Home

Getting back to the last base...

This is a discussion on Getting back to the last base... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2024, 08:10 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Getting back to the last base...

I've been seeing this for years and years, always just put up with it, and never bothered asking but it has started to finally drive me nuts. It takes way, way, way too long for guys to stop and turn around when you pass a base and want to head back. It feels like the runner is in a giant SUV and has to do a 3 point turn just to get back to the last base. Being barely a quarter of the way to the next plate, I've had outfielders actually throw me out when I was trying to get back. Has anyone else seen this? If so what do you tweak to stop it from happening so much?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2024, 08:59 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Getting back to the last base...

Valid complaint. I’d imagine it’s a balancing issue so that you (we) can’t cheese the defense during rundowns.
I just interpret it as you’re not actually controlling the baserunner, you’re controlling what the coaches are saying, iykwim.
Old 04-23-2024, 10:57 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
Valid complaint. I’d imagine it’s a balancing issue so that you (we) can’t cheese the defense during rundowns.
I just interpret it as you’re not actually controlling the baserunner, you’re controlling what the coaches are saying, iykwim.
I do 'kwym' but I still think it's lame because you can't con yourself forever into thinking all your runners just somehow suck at getting back to the bag. Every time I go play a game of MVP2005 or even 2K12 and this doesn't happen at all, I always feel like I'm breathing clearly again after a stuffy nose. It's something that's been in The Show ever since it was ruined when it left the PS2, personal opinion. I wish there was just some kind of slider you could manipulate to get rid of this. Just infuriating.
Old 04-24-2024, 06:26 AM   #4
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

There's a lot of base running head scratchers in this game. Especially if you have auto base running on. I hit a single to shallow left last night with Gleyber Torres. The fielder had the ball right as he got to first base and he still rounded and went for 2nd. Got thrown out by 2 miles. I've seen that a few times this year.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 04-26-2024, 01:16 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
There's a lot of base running head scratchers in this game. Especially if you have auto base running on. I hit a single to shallow left last night with Gleyber Torres. The fielder had the ball right as he got to first base and he still rounded and went for 2nd. Got thrown out by 2 miles. I've seen that a few times this year.
It's infuriating. Plenty of good things in this game and then there's this one GLARING problem that's never been resolved. It really takes me.out of the game because base running management is such a big part of baseball.

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »