Home

MLB 15 trade discussion thread

This is a discussion on MLB 15 trade discussion thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-20-2015, 12:12 PM   #841
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: MLB 15 trade discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger18
You could land Segura for very minimal. Gennet is also an option.

Both are obtainable without Shipley or Bradley. Lamb is a decent option depending if you wanna give him up.

Toussaint or Blair should be enough paired with something small. Reed could help a lot too for other players.
I wouldn't say minimal as Segura still has value, It's just hard for me to gauge it.

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2015, 12:17 PM   #842
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameRoN0407
I wouldn't say minimal as Segura still has value, It's just hard for me to gauge it.
Sorry, by minimal I mean like lower end prospects such as the one I mentioned. Having Sardinas helps your cause. Segura has value, but it isn't a ton, especially if he isn't playing well.

Do you like any deals with those players I mentioned?
Old 04-20-2015, 12:32 PM   #843
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ugh, never post before your morning coffee.

Yeah, for the Padres, a package of Despaigne and middling position prospect should get it done for Segura.

As for the Diamondbacks, I don't know about Jake Lamb. The kid is like the only thing going right for that team so far, and I'm just not sure what the Brewers would do with him for the rest of the year. Can't bench him, but they can't bench A-Ram either. I also can't imagine the Brewers would be interested in Owings or Ahmed. So it's probably going to have to be some kind of prospect package.

Segura does still have some value for sure. A guy who won't cost you anything with his glove and is feast or famine with his bat. Personally, I would offer up something like Leyba, Barrett, and Robbie Ray and see what kind of response that garnered. The Brewers season has gone so bad so fast, they might not need any of Arizona's blue chippers to get the deal done.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:34 PM   #844
Pro

hampshirestags's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameRoN0407
I'm not sure his value changed much from last year. He's got decent projections and I expect a bounce back year now that the rumored personal issues are resolved. In the end, I think it's Shipley. Other teams would be putting together similar packages and MIL could use a young arm, everybody wins.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:38 PM   #845
Rookie

Long time reader, first time poster..

I'm just starting a franchise with my Reds and I'm already in sell mode. Cueto, Chapman, Leake, and Phillips are the 4 guys I'm looking to dump for some talented prospects. I realize this will make my team hardly playable for the next 2 years, but the Reds will not be able to keep Cueto with his contract expiring, Chapman should have tons of return value, and Leake and Phillips are mostly just to dump salary. That being said, I have a few top prospects in mind I'd like to land, but one of the biggest weaknesses for the Reds is their awful bullpen.. so who are the young relievers, majors or prospects, you guys would suggest targeting?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2015, 12:43 PM   #846
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampshirestags
I'm not sure his value changed much from last year. He's got decent projections and I expect a bounce back year now that the rumored personal issues are resolved. In the end, I think it's Shipley. Other teams would be putting together similar packages and MIL could use a young arm, everybody wins.
He was a replacement level SS last year who didn't even get on base 30% of the time. His numbers were low, and while he did have personal issues, that doesn't mean his value stays the same. His value certainly decrease, but not to the point where he isn't worth one of a team's T10 prospects.

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins
Old 04-20-2015, 12:46 PM   #847
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloNbyU
Long time reader, first time poster..

I'm just starting a franchise with my Reds and I'm already in sell mode. Cueto, Chapman, Leake, and Phillips are the 4 guys I'm looking to dump for some talented prospects. I realize this will make my team hardly playable for the next 2 years, but the Reds will not be able to keep Cueto with his contract expiring, Chapman should have tons of return value, and Leake and Phillips are mostly just to dump salary. That being said, I have a few top prospects in mind I'd like to land, but one of the biggest weaknesses for the Reds is their awful bullpen.. so who are the young relievers, majors or prospects, you guys would suggest targeting?

Thanks!
Personally, I would say sell off either Cueto or Chapman and resign the other. But if you're going into full rebuild, selling them both will get you tons of value. What prospects exactly do you have in mind? That can help us set a starting point, as a lot of teams want Cueto and Chapman.

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins
Old 04-20-2015, 12:46 PM   #848
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R._Rider
Ugh, never post before your morning coffee.

Yeah, for the Padres, a package of Despaigne and middling position prospect should get it done for Segura.

As for the Diamondbacks, I don't know about Jake Lamb. The kid is like the only thing going right for that team so far, and I'm just not sure what the Brewers would do with him for the rest of the year. Can't bench him, but they can't bench A-Ram either. I also can't imagine the Brewers would be interested in Owings or Ahmed. So it's probably going to have to be some kind of prospect package.

Segura does still have some value for sure. A guy who won't cost you anything with his glove and is feast or famine with his bat. Personally, I would offer up something like Leyba, Barrett, and Robbie Ray and see what kind of response that garnered. The Brewers season has gone so bad so fast, they might not need any of Arizona's blue chippers to get the deal done.
He does have value but he's easily accessible if that makes sense. He just isn't gonna break the bank trading for him. Depending on how he is playing will judge the prospects.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »