Home

Old 03-24-2024, 10:53 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB Commentary

They will never do it. go backwards in the approach...but I have always thought that the single man booth with just the play by play guy is the most effective and entertaining.

It would be a bit more realistic as far as announcing the game goes since no reliance on color guy input and syncing up cuts between them. They could add a lot of what is happening in the specific game you are playing as well as season wide and other games. I think this is what people want to hear anyway. Let the game "breathe" and stop bombarding us with outdated stories and observations that very rarely stay current during your season.

But they won't. The sports games keep jamming the booths with one guy after the other and then wonder why people turn off the announcers after a week or two because the stories become repetitive and out of sync.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2024, 11:20 AM   #26
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamingguy2023
They will never do it. go backwards in the approach...but I have always thought that the single man booth with just the play by play guy is the most effective and entertaining.

It would be a bit more realistic as far as announcing the game goes since no reliance on color guy input and syncing up cuts between them. They could add a lot of what is happening in the specific game you are playing as well as season wide and other games. I think this is what people want to hear anyway. Let the game "breathe" and stop bombarding us with outdated stories and observations that very rarely stay current during your season.

But they won't. The sports games keep jamming the booths with one guy after the other and then wonder why people turn off the announcers after a week or two because the stories become repetitive and out of sync.
For a long time I thought a one man booth would be the way to go. But after hearing Gellmans one man booth, I don't want the dev that worked on putting that together to do next years one man booth. Terrible editing. It sounds like Gellman is using two different styles for his play-by-play and his color lines. It really is an odd blend where there are two Gellmans trying to have a conversation with each other. Very disconcerting.
#44Syracuse
Old 03-24-2024, 11:31 AM   #27
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
No doubt he's great in real life but his video game voicing, compared to Boog, is stiff and dry. Boog's style is perfect for video gaming. He has sense of urgency that you never felt with Vasgersian. But Matt was still more than competent and wouldn't bother me if he ever did return. The real problem for me, even now, the color commentary sidekick, none of them have been worthy of working in a video game booth with Vasgersian or Boog. Not Hudler, not Karros, not Lyons, not Plesac, not DeRo, not Singleton. Definitely not Heide. Maybe Soup, maybe. I really wasn't sure about Harold Reynolds. I would have liked to seen him stay longer than one-and-done.
I find Boog and Singleton extremely annoying. I never felt that way with the old crew. It would be a lot better if they'd cut the stories out and have them just announce the game IMO. Hearing about Boog catching a foul ball as an announcer, and Singleton gushing over how vocal the umpire is being every single game is just so old and the game isn't even a week old yet.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-24-2024, 11:42 AM   #28
Expletive Deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
I find Boog and Singleton extremely annoying. I never felt that way with the old crew. It would be a lot better if they'd cut the stories out and have them just announce the game IMO. Hearing about Boog catching a foul ball as an announcer, and Singleton gushing over how vocal the umpire is being every single game is just so old and the game isn't even a week old yet.
I only have a problem with Singleton in that his lines are too long. When batting I hold R2 until he quits speaking. I didn't have to do that last year when pitching as I could just wait until he was thru before delivering my pitch. But with the pitch clock, I have to now hold R2 when pitching to let him finish, which kind of defeats the purpose of having a pitch clock. Less more Sony, and more less!
#44Syracuse
Old 03-24-2024, 11:45 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yeah, I think one announcer only but having them record dozens of different intonation and ways to describe all sorts of unique situations would be a best approach. The “stories”/colour get old quickly once you’ve heard them multiple times.

Unfortunately I find it to be missing something if I take commentary off completely … so just have to deal with it.
Old 03-24-2024, 11:50 AM   #30
Expletive Deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk
Yeah, I think one announcer only but having them record dozens of different intonation and ways to describe all sorts of unique situations would be a best approach. The “stories”/colour get old quickly once you’ve heard them multiple times.

Unfortunately I find it to be missing something if I take commentary off completely … so just have to deal with it.
It was great when you could turn on just Vasgersian. Those were the days.
#44Syracuse
Old 03-24-2024, 12:03 PM   #31
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I only have a problem with Singleton in that his lines are too long. When batting I hold R2 until he quits speaking. I didn't have to do that last year when pitching as I could just wait until he was thru before delivering my pitch. But with the pitch clock, I have to now hold R2 when pitching to let him finish, which kind of defeats the purpose of having a pitch clock. Less more Sony, and more less!
He was in the middle of a long winded story yesterday(Don't remember about what, really wasn't paying attention) I made the pitch which ended up with a double and a play at the plate which resulted in an out. After all that he was STILL talking and I got nothing about what had just happened in the game.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2024, 12:05 PM   #32
Pro

knich1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Sadly..this repetitive commentary was in the game last year. There does not appear to have been an update this year. If someone sees them, ask them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »