Home

Official MLB 18 : Road to the Show Thread

This is a discussion on Official MLB 18 : Road to the Show Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-23-2018, 05:32 AM   #49
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Official MLB 18 : Road to the Show Thread

Popped up my game before I had to go to work. Transferred my first baseman from 17 who technically is a right fielder but I agreed to help the organization out LOL I hate it anywho he carried over at a 89 overall. His adjusted overall is 96. For what it's worth none of my equipment boost carried over there are no equipment boost to help those in question

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 03-23-2018, 05:35 AM   #50
Developer

Smerka's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
Wow. Carried my guy over who was a 90. Now he's a 54. Unacceptable for somebody about to be in his 4th MLB Season. I know they said we still would pick an archetype, but they also said are rating would just decrease over time in an attribute we were to high on.

This is ruining my carry over guy right now.
Can you provide any information, regarding your 90 player? What position? What archetype did you select? What were his stats, prior to bringing him over?

54 OVR sounds like a starting OVR.

Crazy question, did you happen to experience either the Bowman Scout Day or the Topps Showcase game(s)?

Last edited by Smerka; 03-23-2018 at 05:41 AM.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:09 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 2

I created a test SS RRTS player in MLB 18 (which may turn into my RTTS player despite me thinking I wanted to be a pitcher) and I will find enjoyment in the RTTS mode if I can play the entire games and not just my own batting and and fielding plays. So far I have been able to get into the game immediately after my first time batting where I press the "O - Watch Game" button and from that point on when fielding I am at SS for every pitch of every inning, and when at bat I am in the dugout I watching my teammates bat and then of course at the plate when it's my turn to bat. It was only the rookie prospects game, but I thought this was a cool experience. I was actually playing in a baseball game as the short stop. For those who think baseball should never take more than a couple of minutes to play, they wouldn't be interested in this format. But I enjoyed it.

Here is my question ... Is there anyway to start off the game like this? I can't figure it out. The "O - Watch Game" button only appears after my first at bat. I observed the same behavior as a RTTS pitcher in MLB 17, but I was able to press the "O - Watch Game" button after the first half inning I pitched. But as a positional player it could take 2 or 3 innings before you get in the game because of where you may be in the batting order and unless I am mistaken we as RTTS players can't adjust the batting orders can we?

If I can play full games like this as a RTTS positional player, I will forget about what SDS did to Season Mode play.

Last edited by My993C2; 03-23-2018 at 06:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2018, 06:37 AM   #52
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Is there a way to watch the "result play," for games we are not even playing in? The reason I ask is because I'm thinking about creating a pitcher (I've played as a pitcher in the past but it's been a few years), but I'd like to be able to see what happens with my team in the playoffs specifically as opposed to just having it simulate instantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 03-23-2018, 06:39 AM   #53
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
Here is my question ... Is there anyway to start off the game like this? I can't figure it out. The "O - Watch Game" button only appears after my first at bat. I observed the same behavior as a RTTS pitcher in MLB 17, but I was able to press the "O - Watch Game" button after the first half inning I pitched.
Nope, SDS removed the ability to watch the entire game ( from the very first pitch ) in MLB The Show 16.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:35 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBunny
Nope, SDS removed the ability to watch the entire game ( from the very first pitch ) in MLB The Show 16.
They like removing things don't they.

Will they remove Otani if he fails to make the Angels? Probably not. Otani represents $$$ to SDS.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:18 AM   #55
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smerka
Can you provide any information, regarding your 90 player? What position? What archetype did you select? What were his stats, prior to bringing him over?

54 OVR sounds like a starting OVR.

Crazy question, did you happen to experience either the Bowman Scout Day or the Topps Showcase game(s)?
I am a LF. After picking the Solid Option archetype and finding out I was a 54, I backed out and picked the others to see a difference. Same result.

The scout guy came up to me and they mentioned the showcase to pick my archetype, other then that it was as if it was a regular carry-over.

I am in my 5th season overall, entering my 4th MLB season. I was a 90OVR heading in. I had 80 contact and power both sides. I brought him over at the very start of the season, So I had no stats, but in the most previous year I hit .327/31hr/104rbi.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2018, 10:28 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0

is there a way to turn the cut scenes and replays off (like in NBA2k)?

I know you can press a button to skip........I'd rather not have them at all (full players perspective experience is what I prefer - I even turn off the commentary)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »