Home

Old 05-02-2024, 11:28 AM   #1
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Poor Singleton

There are entire half innings when he doesn't even say a word. Then when he finally does, it's almost a bit jarring because I'd gotten so accustomed to not hearing him. I really wish we could still mute individual commentators like we could in the old days. I like Singleton, but he doesn't have nearly enough lines, and the ones he does have are awfully repetitive...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2024, 11:58 AM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Poor Singleton

Commentary is horrible this year. I’ve only played a couple games but it seems like last year was better. They barely say anything about star players and a lot of dead time. Is it better in quick play than Franchise I wonder?
Old 05-02-2024, 05:28 PM   #3
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

I haven't been so lucky to hear a half inning silence from Singleton except for when I have commentary turned off, and I only have commentary on once a week.

Also, my issue isn't so much with Singleton, but the script editor. Singletons lines are far too long. I don't know if he calling a baseball game or reading an unabridged copy of War and Peace. Don't get me wrong, War and Peace is great and everthing but it doesn't mesh with the fast-pace MLB is trying to achieve. Although one wonders if War and Peace would have been as highly acclaimed as it was if it had been published under its original name, ''Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?''.

One line of Singleton dialogue is equal to three lines of dialogue from DeRo and Plesac. But between Singleton DeRo and Plesac, give me Singleton. Just give me a condensed Singleton in MLBTS25, and a new SDS script writer as well.
#44Syracuse
Old 05-02-2024, 06:41 PM   #4
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I haven't been so lucky to hear a half inning silence from Singleton except for when I have commentary turned off, and I only have commentary on once a week.

Also, my issue isn't so much with Singleton, but the script editor. Singletons lines are far too long. I don't know if he calling a baseball game or reading an unabridged copy of War and Peace. Don't get me wrong, War and Peace is great and everthing but it doesn't mesh with the fast-pace MLB is trying to achieve. Although one wonders if War and Peace would have been as highly acclaimed as it was if it had been published under its original name, ''Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?''.

One line of Singleton dialogue is equal to three lines of dialogue from DeRo and Plesac. But between Singleton DeRo and Plesac, give me Singleton. Just give me a condensed Singleton in MLBTS25, and a new SDS script writer as well.
A Megadeth AND Seinfeld reference...that gotta be a first.
Old 05-02-2024, 07:58 PM   #5
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
A Megadeth AND Seinfeld reference...that gotta be a first.
When I first saw the Poor Singleton thread title, I immediately thought, ''Poor Singleton? No. Poor Lily.

I wonder if Sony plans on having a constant revolving door at color commentary to work with Boog like they did with Vasgersian, to keep things fresh. Or would they rather keep these two together for say, the next ten years. Like I say, I like Singleton, but the best thing might be to change the sidekick every 3-5 years, just to keep that freshness.
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2024, 04:40 AM   #6
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

imo, they really need a third person in there.
Old 05-03-2024, 05:08 AM   #7
MVP

They need to start saying stats.
Every time Boog breaks out one of his canned lines, Javy Baez’s tattoo for example, I just roll my eyes and say “dude just say the guy’s batting average, that would be miles better than this.”
Old 05-04-2024, 05:58 PM   #8
Rookie

I listen every now and then but commentary feels like it's taken a step back this year. Barely any stats and every game has the same exact lines about the stadium or players. Not to mention the lack of names compared to previous games.

Also learned recently when calling up Marcelo Mayer, they pronounce his name wrong. It should be "My-er" and in game, it's pronounced like the word mayor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »