Home

MLB The Show 24 - Bugs and Glitches Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 - Bugs and Glitches Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2024, 10:29 PM   #33
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 24 - Bugs and Glitches Thread

Playing with Auto Fielding on

I’m pitching, bases loaded 1 out. 5 Inning, scoreless game.

Defense is in Double Play Depth.

The opposing teams catcher hits a rocket to my SS towards his glove side. Taylor made double play especially since the catcher has less than 30 speed.

Instead of rolling 2 and getting us out of the inning, he guns it home and gets 1 out in a bang bang play at the plate.

Now I’m left laboring on the mound to close the inning out.

-Franchise Fidelity to Reality Roster out Now! (MLB 23)
-Creator of JWDixon’s Franchise Spreadsheet
-More coming soon!
Old 04-01-2024, 02:00 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
10th inning runner on second to start
Next batter walks
Ask me if I want to pinch run….ignore
Both runners disappear off the bases

This is the second time it has happened to me.

UPDATE:
Just had the situation bottom 9. Batter singled, prompted to pinch run. Game was 2-2, so, even tho I didn’t want to pinch run I didn’t want to “ignore” and have that base runner disappear, so I elected to pinch run and it worked.

So, the workaround (pending the bug report) is to go to the pinch runner.

—————————

update: OK….More on the disappearing base runners. It happened before in extra innings and when I ignored substituting the base runner who, let’s say walked, both runners disappeared from the screen.

So today, tight game 3-3, 9th inning my batter walked. Held my breath and ignored the pinch runner. The runner on 1st didn’t disappear, whew. So the bug might only occur in extra innings when you start with a runner on 2nd, the next batter gets on, and you are prompted to sub and ignore it.

FYI.
Good extra info. FWIW if it helps narrow it down more, I just had the prompt come up in the 2nd inning of a 3 inning Mini Seasons game. I remembered people were having issues with it this year and decided to go into the sub screen even though I didn't want to make the change. So I backed out with Circle (PS5) after doing nothing on that screen, and my runner was still there.

Of course, we've also had a major patch since this thread was started that may have fixed the issue completely. Just wanted to provide a little extra feedback.
Old 04-01-2024, 11:06 AM   #35
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Good extra info. FWIW if it helps narrow it down more, I just had the prompt come up in the 2nd inning of a 3 inning Mini Seasons game. I remembered people were having issues with it this year and decided to go into the sub screen even though I didn't want to make the change. So I backed out with Circle (PS5) after doing nothing on that screen, and my runner was still there.

Of course, we've also had a major patch since this thread was started that may have fixed the issue completely. Just wanted to provide a little extra feedback.
Thanks. I’ll ignore with confidence now……I think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2024, 06:23 PM   #36
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

When they talk about the lineups they will say that this line up struggled with runners in scoring position and left too many chances on the bases the last game. Which might be true but we still won the game. So the timing was a little off.

And sometimes Boog refers the player as a she.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 04-02-2024, 08:34 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4

All my stats in my franchise since the last update are showing against left handed pitchers. I have zero at bats against right handed pitchers even though I just faced 4 right handed starters in a row. Also, relief pitchers coming in will show their stats for the season except for games being 0 even though they have made multiple appearances.
Old 04-03-2024, 03:24 AM   #38
Rookie

rookie5564's Arena

I started my franchise with the Mets wassup with these early 11 am games also I’m unable to change the camera view while in the manage game mode please fix this 😩😩😩
Old 04-04-2024, 08:06 AM   #39
Rookie

Fikshun's Arena

Going into second season in Franchise Mode.

Looking to scout for draft prospects only to see there are no draft picks for me this year.

I didn't sign anyone with a qualifying offer.
I did sign all my picks from the year before, but that shouldn't result in losing my picks.

Thoughts?
Old 04-05-2024, 09:29 AM   #40
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

This is a very small thing, but is an immersion breaker. The costume for the Phillie Phanatic is wrong. The costume in the game was used for one season where there was a legal dispute about the character, which was settled, and the team reverted back to the traditional costume. The face is a little different in the game the socks and shoes are wrong. Certainly not a deal breaker by any means but I think about it every time he is shown.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »