Home

Help Me Choose a Franchise Team (Official Thread)

This is a discussion on Help Me Choose a Franchise Team (Official Thread) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2024, 03:50 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Help Me Choose a Franchise Team (Official Thread)

I appreciate all the suggestions!

I've settled on Cleveland for now but I think I've ultimately decided to play The Show a little differently this year.

Usually, I play every inning in a ton of games and stick pretty much to a single Franchise save all year. I think this year I'll be doing 3-5 seasons with a bunch of different teams and only playing a handful of full games over the course of the season.

I know that sounds like blasphemy to many here but it does mean I'll get to use more of your suggested teams!
Old 04-04-2024, 06:23 PM   #18
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
. I think this year I'll be doing 3-5 seasons with a bunch of different teams and only playing a handful of full games over the course of the season.

I know that sounds like blasphemy to many here but it does mean I'll get to use more of your suggested teams!
That's the way I usually do it. I'm not in to multiseason franchise in this game, that's what OOTP is for, for me.

This year I've been playing one game a series and the other games in the series I used the new Custom Entry feature or whatever it's called. Allows me to get through games fairly quickly while also feeling engaged with the team I'm playing with and feeling like I'm still impacting the results. If that makes sense.
Old 04-06-2024, 10:04 AM   #19
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

With the new roster update coinciding with the A’s officially announcing they will leave Oakland next season I’ve decided to “Save the A’s” and restart my franchise.
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Old 04-06-2024, 08:59 PM   #20
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
With the new roster update coinciding with the A’s officially announcing they will leave Oakland next season I’ve decided to “Save the A’s” and restart my franchise.
i was thinking the same thing ...
Old 04-06-2024, 09:06 PM   #21
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Mariners. You become Obi-Wan Kenobi.

You're *literally* their only hope.
And then you become J-Rod, he's literally their New Hope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2024, 06:18 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

If I were ever going to use a team that wasn't the Mets I'd go with Colorado. While most people think of the ball flying out of Coors Field I love the huge gaps and would build my team around speed. We'd lead the league in getting thrown out trying to stretch doubles in to triples with my reckless baserunning.
Old 04-07-2024, 08:54 PM   #23
Rookie

smcamp3's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Help Me Choose a Franchise Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
Padres meet pretty much all that criteria

- An outside contender (not a World Series favourite but not a bottom dweller) - Have to contend with a very tough NL West

- A current star to build around - Tatis, Machado, Bogaerts for positional players. Cease, Darvish, Musgrove for pitchers.

- A future star call up in a year or two - Ethan Salas and Leo De Vries for position players. Both 17 yr old phenoms. Lesko and Snelling for pitchers. Also Jackson Merrill is a future star who is a rookie this year at 20 yrs old. Plus a top 5 farm system in MLB.

- Flexibilty in terms of acquisitions via trade and free agency - big spenders lately in FA and a GM who isn't afraid to trade prospects away.

- Some decent draft picks - Dillon Head last year, again, Lesko and Snelling

- A slick looking jersey - I really like the pin stripes, but you could also go with the classic throwback blue and orange unis.

Plus one of the best ballparks in baseball to use. You can also use a knuckleballer with Waldron to add flare to the game. Luis Campusano is turning into a star before our eyes as well from the catching position. AND who doesn't love HA-SEONG KIM!
I'm a Reds fan but am far too invested in them in real life to play with them. Been toying with Seattle, Arizona and Tampa but may settle on San Diego. I love Tatis, Merrill looks like he'll be a star and obviously Ha-seong Kim is the man. I've never cared for Machado but he's great, would you say he's untouchable in real life? He'd be someone I'd potentially deal and get a haul back.
Old 04-07-2024, 09:38 PM   #24
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Help Me Choose a Franchise Team (Official Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
I’d like some suggestions of a franchise team to use this year. Preferred criteria are as follows, but the team doesn’t necessarily have to meet all of these:

- An outside contender (not a World Series favourite but not a bottom dweller)
- A current star to build around
- A future star call up in a year or two
- Flexibilty in terms of acquisitions via trade and free agency
- Some decent draft picks
- A slick looking jersey (I almost want to be the Rockies just so I can play in their City Connects)

I’ve currently narrowed it down to the Guardians or the Mariners but I’m really open to any team you think fits the bill for me.

Who should be my franchise team and why?

Giants. Best ballpark in the sport. Jung-Hoo Lee. Upcoming young prospects in Luis Matos, Marco Luciano, Heliot Ramos (sorta), and a handful of pitchers. Kyle Harrison is our young potential future ace like pitcher. Logan Webb will be an ace for a long time. Currently have Blake Snell, Matt Chapman, and a bunch of useful veterans to be a wild card contender this season. Jordan Hicks could be a star in the making. Big budget potential team, with more space freeing up next year. Great jerseys outside of our city connects. Only issue is you’ll be competing in division with the billion dollar blue guys trying to buy rings.

Last edited by GoDucks1224; 04-07-2024 at 09:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »