that direction. Many sports franchises that have dominated lost a crowd and were never the same and I think of nba live in the 90s and 2000s...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2019, 02:26 PM   #75
Pro

Themayorofawsometown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorshow184
Question. To those who are not happy with MLB The Show, do you still buy it?
You can be disappointed in something and still think it's good

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk
Miami Heat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2019, 02:27 PM   #76
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
The only issue I have with this thread is the issue I've had for the last few years at OS, which is the fact that any naysayers of the Show are instantly ridiculed and labeled as "the problem with the community." Clearly countryboy and Armor love the show the way it is and that's awesome, more power to them. But there are a LARGE contingent of users here that don't, we are disappointed in certain modes being largely ignored and we should not be ridiculed or labeled as the problem because we voice our displeasure with the game. And we CERTAINLY should not be blamed for pushing the devs off the site. If the devs left the site because they couldn't take the criticism, that's on them, it isn't our fault for speaking our minds. However if you've been to "their" forums, it seems the criticism over there HIGHLY outweighs the criticism here so I'm fairly certain that isn't why they left. As someone just said, it seems they may have left because their focus went away from franchise (OS) and went to DD (Show Forums). It may be as simple as that.
You need to refrain from bringing me up in this type of post in the future. It isn't needed, warranted, nor appreciated.

With that said, I have my own issues with the Show in its current state. There are plenty of things that I wish would be fixed, improved, added, or what have you. The fact that I don't plaster these "wants/issues" in every thread possible doesn't mean that I find the game perfect in its current state. I post them when and where needed and then go about my business.

Yes..I find enjoyment in the Show '18. I have played the hell out of it, and yes I make it known on the forums how much I enjoy the game. I choose to focus on what the game does right rather than what it does "wrong". I'm of the belief that while its important to point out where someone/the game comes up short, I think its equally important to point out where someone/the game succeeds.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-25-2019, 02:31 PM   #77
Rookie

Gatorshow184's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themayorofawsometown
You can be disappointed in something and still think it's good

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk
I agree. I was just curious if some in here stopped buying it.
Old 01-25-2019, 02:38 PM   #78
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorshow184
The main thing that puzzles me is why people think roster creator's should get invited for game play input. Common sense should say, invite people the log hundreds of hours playing the game.

If it was a roster making input event, then invite those who help create rosters. Those people who put hundreds of hours into the rosters.
I'm more puzzled where you've got the notion that they wanted to go to a game play input event from? Millennium claimed they wanted it, but they flat out said they didn't, they just wanted an avenue to give their input.

The point being that there is no "roster making input event", or even a "Roster making input email exchange". They feel ignored and you cannot blame them and other people in the community, like myself, aren't crazy about the fact that they don't care about the roster makers input and fear (maybe unfairly, who knows) it's indicative of certain things
Old 01-25-2019, 02:48 PM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
You need to refrain from bringing me up in this type of post in the future. It isn't needed, warranted, nor appreciated.

With that said, I have my own issues with the Show in its current state. There are plenty of things that I wish would be fixed, improved, added, or what have you. The fact that I don't plaster these "wants/issues" in every thread possible doesn't mean that I find the game perfect in its current state. I post them when and where needed and then go about my business.

Yes..I find enjoyment in the Show '18. I have played the hell out of it, and yes I make it known on the forums how much I enjoy the game. I choose to focus on what the game does right rather than what it does "wrong". I'm of the belief that while its important to point out where someone/the game comes up short, I think its equally important to point out where someone/the game succeeds.
First and foremost, I don't "need" to do anything. If you "would like me" to refrain from mentioning you, I will.
Secondly, I'm all for focusing on what the show does right. Again, my point was that those who focus on what the show does wrong in order to improve it shouldn't be ridiculed for it.
Old 01-25-2019, 02:50 PM   #80
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Sony Partners and Content Creators Testing Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
The only issue I have with this thread is the issue I've had for the last few years at OS, which is the fact that any naysayers of the Show are instantly ridiculed and labeled as "the problem with the community." Clearly countryboy and Armor love the show the way it is and that's awesome, more power to them. But there are a LARGE contingent of users here that don't, we are disappointed in certain modes being largely ignored and we should not be ridiculed or labeled as the problem because we voice our displeasure with the game. And we CERTAINLY should not be blamed for pushing the devs off the site. If the devs left the site because they couldn't take the criticism, that's on them, it isn't our fault for speaking our minds. However if you've been to "their" forums, it seems the criticism over there HIGHLY outweighs the criticism here so I'm fairly certain that isn't why they left. As someone just said, it seems they may have left because their focus went away from franchise (OS) and went to DD (Show Forums). It may be as simple as that.

You sir are just always stepping over the line. You obviously know absolutely nothing about me and what I think can be improved upon with this game. I have had discussions at length with plenty of OS'ers on my streams about things that would be great if added to The Show. I have had direct contact with some SDS dev team members on bugs, and things that needed to be cleaned up....especially on 17 which they did a wonderful job of listening and cleaned up on 18 incredible well. You see going on a public message board and thumping my chest and posting look at me posts blasting SDS is pure nonsense and not the way adults communicate. But go ahead....call me out as thinking the game is fine. Your passive aggressive posts are pathetic. They are clearly trolling and quite frankly I have had it with you yet again. Going on ignore and quite frankly the fact you have not been permanently banned is mind numbing at this point. You bring absolutely nothing here except your insane agenda each and every year about how the game is not good, not this, not that, not doing this, not able to do that.

We all know the faults inherent with the game......you ever think for a single solitary second that maybe...just maybe..it is a video game and it will never ever be perfect?

The fact that I understand how to communicate in a mature matter confuses you into this boneheaded mentality "he must be a fanboi" because he loves the game.

Yes..you are absolutely right about one thing, I do indeed love this game. Big time. But anyone who has interacted with me knows that I am always pointing out things that can be improved upon both ion the diamond and off it.

I just don't have to tirelessly post about it here in thread after thread after thread.

The agenda's here are insane.

I get my greatest pleasure posting sliders, settings, helping with rosters and embracing what the game does right....and it does so much right and most do agree it does.

When they make mistakes or need improvements I will forward my concerns to people who have a voice and I have had the pleasure of being able to interact privately with some of the outstanding Dev team members of SDS who are just as passionate about baseball as I am.

I have played at the high school and junior college level, and have coached baseball at the majors level in travel as well as middle school and high school players for over 15 years now. I love the game of baseball. I love working with young aspiring ball players and teaching them the mental side of the game that they so very much need to master just to have any chance to play at the next level (college). I live and breath it on the ball field 6 days a week 10 months a year down here in South Florida.

Baseball is a huge part of my life. And being objective is a big part of decisions I make all the time on rosters, playing time etc.

I am highly objective with this game. When I see something wrong I point it out. But when I see a post like Madden is a far better franchise mode.....yeah ok...explain that to me. I play both games extensively. What can I do in Madden franchise mode...I can't in The Show?

Serious question.

But...me questioning that makes me a fan boi......ok man. Have a nice life. And your personal passive aggressive attacks being tolerated still is ridiculous already. You are the definition of a troll.

The only person I ever have ridiculed in this community....is you. With this post. Because I am sick and tired of your utter BS.
Madden 21 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 01-25-2019 at 03:27 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »