Home

MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-27-2024, 12:10 PM   #25
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
It's either that or that I could be losing some interest in gaming. I don't play anything as much as I used to.

Don't get me wrong, I've still played the hell out of the game. I've just not been as excited about it as I have been in the past.
It can be a drag if you play every pitch, etc. Maybe take a break, some later patches might interest you. Pitch the ball, hit the ball, field the ball. I can understand. They might need a complete overhaul of presentation, even tho they did add some new cameras/animations. That would help. That same mound visit has been around forever, as an example.

Take a break, bro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2024, 12:13 PM   #26
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
It can be a drag if you play every pitch, etc. Maybe take a break, some later patches might interest you. Pitch the ball, hit the ball, field the ball. I can understand. They might need a complete overhaul of presentation, even tho they did add some new cameras/animations. That would help. That same mound visit has been around forever, as an example.

Take a break, bro.
I honestly think I'll get more invested after the first patch drops, which I hope is tomorrow. I normally like to see what is fixed before I dive too deep into it.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-27-2024, 12:26 PM   #27
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
I honestly think I'll get more invested after the first patch drops, which I hope is tomorrow. I normally like to see what is fixed before I dive too deep into it.
Fingers crossed, for me, that they updated the stadium creator props. Something on the side I enjoy doing.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:41 PM   #28
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Fingers crossed, for me, that they updated the stadium creator props. Something on the side I enjoy doing.
They've dropped an update the week after release for the last 2 years, and their updates are normally on Thursdays.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-27-2024, 02:27 PM   #29
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
They've dropped an update the week after release for the last 2 years, and their updates are normally on Thursdays.
C’mon tomorrow then.
Old 03-28-2024, 12:16 AM   #30
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML
The lack of roster management and specifically the bullpen logic wasn’t mentioned in the franchise section (sorry if i missed it, page crashed multiple times on the mobile app). Was this fixed? If not, seems like a glaring thing to exclude considering how long its been in the game and how franchise breaking it is if you dont babysit every team all season.

Edit: scrolled right past the thread discussing this where people are already doing due diligence and it looks like it has NOT been fixed…

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

30 team control isn’t a feature, it’s a necessity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2024, 08:23 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I didn't buy it and I'm glad because they reportedly botched the camera in manage mode.

Bring back y2y saves and stop pandering to the simmers and ignoring those who play the game. Until then mlbts 23 will be my baseball game.
Pandering to the simmers? Like people that are into sim stats? Because MLBTS has been terrible at this for a very long time. Even the stat options suck this year. There are all these advanced sabermatrics yet you can't even get a simple R/L split in the player statistics screen. They even took away the team totals within the player stats screen. I haven't done a deep dive on the franchise stats because I guess I just don't care anymore. Unless SDS actually announces an overhaul of the sim engine I just assume it's trash.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2024, 08:33 AM   #32
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2734
30 team control isn’t a feature, it’s a necessity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In your opinion....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »