Home

MLB The Show 17 Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-25-2017, 09:29 AM   #49
Rookie

hazelhood19's Arena

OVR: 3
re: MLB The Show 17 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
So what so you guys think of HDR? I gotta say, I toggled it back off and the colors pop more with it off. HDR making it look kind of washed out I think.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
That definitely shouldn't be the case. Something is off in your settings. Make sure your backlight is all the way up for HDR content.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:32 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 4

Even without a PS4 pro or a 4K tv the game looks great as always. There are different kinds of hits that are instantly obvious. The new commentary is great and so refreshing.

The sound odd the bat is meh IMO. Also, the different commentators have a different "sound" to each which doesn't sound natural. Again, my opinion.

Overall--another great job by Sony San Diego!

Last edited by drsonoma; 03-25-2017 at 09:40 AM.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:45 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelhood19
That definitely shouldn't be the case. Something is off in your settings. Make sure your backlight is all the way up for HDR content.
It may also just be my eyes getting adjusted to this new Sony 4K TV. I was gaming on a Samsung 1080p the last 6 years.

I took 2 screenshots. One with HDR on and one with it off and HDR on looked better.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2017, 09:47 AM   #52
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Last warning, no media to be posted. Also if you have no provided proof to a Mod please do not post comments in this thread. If you have questions please use Q&A Thread or PM person directly.

Thank you. We are trying to keep this thread organized for all to view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 03-25-2017, 09:51 AM   #53
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Ok. I played a few games last night and I am blown away as to how well the game plays and how the game looks graphically. I am currently playing on a PS4 Pro with a 4k/HDR set and the game never looked better.

I am so happy that SDS gave us 3 video options to choose from. I tried all 3 different video options and have settled with "Enhanced Video" I feel that this setting offers me the best of both worlds (Stunning visuals and great Framerate).

4k looks gorgeous but frame rate takes a hit with this option. Its not bad at all and still playable. With the 4K option, the frame rate reminds me of what we got in MLB 16 which, in my opinion, is not a bad thing considering that is what we are all used to. However, the better frame rate with Enhanced and HFR mode is very noticeable and a welcomed addition.

I imported my franchise from MLB 16 and the player models look fantastic and very much improved. The created players from 16 look better as well, especially when it comes to skin tone. The player animations and ball physics look great. The AI is also noticeably better and smart when it comes to pitching and getting out of jams. I am playing on Hall Of Fame default and I am enjoying how the CPU is pitching to me. If the AI senses that I am free swinging, they will continue to throw junk. If they see that I am patient and am taking the first pitch or taking until I get a first strike, they will pound the strike zone.

The one thing I would like to figure out is how to record video and clips with HDR without having weird colors when you want to upload highlights. Playing in Enhanced/4K and HDR, I do not want to go back to 1080p if I don't have to. Not sure if this is something that can be fixed or not.

All in all, I feel MLB 17 the Show is what we all wanted. Stunning visuals, great frame rate, much improved commentary, better player models, and, as always, great gameplay. I can't wait to see what SDS comes up with next year but in the meantime, I will be enjoying the hell out of MLB 17.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-25-2017, 10:28 AM   #54
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

I turned my color setting on my tv up 10 notches and holy moly. Looks amazing.

I finished transfering over all the blue jays as well as the top 100 prospects according to mlb.com from OSFM roster last year. Loaded up walk ups and stadium music in SOTS for the first couple teams and started my franchise. Im so in love with this game. I slept 4 hours yesterday and the day before and its not looking much better tonight.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:42 AM   #55
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty

I finished transfering over all the blue jays as well as the top 100 prospects according to mlb.com from OSFM roster last year. Loaded up walk ups and stadium music in SOTS for the first couple teams and started my franchise. Im so in love with this game. I slept 4 hours yesterday and the day before and its not looking much better tonight.

U mind sharing your roster?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2017, 11:52 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty

I'm gonna try bumping color up a bit on mine to see if it makes a big difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »