Home

"Historic Franchise" Thread

This is a discussion on "Historic Franchise" Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-04-2014, 02:27 PM   #17
Rookie

RedMeansGo2006's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: "Historic Franchise" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMeansGo2006
That's one of the changes I would like to make as well, but I would like to keep the teal one at the same time. Other changes I would like would be a complete reinstatement of the 1992 Toronto Blue Jays set (with the 1995 royal blue jersey that said "BLUE JAYS") and adding a light blue jersey with "BLUE JAYS," an all-light-blue jersey with "TORONTO," and a royal blue jersey with "TORONTO."
ShowTyme, I mistakenly thought you said "navy," but everything else I said still applies. And it's kind of amazing that a stadium so famous as Ebbets Field isn't even documented enough to get an accurate depiction of it. I never would have thought that possible. Isn't it one of the more legendary classic stadiums?

Similarly, what about stadiums whose names have since been changed since opening (e.g. Jacobs' Field)? I would love to hear it once again called by that name instead of that totally-lame name that I refuse to say. The same thing applies with The Ballpark in Arlington.

Old 09-04-2014, 06:15 PM   #18
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
ShowTyme, I mistakenly thought you said "navy," but everything else I said still applies. And it's kind of amazing that a stadium so famous as Ebbets Field isn't even documented enough to get an accurate depiction of it. I never would have thought that possible. Isn't it one of the more legendary classic stadiums?

Similarly, what about stadiums whose names have since been changed since opening (e.g. Jacobs' Field)? I would love to hear it once again called by that name instead of that totally-lame name that I refuse to say. The same thing applies with The Ballpark in Arlington.
Yeah some historic stadiums are hard find when it comes to photos. Ebbets Field is def at the top of the list.

As for the Jacobs Field and BPAA names. Doubt it'll be listed like that in stadium selection due to legal/license issues I assume. Not 100% sure on that though.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:08 PM   #19
Rookie

RedMeansGo2006's Arena

I'm guessing that the license, if that still applies here, might be lower than other stadiums. The main issue would be why they would even be in the game singe they're essentially the same stadium. I would advocate in that case that classic stadiums be DLC and leave it to the player to download what they wish. I guess that means that the old League Park (original home of the Indians) and Huntington Avenue Grounds (Red Sox) probably won't be in, either, although that would be interesting to see. What about Fenway Park before the Monster, The Oakland Coliseum before all the crazy renovations, the old Busch Stadium, or the old Comickey Park?

Old 09-12-2014, 03:02 PM   #20
Rookie

RedMeansGo2006's Arena

Since this thread seems to have lapsed, Knight's comment earlier made me curious. Knight, ShowTyme, if we get a jersey creator at some point, and you were going to make changes, what designs would you create?

Old 09-12-2014, 07:10 PM   #21
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Since this thread seems to have lapsed, Knight's comment earlier made me curious. Knight, ShowTyme, if we get a jersey creator at some point, and you were going to make changes, what designs would you create?
Do you mean uniform creations?

I don't know if you've seen some of the Diamond Dynasty creations of some guys....but if there was a Vault for it...I could see guys making almost every iteration of MLB uniform.

But I'm terrible at it.
When they first introduced it....they had us trying it at the Community Week.
Mine were good for comic relief only.
theSlab?....his are GOLD.
Guy is an artist.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 08:18 PM   #22
Rookie

RedMeansGo2006's Arena

I've thought about a few of them lately. I think I've come up with about 75 designs just for teams that I like.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:40 PM   #23
Banned

ASB 2005 had Ebbets Field (it was called Retro Dodger to avoid licensing), so if they could find photos to model, no reason SCEA couldn't
Old 09-15-2014, 05:42 PM   #24
Rookie

RedMeansGo2006's Arena

Or at the very least, could they give us stadiums that look similar to the ones they can't get rights for? Even generic-looking "old" stadiums (in the same mold as generic minor-league parks) would be fine with me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »