Home

Is there Enough of a Want for a College Baseball game from SDS?

This is a discussion on Is there Enough of a Want for a College Baseball game from SDS? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-30-2024, 08:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is there Enough of a Want for a College Baseball game from SDS?

Man, I gotta say, I was pining for MVP 06 and really got to looking for any hint of interest in SDS bringing us a college baseball game to go with The Show and I was just trying to bring forth a discussion about it here. Sorry if it's been posted elsewhere but man I'd love this so much. Anyone else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2024, 08:33 PM   #2
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Is there Enough of a Want for a College Baseball game from SDS?

I would absolutely love a college baseball game. A college game with The Show’s gameplay would for sure be a win.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 04-30-2024, 11:35 PM   #3
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

A college game would be an immediate pre-order from me as well. Unfortunately, the real life counterpart doesn't draw nearly enough eyes.

It's less popular than college basketball, and there's not even any plans for a new game for that sport, either.
Old 05-01-2024, 12:23 AM   #4
Rookie

I would love a college baseball game but I don’t see that happening…however most of the components for a college baseball game are already there…with created uniforms/fictional rosters and the unbelievable work of some stadium creators all we really need is for them to add aluminum bats…I know it’s not perfect but if we had the option to change season length we could probably get the college season feel with what’s already in the game
Old 05-01-2024, 05:22 AM   #5
Pro

College basketball games were cancelled due to low sales and that’s infinitely more popular than college baseball. Enjoy MVP on an emulator. There’s a mod being created by Reborn Sports (to which I’ve contributed) that will bring MVP 07 up to the modern day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2024, 06:48 AM   #6
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
A college game would be an immediate pre-order from me as well. Unfortunately, the real life counterpart doesn't draw nearly enough eyes.

It's less popular than college basketball, and there's not even any plans for a new game for that sport, either.
There's not a lot of interest in college baseball apparently. I don't think the MVP games they released way back when did all that well.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 05-01-2024, 06:59 AM   #7
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

If SDS developed the game and if they could do a NIL deal where all the players opted in like CFB players did and if all the Div. 1 teams were in the game, I would definitely spend $70 on the game but I would think we wont even get a college basketball game again so I sure dont expect to ever see a college baseball game again.
#44Syracuse
Old 05-01-2024, 12:01 PM   #8
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16

Heck, I'd be down for a college baseball game on The Show's current model.
  • Just 30 Teams: Give us the top programs and with the ability to rebrand, we can create our own colleges, if we choose so.
  • Yes, Draft instead of Recruiting: Make our Signing Bonus Pool bigger and account for every player currently on the roster to mimic scholarship amounts.
  • In-Season Free Agency = Walk-Ons: You can cut a walk-on, but anyone given a signing bonus cannot be released until they graduate, enter the draft, or transfer.
  • Roster Size: I believe NCAA Baseball rosters are capped at 40. Dropping for 93 would cut down on the effort needed. No names either, just give us generic players for all I care.
  • Equipment: Metal/Composite bats instead of wooden bats. The rest of the equipment stays the same.
  • Playoffs: Keep it the same.
  • Off-Season Free Agency = Transfer Portal: Exclusive Negotiation Period would be where you find out of a player is leaving early or transferring. You'd have the ability to persuade them to say with your negotiations for that 5-day period.
  • Trades: No trades. Keep it simple.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »