Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #49
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Player Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
As I said before in another thread other than Beards/hair I think all the gear has to be the same on both formats ps3/ps4 or it would cause roster share issues and corruption .

I base this off of the PS3 version being a port to the ps4 at least with gear and player models , it would have to be the same accept for more definition for the ps4 as the ps3 has been maxed out graphically for a while now. .
I've converted Madden rosters, NBA 2K rosters, MLB 2K rosters, etc between different games and/or platforms with different gear options and it hasn't been a problem. With those games, as long as the roster file structure is the same, you're good.

That said, every game is different and I have no idea how The Show is programmed, so you could very well be right about the tie-in. If that is the case though, I hope the PS3 dies a quick death...lol. I don't want the series held back due to a platform that has already peaked.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:12 PM   #50
Banned

CJ10's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I've converted Madden rosters, NBA 2K rosters, MLB 2K rosters, etc between different games and/or platforms with different gear options and it hasn't been a problem. With those games, as long as the roster file structure is the same, you're good.

That said, every game is different and I have no idea how The Show is programmed, so you could very well be right about the tie-in. If that is the case though, I hope the PS3 dies a quick death...lol. I don't want the series held back due to a platform that has already peaked.
I agree. The ps4 game should not be the same game as the ps3 just with better graphics. They have the opportunity to now do great things with this game. Let's hope they seize that opportunity.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:42 AM   #51
Banned

RedSoxFox7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
As I said before in another thread other than Beards/hair I think all the gear has to be the same on both formats ps3/ps4 or it would cause roster share issues and corruption .

I base this off of the PS3 version being a port to the ps4 at least with gear and player models , it would have to be the same accept for more definition for the ps4 as the ps3 has been maxed out graphically for a while now. .
There's really no justification to say everything has to be the same between the two versions.

If you've got 2 options for gloves in the PS3 version and 20 in the PS4 version all you need to do is code the PS3 version to ignore any glove attribute >2 as being equal to 2, or you could have separate fields for PS3 and PS4 equipment in the same roster file, or countless other ways of accomplishing the same end.

Really, there are infinite ways a roster file could be made portable between the two versions and still be more feature rich in the PS4 version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2014, 12:36 PM   #52
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605

Agreed and this is why I thought the ps4 version should have been a all new build and leave the ps3 separate kinda like they did to the ps2 . I mean look the game was pretty on the ps3 but those players models from the ps3 to ps4 are now just in high def and with the new facial hair and hair added its looks like a blend of last gen and current gen had a baby , not good .

As far as the roster share thing the gear would have to be exact dont you think ? I mean if the ps4 have necklaces and ps3 didnt wouldnt that cause corruption so I expect alot of new gear things this year as this roster share thing has to be cemented for the years to come .
Old 03-02-2014, 12:47 PM   #53
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFox7
There's really no justification to say everything has to be the same between the two versions.

If you've got 2 options for gloves in the PS3 version and 20 in the PS4 version all you need to do is code the PS3 version to ignore any glove attribute >2 as being equal to 2, or you could have separate fields for PS3 and PS4 equipment in the same roster file, or countless other ways of accomplishing the same end.

Really, there are infinite ways a roster file could be made portable between the two versions and still be more feature rich in the PS4 version.
I have no Idea but heres my point other than hair stuff from both versions what if I download a roster and the ps4 have necklaces and the PS3 didnt how would that transfer work then if Kemp ps3 didnt and Kemp ps4 did on a transfer ? Thats why Im saying all gear stuff have to be exact for both versions .

Player models look like nothing but a port from the ps3 in better def when scea should have just made them from scratch for the ps4 as now they are compromised and limited because scea wanted to keep all versions compatible but that ps4 hair and beards look out of place on hi def ps3 port models which looks very freaky to me almost frankenstienish .

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 03-02-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:57 PM   #54
Rookie

mrcultureshock's Arena

OVR: 1

I don't really mind the generic "The Show" branding on the gear, but I believe catcher's gear needs to be made smaller/tighter and there should be different shapes of the helmet, pads, etc.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:28 PM   #55
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I have no Idea but heres my point other than hair stuff from both versions what if I download a roster and the ps4 have necklaces and the PS3 didnt how would that transfer work then if Kemp ps3 didnt and Kemp ps4 did on a transfer ? Thats why Im saying all gear stuff have to be exact for both versions .

Player models look like nothing but a port from the ps3 in better def when scea should have just made them from scratch for the ps4 as now they are compromised and limited because scea wanted to keep all versions compatible but that ps4 hair and beards look out of place on hi def ps3 port models which looks very freaky to me almost frankenstienish .
Example, granted a very basic one.

PS4: 5 necklace options 1-5, shoes 1-8, Beard full 1-6, Body type 1-6
PS3: No necklace options, shoes 1-3, Beard full 1-3, Body type 1-3

Player made on PS4: Matt_Kemp_5X_4X_6X_5X (X is the PS3 value)
Save transfered to PS3: That data translates to PS3 -> new save is made on PS3

New file created: Matt_Kemp_5X_43_63_52

File edited on PS3 and saved again: Matt_Kemp_5X_41_63_53 (from now on the PS3 values will stay as these when the save goes back and forth)

File transfered to PS4: Matt Kemp still has all his original PS4 edits and his new PS3 edits.

In the example I made

Necklace 1-5 on PS4= null on PS3
Shoes>3 on PS4 = Shoe 3 on PS3
Beard>3 on PS4= 3 on PS3
Body type 5= 2 on PS3 (Body type 6 could = 6 on PS3 and 4 could =1)

There is no reason why they can't have stuff only on PS4, its already happening with MLB 14 (Japanese and slap stances/swings). Who knows what these will translate to on PS3, maybe just Gen 1 and swing 1.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 03-03-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2014, 09:42 AM   #56
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMan350Z
So how can there be Nike undershirts, but no shoes?
Bump...???

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »