Home

Anyone chew or sunflower seeds or gum while playing the show?

This is a discussion on Anyone chew or sunflower seeds or gum while playing the show? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-23-2016, 10:56 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone chew or sunflower seeds or gum while playing the show?

In all the years Ive played the show I never did dip, eat seeds or chew bubble gum. That is about to change this year though as I have picked up the unfortunate yet amazing habbit of dipping after joining a few mens softball teams. Like someone said earlier, I play video games much better with a lip in. Its probably nothing more than just being relaxed and just enjoying the feel of it in but I dont play without one in unless I get stringy spit and then I have to take it out and drink loads of water.

Dip of choice atm is Cope Mint (just recently started selling it in STL), Skoal Citrus, Skoal Cherry, Skoal Apple (only sometimes as the flavor can get old quick), Grizz Mint/Wintergreen. I can't settle on a flavor so I just alternate as I'm new to dipping so I'm just currently exploring my options. lol. Cope Mint is by far my favorite so far. Stays packed well, much softer than Grizz, has a slightly sweeter flavor than Grizzly's mint and its also a lot less salty.

For all of you on the edge of whether or not to dip, I can honestly tell you that its amazing but terrible. I hate that I do it but I love to do it. At first it may make you sick but after a month or so that will go away. Then you'll ride the buzz period for about a month or so and then when that goes, its no more buzz, a slight sting and an addiction. I don't necessarily recommend anyone to get addicted to anything as it eats money, is bad for your health and can at times make your gums pretty sore. Don't let people tell you theres fiberglass in dip either. Its a myth. There is salt in dip and some dips have more than others and when the salt crystals form together it can at times look reflective and lead you to believe there is fiberglass in it. There isnt. People think there is because they think thats how you absorb the nicotine thats in dip. Thats false. If there was fiberglass it would cause small micro cuts on your lips and gums. This would then cause bleeding which would then interact with the nicotine and actually clot your cut which would not allow you to absorb the nicotine. You absorb the nicotine through your salivary glans and the reason your gums get sore is because you have something sitting in your gum line for sometimes an hour, hour and a half at a time.

Sorry for the book.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:44 PM   #50
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

OVR: 13

Giants' Bacon Ranch seeds and a Coke Zero. Must haves for anything baseball related.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:25 AM   #51
Pro

I usually play in the morning so like a real manager I'm grumpy and drinking coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2016, 12:41 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3

I normally eat sunflower seeds with a spit cup by my side playing.
Old 03-24-2016, 07:12 AM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by showaddict
Always eat a pound bag of seeds per series. Fast play. Quick counts.
Rip to your sodium levels. A serving size of seeds is enough sodium for the whole day can't imagine what a pound bag is 😖. I used to knock back seeds like crazy too but had to cut them from my diet to watch my sodium intake.

To answer the question: I hardly snack while gaming. If I'm gaming, I'm usually paying 100% attention to what's on screen, even in The Show. I also stand up when I play so I'm not always the most relaxed. I don't even notice it though until I'm done. My feet will be a little sore.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:25 AM   #54
Rookie

ajsas's Arena

Thanks for the grinds info. I dip only while playing softball (so, maybe 30 nights a year total), but still, bad is bad. This looks like a perfect alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealyerface
After quitting chew after 20 years, started at 18 quit at 38, I have been clean now for eight years.

I can urge you guys to quit, but I know how that goes, so I'll just say that I have switched over to Grinds Coffee Pouches.

Still get that burn I loved so much, and I am not sure the coffee actually does anything for me, as I drink so much all day, but I do like the flavor, and the feeling of the chew in my lip.

I hope that you young guys find a way to beat this, and will take Uncle Stealy's advice.

Find some other habit, this one is really bad.

~syf
Old 03-24-2016, 08:59 AM   #55
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschie

But as far as baseball food goes, I do like to steam some Vienna Beef hotdogs and wrap them in tinfoil so that they taste like they're from the ballpark. It works too, it's the same brand as the Cubs use. I also like to keep the window open so that it feels like I'm in the stands in April. I even bought a bulb that mimics real sunlight so that it can feel like a daygame, and I turn it off if it's a night game. However, I couldn't quite get the idea of ivy on the wall past my wife or my landlady.

I'm just lucky that I don't take this whole realism thing too far.
You good sir... have issues...
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2016, 07:30 PM   #56
Just started!

Copenhagen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »