Home

Is the Sinker too Overpowering?

This is a discussion on Is the Sinker too Overpowering? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2024, 04:40 PM   #1
Rookie

bengalboy1991's Arena

OVR: 4
Is the Sinker too Overpowering?

I find that the Sinker is the hardest pitch to hit. I make contact on a regular basis but I hit more foul balls when comparing to other pitches. It's tough for me to get basic hits on this pitch. Am I alone or is a known issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2024, 05:54 PM   #2
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is the Sinker too Overpowering?

My biggest nemesis is the slider. I have no hard date to back up my belief but I would think everyone has one pitch that gives them more fits than all other pitches. That said, it could very well be that the sinker is the pitch that gives Show players more trouble than the rest. I bet Sony tracks all that info in online play, and maybe even Diamond Dynasty, so they most likely know the answer. Don't know if they've publicly said which pitch is the toughest tho. Maybe someone else can speak more knowledgeably than me.
#44Syracuse
Old 04-24-2024, 06:06 PM   #3
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

I love it when I hold R2 and find out a pitcher's primary is a sinker. I just leave my PCI dead centre and at the bottom of the zone, bcos you just know eventually that's where the ball is going, straight at the knees.

Splitters are hard, a good fast ball is hard... but i think i struggle with the slurve or slider the most. that late break, the way the ball stays in the zone right from the pitchers hand, until the last millisecond.

gets me swinging and missing every time ... at that point you're waiting for a pitcher error, and for them to hang one over the middle.
Old 04-24-2024, 06:39 PM   #4
MVP

Depends on the sinker/who’s throwing it, wouldn’t you say? Like every sinker in the game is hard-coded to be though to hit? No. That’s ridiculous.
Old 04-24-2024, 07:58 PM   #5
Rookie

I don’t mean this to be mean, but just because you can’t hit it doesn’t mean it’s an issue with the game or something it wrong (unless you didn’t intend it to mean this, which my bad). It just means you struggle hitting it.

I hit sinkers pretty well, but throw me a slurve or sweeping curve down and away and I cant hit it or lay off to save my life. It’s why I try to look at what all of the pitchers pitch types are and just try to prepare for certain pitches in certain counts. Usually fastballs/sinkers and then adjust if it look like it’s a breaking pitch. That would be my suggestion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2024, 12:34 AM   #6
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
My biggest nemesis is the slider. I have no hard date to back up my belief but I would think everyone has one pitch that gives them more fits than all other pitches. That said, it could very well be that the sinker is the pitch that gives Show players more trouble than the rest. I bet Sony tracks all that info in online play, and maybe even Diamond Dynasty, so they most likely know the answer. Don't know if they've publicly said which pitch is the toughest tho. Maybe someone else can speak more knowledgeably than me.
For me it's knuckleballs (Matt Waldron destroys me everytime I play a series against the Padres) and sliders, but specifically sliders running away from me. If they're coming in at me, I can absolutely mash them. Just see them way better.
Old 04-27-2024, 06:47 AM   #7
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Circle change ups are my number one nemesis this year. Playing DD against a guy with a circle change and I’m in trouble. It looks so much like a fastball that I swing almost every time
Old 04-27-2024, 12:13 PM   #8
Pro

HeadCoach2.0's Arena

I think that the original poster has solved the mystery of The Show 24.

The lower part of the strike zone is OP this year.

Last year it was the slider that was OP. This year you need to pound the low part of the zone with sinkers if you have pitchers who can throw one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »