Home

Official MLB The Show 16 Fantasy Draft Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on Official MLB The Show 16 Fantasy Draft Franchise Progress Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-17-2016, 02:54 PM   #57
Rookie

Frostball's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official MLB The Show 16 Fantasy Draft Franchise Progress Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostball
Saw this thread and figured I would do a draft to eat up time before the Rosters are dropped later today.

So used Miami and got the 29th Pick

Line Up AGE OVR
C Kyle Schwarber (3rd RD) 23 80
1B Greg Bird (12th RD) 23 79
2B Jonathan Schoop (10th RD) 24 78
SS Carlos Correa (1st RD) 21 91
3B Maikel Franco (7th RD) 23 83
LF Christian Yelich (6th RD) 24 81
CF Marcell Ozuna (11th RD) 25 77
RF Miguel Sano (5th RD) 22 85

Bench
C Andrew Susac (22nd RD) 26 73
3B Kelly Johnson (18th RD) 1B,2B,LF,RF 34 75
2B Jose Peraza (19th RD) SS,CF 21 72
LF Eric Young Jr. (21st RD) 2B,CF,RF 30 69
RF Marlon Byrd (23rd RD) LF 38 80

Starters
SP Noah Syndergaard (2nd RD) 23 89
SP Raisel Iglesias (4th RD) 26 84
SP John Lackey (13th RD) 37 81
SP Vince Velasquez (14th RD) 23 79
SP Tyler Duffey (16th RD) 25 77

Bullpen
LRP Brett Oberholtzer (17th RD) LH 26 74
MR Arquimedes Caminero (20th RD) RH 28 76
MR Tanner Scheppers (24th RD) RH 29 70
MR Javier Lopez (25th RD) LH 38 76
SU Kevin Siegrist (9th RD) LH 26 78
SU Brad Ziegler (15th RD) RH 36 79
CP Ken Giles (8th RD) RH 25 86

Played my first game with them:

Won 5-1 at Home Vs Detroit Dynamic Diff, Quick Counts on

Miami Notables
Yelich 2-4 1 Run 1 RBI
Correa 3-4 2 Runs 3 RBI 2 Doubles 1 Homerun 1 K
Schwarber 0-4
Franco 0-4

Syndergaard W 7 IP 5 H 1 ER 13 K

Detroit Notables
Kris Bryant 1-4
Drew Stubbs 3-4 1 Double
G. Stanton 0-4 3 K
Justin Upton 0-4 3 K
Ben Zobrist 2-4 1 Run 1 RBI 1 Double 1 Homerun

H. Iwakuma L 5 IP 6 Hits 4 ER 4 K
Old 04-17-2016, 03:42 PM   #58
Rookie

So, I haven't done this yet because I don't have this year's game yet. (I just ordered a ps4 and the game on Amazon. Pretty much getting ps4 for the show.)

I had a really fun idea for a fantasy draft franchise and I tried a version of it in last year's game. Basically this is the idea: build my team with the best 9 or 10 pitchers I can get, regardless of starters or relievers, and very versatile position players. Have an NL team without the DH and rarely, if ever, let a pitcher hit. This means that each pitcher will pitch pretty often, but only ever pitch 1-3 innings at a time. The "starter" will never get a win. I'll probably have lots of holds and a decent amount of saves. A lot of double switches. The whole mentality is maximizing ABs. Players like Sam Fuld would be much more valuable on a team like this being able to come in late most games and steal a base/play strong defense. I can stack the team so that three or four pitchers end up getting the bulk of the wins, which could be very interesting. Most position players would end up playing every game. I can make great use of platoon players.

The only problem I ran into in my "test" from last year's game was anytime I warmed up a starter and brought him in (even when I have him in the bullpen and not rotation) his energy level is at about 75%. I'm wondering if I need to edit all pitchers to be relievers to fix this.

I know this is a different way to play baseball, but it seems like it could be a fun experiment. Anyone have any comments or ideas/strategies for drafting and running a team like this? I definitely want to target players like Kyle schwarber or buster posey who can catch and play in the field. Players who can play both the infield and outfield are also helpful. Ben zobrist. Josh harrison. I'm also not opposed to editing some players positions as long as it's reasonable, such as Carlos correa adding 3B as a secondary position. Not gonna make Papi an outfielder though. I'd like to avoid the older DHs who really don't play the field in real life. I look forward to hearing what people think of this!
Old 04-17-2016, 03:59 PM   #59
Rookie

Frostball's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipahoward2
So, I haven't done this yet because I don't have this year's game yet. (I just ordered a ps4 and the game on Amazon. Pretty much getting ps4 for the show.)

I had a really fun idea for a fantasy draft franchise and I tried a version of it in last year's game. Basically this is the idea: build my team with the best 9 or 10 pitchers I can get, regardless of starters or relievers, and very versatile position players. Have an NL team without the DH and rarely, if ever, let a pitcher hit. This means that each pitcher will pitch pretty often, but only ever pitch 1-3 innings at a time. The "starter" will never get a win. I'll probably have lots of holds and a decent amount of saves. A lot of double switches. The whole mentality is maximizing ABs. Players like Sam Fuld would be much more valuable on a team like this being able to come in late most games and steal a base/play strong defense. I can stack the team so that three or four pitchers end up getting the bulk of the wins, which could be very interesting. Most position players would end up playing every game. I can make great use of platoon players.

The only problem I ran into in my "test" from last year's game was anytime I warmed up a starter and brought him in (even when I have him in the bullpen and not rotation) his energy level is at about 75%. I'm wondering if I need to edit all pitchers to be relievers to fix this.

I know this is a different way to play baseball, but it seems like it could be a fun experiment. Anyone have any comments or ideas/strategies for drafting and running a team like this? I definitely want to target players like Kyle schwarber or buster posey who can catch and play in the field. Players who can play both the infield and outfield are also helpful. Ben zobrist. Josh harrison. I'm also not opposed to editing some players positions as long as it's reasonable, such as Carlos correa adding 3B as a secondary position. Not gonna make Papi an outfielder though. I'd like to avoid the older DHs who really don't play the field in real life. I look forward to hearing what people think of this!
Sounds like an interesting idea, would like to see how your season would fair
Old 04-17-2016, 04:07 PM   #60
Rookie

I started a fantasy draft franchise right when the game came out but I'll be deleting that one and starting anew when the OSFM rosters drop. I'll make sure to check back and post my roster. Can't wait.
Old 04-17-2016, 04:09 PM   #61
Rookie

Frostball's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickeeFingaz
I started a fantasy draft franchise right when the game came out but I'll be deleting that one and starting anew when the OSFM rosters drop. I'll make sure to check back and post my roster. Can't wait.

Looking forward to seeing what your team comes out as
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2016, 04:19 PM   #62
Rookie

Just for fun, who would you guys take with the 1st overall if you got that pick?
Old 04-17-2016, 04:24 PM   #63
Rookie

Frostball's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickeeFingaz
Just for fun, who would you guys take with the 1st overall if you got that pick?

1st overall that is tough to many choices

Damn................

Trout or Correa

I took Correa with my first pick 29th pick, but having the first pick means I could take Trout. Man that is tough
Old 04-17-2016, 04:24 PM   #64
Pro

J_smith2190's Arena

Bryce harper

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »