Home

PS4 May release date

This is a discussion on PS4 May release date within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-10-2014, 12:11 AM   #41
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: PS4 May release date

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
I actually believe the PS4 was in SCEA hands last year. The Show 14 has been sitting on the shelf waiting for release. They just added the finishing touches on The Show 15 and will be heading to the chalk board for The Show 16.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2014, 12:21 AM   #42
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
I can't tell if he was being facetious or not.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-10-2014, 12:29 AM   #43
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
I'm mostly quoting this post to see if we can get a full page of Chris Tucker facepalm gifs.

But, seriously, these developers and game production companies have tight enough deadlines just getting out a good product for the current year let alone having next year's game done too, lol. That would actually be a slap in the face to the consumer to short circuit a development cycle for this year's game and rob it of all possible improvements/testing and let it "sit on the shelf." While I'm sure there is some advance research work into later editions such as '15 and '16, I'd have to think the huge majority of resources are poured into the current development cycle. Forgive me if I am being naive.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:48 AM   #44
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I can't tell if he was being facetious or not.

M.K.
Knight165
I was actually riding the wave of the many theories. But with such a isolated response to my post, it tends to make one wonder lol

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions

Last edited by fsufan4423; 04-10-2014 at 02:03 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:19 AM   #45
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I'm mostly quoting this post to see if we can get a full page of Chris Tucker facepalm gifs.

But, seriously, these developers and game production companies have tight enough deadlines just getting out a good product for the current year let alone having next year's game done too, lol. That would actually be a slap in the face to the consumer to short circuit a development cycle for this year's game and rob it of all possible improvements/testing and let it "sit on the shelf." While I'm sure there is some advance research work into later editions such as '15 and '16, I'd have to think the huge majority of resources are poured into the current development cycle. Forgive me if I am being naive.
Ever play Madden?

Don't get me wrong, I posted that to add humor to this thread. But! to really think a company couldn't have features back logged for future editions....would be silly. How hard would it be to add a few new features and prepare for mass production if its basically the same game being shipped.

Most games don't make huge gameplay changes year to year, just feature based. The one major complaint I read on this forum is people complaining how games progress at a snails pace. Fortunately, The Show is a rare game that has great gameplay that is second to none in the sports gaming industry, which is why it's well respected.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2014, 03:27 AM   #46
Banned

ZealousMonkey's Arena

OVR: 0

Here we are worrying and some poor guy is still at his deck desperately trying to get the last details in code or art done, all the while reading this on his second screen swearing silently like a drunken sailor
Old 04-10-2014, 09:16 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 8

I think a lot more stores will break release date with the PS4 version if they get their shipment early, since the PS3 version is already out and selling and many storeowners wont really realize the difference..
Old 04-10-2014, 09:29 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
I think a lot more stores will break release date with the PS4 version if they get their shipment early, since the PS3 version is already out and selling and many storeowners wont really realize the difference..
I think your right. Unfortunate as it'll be. (not for us, but of them) lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »