Home

I SWEAR, the game cheats, or hates me.. LOL

This is a discussion on I SWEAR, the game cheats, or hates me.. LOL within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 02:54 AM   #49
Rookie

misch13fRoyale's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: I SWEAR, the game cheats, or hates me.. LOL

This post made my day, I swear it's like "misery loves company" when reading all your weird occurrence posts.

Just today I'm up 6-3 in the 5th inning playing as the Dodgers v the D'backs at chase field. Brandon McCarthy on the hill, pitching a solid game, OUT OF NOWHERE, I get the dreaded injury message, that he might've suffered a broken hand, and that he had to be removed....( like literally the game decided, I'm kicking *** and it's time to pull the plug) So I turn to the bullpen, and I'm left wondering wtf, he didn't try and field a ball hit back to him... Nope didn't happen. So whatever I went with it. Then, he next inning, Peralta crushes 412ft bomb to left, it's 6-4.... Aaron comes up in 7th, with a man on, and crushes another pitch to dead center AT CHASE, which ls like a million feet.... And that yellow home run line that goes way up, well, the ball bounced off the wall...high, and Pederson fielded re ball and the home run siren goes off, it's a 2 run shot..... But before anything I thought it was weird, so I look at the replay, and THE BALL MEVER CLEARED THE YELLOW LINE..... It bounces about 10 feet under the yellow line at center.... I was crackkkkking up, anyways they ended up beating me in a walk off sac fly in the bottom of the 9th after somehow I walked 2 batters, which I swear every pitch I carefully tried to put on the corners and they all magically missed....

The game has a ghostly come back logic and it's BRUTAL....
Los Angeles Lakers
Los Angeles Dodgers
Los Angeles Galaxy
Old 05-25-2015, 11:21 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by misch13fRoyale
This post made my day, I swear it's like "misery loves company" when reading all your weird occurrence posts.

Just today I'm up 6-3 in the 5th inning playing as the Dodgers v the D'backs at chase field. Brandon McCarthy on the hill, pitching a solid game, OUT OF NOWHERE, I get the dreaded injury message, that he might've suffered a broken hand, and that he had to be removed....( like literally the game decided, I'm kicking *** and it's time to pull the plug) So I turn to the bullpen, and I'm left wondering wtf, he didn't try and field a ball hit back to him... Nope didn't happen. So whatever I went with it. Then, he next inning, Peralta crushes 412ft bomb to left, it's 6-4.... Aaron comes up in 7th, with a man on, and crushes another pitch to dead center AT CHASE, which ls like a million feet.... And that yellow home run line that goes way up, well, the ball bounced off the wall...high, and Pederson fielded re ball and the home run siren goes off, it's a 2 run shot..... But before anything I thought it was weird, so I look at the replay, and THE BALL MEVER CLEARED THE YELLOW LINE..... It bounces about 10 feet under the yellow line at center.... I was crackkkkking up, anyways they ended up beating me in a walk off sac fly in the bottom of the 9th after somehow I walked 2 batters, which I swear every pitch I carefully tried to put on the corners and they all magically missed....

The game has a ghostly come back logic and it's BRUTAL....
Meanwhile I have Lincecum take a liner off the head and be alright lol I've had some brutal comebacks against me as well. I've learned from my ps1/2 days to not throw the controller. Went through way to many of them back then lol I still get pissed and say every word in the book then just shut it off. Comeback logic is far to out there this year. But definitely post of the year lol
Old 05-25-2015, 12:49 PM   #51
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

OVR: 0

The thing is, even if there is "comeback logic" it doesn't happen every game so it's still fairly realistic most of the time. Let's face it, some days a bullpen just can't seem to get anyone out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2015, 01:05 PM   #52
Rookie

I just had the worst loss I can imagine. 2-2 bottom of the 9th an error and a hit gives the White Sox runners on 1st and second. Then Ramirez tries a sacrifice bunt but it ends up being a hit(of course). Gallapsie then comes up as a pinch hitter and tries a suicide squeeze, misses the bunt, but their runners still slides in safe as my catcher decides to not even try to tag him.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:55 PM   #53
Rookie

misch13fRoyale's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub
The thing is, even if there is "comeback logic" it doesn't happen every game so it's still fairly realistic most of the time. Let's face it, some days a bullpen just can't seem to get anyone out.

Oh absolutely agree. If it weren't for that "comeback logic" he game would be stale, or too cookie cutter. But that HR that wasn't a HR, and my pitcher magically suffering a broken hand had me "lol"
Los Angeles Lakers
Los Angeles Dodgers
Los Angeles Galaxy
Old 05-25-2015, 02:02 PM   #54
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by misch13fRoyale
Oh absolutely agree. If it weren't for that "comeback logic" he game would be stale, or too cookie cutter. But that HR that wasn't a HR, and my pitcher magically suffering a broken hand had me "lol"
The HR is definitely a problem, could even be an actual bug in the game with Arizona's stadium. The pitcher getting hurt is definitely feasible as pitcher's go down all the time unexpectedly although I would question the game choosing a broken hand to just suddenly happen.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:01 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 11

In my fantasy drafted Jay career, had yordano Ventura take a no no into the 9th. Struck out the first two. Thennnnn Jon Jay smacks a triple then Cuddyer a double. Luckily that was it as Ventura proceeded to strike out his 9th to end the game and the victory against Tampa.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2015, 03:06 PM   #56
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

My royals team was stacked, 3 years in they won 120 games, I only played maybe 10 of those, but every playoff game. This ALDS series had me not playing the game for 3 days. Against the blue jays who won just 86 games all year.

I win game one 11-0, duffy complete game shutout only gave up 2 hits

I lose game two 5-2 because I just couldn't hit with RISP, 10 hits but couldn't get them in

I lose game three 6-5 when chris davis hits a three run bomb off greg hollan in the bottom of the 9th, I felt like a kid in school when all the other kids are laughing

I win game four 9-2 because I got that game one starter that I can just destroy, 4 homeruns in the first two innings and then no more runs.

Game 5 I'm down 3-2 in the bottom of the 9th, only had two hits all game when I string 3 singles together with no outs, bases loaded no outs, should be able to tie this game at the least, but salvy hits a hard lineout to 3rd where the guy is right on the bag to double up hosmer, I got very angry. so I get a base hit into short center and decide lorenzo cain can make it, their center field throws a mother****ing bullet to the plate and tags me, I want to look at the replay, it's that close, but I can't.. the game is over, my season is over, blue jays are hugging at the k. that's baseball.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »